TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Pics of me and sprint200 at the drag strip

Fastbackman

Here's pics of our trip to the Tulsa Raceway Park on Saturday, November 18. Sorry Jeff, but my dad was recording when we raced each other and he didn't get video of that race. Once my friend got their to record, we got the rest of my runs. I was really looking forward to posting that video, but oh well. I wish we would have ran each other again so I would have it on video. Enjoy the pics everyone. A third, blue Shelby was there as well. He did not race but it was nice having three GT500's at the track, all in different colors. I have some videos I can post if I can figure out how to get them from my camcorder to the computer. I registered at streetfire so I can upload them there and post a link once I get them moved to my computer but I can't remember how. If anyone can help me with that, I'll be glad to post videos. I probably won't get them up tonight and I can't make promises about tomorrow, but I'll do my best.

Sorry, I have about 15 or 16 pics to post but my internet connection is pathetic tonight so these 3 are all I can do for now. I have to get up in 4 1/2 hours, so I've got to get to bed. I'll try to get more tomorrow.

Okay, here's the rest of the pics. Enjoy!

post-149-1164165309_thumb.jpg

post-149-1164165444_thumb.jpg

post-149-1164167753_thumb.jpg

post-149-1164187288_thumb.jpg

post-149-1164187406_thumb.jpg

post-149-1164187494_thumb.jpg

post-149-1164187684_thumb.jpg

post-149-1164187805_thumb.jpg

post-149-1164187900_thumb.jpg

post-149-1164188055_thumb.jpg

post-149-1164188242_thumb.jpg

post-149-1164188340_thumb.jpg

post-149-1164188453_thumb.jpg

post-149-1164188562_thumb.jpg

post-149-1164188736_thumb.jpg

Here's pics of our trip to the Tulsa Raceway Park on Saturday, November 18. Sorry Jeff, but my dad was recording when we raced each other and he didn't get video of that race. Once my friend got their to record, we got the rest of my runs. I was really looking forward to posting that video, but oh well. I wish we would have ran each other again so I would have it on video. Enjoy the pics everyone. A third, blue Shelby was there as well. He did not race but it was nice having three GT500's at the track, all in different colors. I have some videos I can post if I can figure out how to get them from my camcorder to the computer. I registered at streetfire so I can upload them there and post a link once I get them moved to my computer but I can't remember how. If anyone can help me with that, I'll be glad to post videos. I probably won't get them up tonight and I can't make promises about tomorrow, but I'll do my best.

Sorry, I have about 15 or 16 pics to post but my internet connection is pathetic tonight so these 3 are all I can do for now. I have to get up in 4 1/2 hours, so I've got to get to bed. I'll try to get more tomorrow.

Nice Photos of your shelby Fastbackman. I can't wait to see the rest. I want to see that GO of sprint's in action. :shift:

I added the rest of the pics to post 1.

Sorry, I was too busy making runs to take any of the action pics so I didn't get many, and he apparently didn't get any of Jeff's car in action. I'm a little disappointed but I guess I should have stopped racing and took some pics myself. My best time on street tires was when I raced Jeff. I ran a 13.147 to his 13.535. We both had really bad 60ft. times. They were in the 2.3's and 2.4's. All of my street tire runs were with TCS on. I didn't plan to leave it on, but Jeff had some traction issues with his off on one run and ended up getting a good look at the wall, so we left TCS on the rest of the day on street tires. I ran a couple of passes on some drag radials that someone loaned me and ran a best of 12.721 with 60ft. time of 1.815 with the TCS off. I didn't shift very good on this run and was about 5 mph off so I know I can do better. This was a first time for both of us. I expect much better as I go more. I'm not sure if I'll go back until I get drag radials though.

To download video onto your computer you can do it 2 ways, 1. with a converter box which is USB driven or 2. use a firewire cable this is better and faster most new computers have this connection in the back or front of the computer.

You will also need a video editing software like windows movie maker (which is probably on your computer already), videowave by Roxio or something similar. If all goes well your computer will recognize your camera and you can begin downloading video.

Once you download the video on to the computer its just a matter of editing it the way you want it, adding text, sound, music, graphics, etc...

After you have saved your movie (you should save it no bigger than 20megs this helps speed up the upload time on streetfire or youtube) then go to streetfire, youtube, etc... and upload your video.

I hope this helps you, if you have any more questions feel free to ask.

Okay, here's the rest of the pics. Enjoy!

Fastbackman, what's with the plates on the blue and red car they look the same, different states? Thanks!

Fastbackman, what's with the plates on the blue and red car they look the same, different states? Thanks!

Different "countries"! I think fastbackman has plates from the Cherokee Nation. The other plates are Oklahoma plates. :blink:

Nice pictures. The times are not bad for the 1st time. Do you have any mods on your car or is it stock?

Both cars were 100% bone stock both with 100% novice drivers....but I seemed to be a bit more "novice"... :ohsnap:

Sprint200,

What did you mean when you said you saw the wall. Did you almost bite it ?

When I grabbed 2nd gear I was WOT, the tires cut loose and the back end snapped hard to the right. I input a some counter-steer and backed off the throttle till the car snapped straight; slammed the pedal back down and started slapping the steering wheel for being such a dufus! :doh: :P

yeah, and then I had to change pants :baby:

When I grabbed 2nd gear I was WOT, the tires cut loose and the back end snapped hard to the right. I input a some counter-steer and backed off the throttle till the car snapped straight; slammed the pedal back down and started slapping the steering wheel for being such a dufus! :doh: :P

yeah, and then I had to change pants :baby:

Yoy actually "SHARTED" yourself. :hysterical:

B) Figure of speech ma boy B) :hysterical: But it did scare me!....twiced... :doh:

I've been out practicing my launch and 2nd gear shift. Gonna give it another try this Sunday afternoon :shift:

You be carefull with my look alike car ya hear.

Your Avatar is killing me. :rant:

B) Figure of speech ma boy B) :hysterical: But it did scare me!....twiced... :doh:

I've been out practicing my launch and 2nd gear shift. Gonna give it another try this Sunday afternoon :shift:

Are you taking it to a track again? I already want to go back but I hate to without drag radials. They spoil you in a hurry. I hope I get back soon.

Are you taking it to a track again? I already want to go back but I hate to without drag radials. They spoil you in a hurry. I hope I get back soon.

Test & Tune down at Thunder Valley in Noble...I can drive in & out there.

I've been practicing slipping the clutch with about 3500 rpm to minimize wheel spin/hop while avoiding the bog at launch and rolling into the throttle in 2nd. Also I noticed that that really high clutch release lets you just touch the pedal while grabbing the gear. It makes an interesting little chirp; the cerametallic plates I guess.

I won't know if any of this helps with the street tires or not until I try it out on the clock.

Test & Tune down at Thunder Valley in Noble...I can drive in & out there.

I've been practicing slipping the clutch with about 3500 rpm to minimize wheel spin/hop while avoiding the bog at launch and rolling into the throttle in 2nd. Also I noticed that that really high clutch release lets you just touch the pedal while grabbing the gear. It makes an interesting little chirp; the cerametallic plates I guess.

I won't know if any of this helps with the street tires or not until I try it out on the clock.

NICE color selection, sprint.....

not that I have any bias...... :hysterical:

Archived