TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Sirus Option For 08 only

ebonyscgt500

I have recently received my car .....and the Dealer indicated that the Sirius satellite option is only available in 08....has anyone else heard this ....when I placed my order I was told that it was an option and could be ordered..... and now at delivery it was not installed and I was told only in 08......Sorry its Canadian cars.....

I have recently received my car .....and the Dealer indicated that the Sirius satellite option is only available in 08....has anyone else heard this ....when I placed my order I was told that it was an option and could be ordered..... and now at delivery it was not installed and I was told only in 08......

I have seen cars on the showroom with this option installed (but not in canada :doh: )

John

I have recently received my car .....and the Dealer indicated that the Sirius satellite option is only available in 08....has anyone else heard this ....when I placed my order I was told that it was an option and could be ordered..... and now at delivery it was not installed and I was told only in 08......Sorry its Canadian cars.....

I remember seeing a canadian shelby order guide and thought it was there?

Did not think that made a diff as U S cars had them avail from job 1 as did both my coupe and convert

Be grateful, the antenna is pretty ugly (just one man's opinion). Great service though.

I agree.....too many signal drops, and a muted sound compared to reg radio and CD's. Plus it really is

an ugly ant on the trunk. Be glad that it is not availalble...not worth $12 amonth!!

Why would a sattelite radio be different between 2 countries? Too many snow clouds for the signal to pass through? :hysterical: No really? Why would it be different?

Two reasons: first off all, it takes approval by their communications commission (like our FCC) as well as their automotive safety arm of the government. Secondly, the satellite owners (not XM/Sirius...the owners) have been jacking around with telemetry to maximize coverage. They know it sucks in the lower 48...and the more northerly it goes the worse it is. It's improved over a couple of years ago, but it's still crap. They're now fighting to use ground-based repeaters as augmentation for a flawed system.

If you don't like terrestrial radio, buy 13 downloads a month for the price of satellite. Add 'em to your iPod and plug it in. It won't drop out...and you won't have that nastly melanoma on your trunk.

If you really are dying for more variety, take a look at this:

www.hdradio.com

It's coming to a country near you :hyper:

bj

Be glad you didn't get it. i did not like the look on the trunk deck of the reciever. (my opinion)

Be glad you didn't get it. i did not like the look on the trunk deck of the reciever. (my opinion)

I agree. It is also a monthly payment like your cable bill. Then if you quit the service, you have that darn trunk antenna !!

Archived