TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Koni Challenge at Lime Rock!

ilmor

This weekend the Koni Challenge is at Lime Rock (I'm going). Take a look at the entry list - a Challenger will be in the race! This should be interesting. Before too much longer I expect some Camaros will join - even better! :happy feet:

http://grand-am.com/schedule/entrylist.cfm...s=k&eid=881

The Challenger has been running with us since Daytona in January. They have not been able to get it dialed in yet. I think that they are getting there however. They have had problems getting the weight down and also electrical issues. Hopefully they will get it going well soon. I'm sure that they will as Blackforest is a great team and always fast cars. They ran Mustangs in the past in Koni and also ran the Mustang in the Grand-Am Rolex GT series. I can't be at Lime Rock this weekend due to other commitments. Oh well. Have fun!!

Yes, Daytona is always the biggest race of the year for both Koni and Rolex. Some teams have to pick an choose some events for monetary purposes of course. Some don't hit the west coast from the east, etc. I've actually been pretty impressed with the car counts in GA compared to other series. They are certainly down due to the economy, but not near as bad as some of the others. Both ALMS and World Challenge seem to be hurting quite a bit more than GA in this economy. Mustang Challenge has had fairly equal car counts to last year. I'm sure it would have gone up big time this year without the hit to the economy. Koni actually has had a couple new teams at each event this year also. So there is some good news.

The Roush Mustang is 3rd fastest in the latest practice. This definitely appears to be a BMW weekend!!

http://grand-am.com/schedule/results.cfm?s...881&sid=597

edit - the Dodge Challenger is doing poorly - will the heavy Camaros have the same problem when they start racing in this series?

Archived