TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Shelby-GT on ebay

crispy23c

See? Didn't take long at all. Dealer listing "Bid for over MSRP" on a new Shelby-GT to be ordered, White. Bidding for car starts at $5,000.00 over MSRP, no bids so far:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...p;rd=1&rd=1

SO, let's hope this one dies a slow death without any bids :doh::finger:

There goes the neighborhood, part III :banghead::banghead::banghead:

It sure clear that they sure don't walk the talk......it all about money not what comes out of their mouth.....when they want your attention and respect.......shame on them...

So one car (Shelby GT) gets posted on E-bay, and everyone starts to flip out ? Give it a break guys. Ya all knew that there would be some sort of ADM on this car. Over a week ago I posted that a local dealer in Oregon was going to sell them for $1,990 ADM & I offered to put anyone in touch with them if you wanted to buy. No one even raised a eyebrow or intrest at the 2K ADM. <_<

I agree with Rob. I think the $5000 start shows promise. This dealer isn't expecting a big ADM. We all remember when the GT500s started at $20000+. I have talked to several dealers and nobody has more than a handfull of inquiries. Good luck to everyone.

I was Number 9 on the list. I got a e-mail saying come on in, you are now number 1 on the list. Bring your check book. So what that tells me is that 1-8 dropped out. Go figure. :shrug: This is a good thing.

Is this the GT350 Shelby?

Nope, we all hope it will be an "option" for this car...

So one car (Shelby GT) gets posted on E-bay, and everyone starts to flip out ? Give it a break guys. Ya all knew that there would be some sort of ADM on this car. Over a week ago I posted that a local dealer in Oregon was going to sell them for $1,990 ADM & I offered to put anyone in touch with them if you wanted to buy. No one even raised a eyebrow or intrest at the 2K ADM. <_<

No one raised an eyebrow because the $1990 isn't that much and probably be erased with 5 minutes of negotiations. This guy wants to start the bidding on ADM at $5,000, for a car with a +25 bump in HP and some FRPP packs. Great car, don't get me wrong, but it's a GT/CS under there. Also, I am sick to death of the ADMs on the '500, so this is turning me off alot quicker. Not flipping out, just disgusted!

I was Number 9 on the list. I got a e-mail saying come on in, you are now number 1 on the list. Bring your check book. So what that tells me is that 1-8 dropped out. Go figure. :shrug: This is a good thing.

That alone should tell you something about the market for this car. Here's why: I think it is a great car, and underrated by the public that has a fascination with maximum horsepower. I love HP, don't get me wrong, but balance is just as important in a vehicle. People all want to claim "I have the most HP", and clearly are willing to pay big bucks for that claim-- look at the GT500. Make the Shelby GT with optional blower a GT350 with around 400 HP (or better yet, use the 4.6 blown '03-'04 Cobra motor), and you would have a killer machine with much better balance than the '500. That would be a car to die for! :hyper: :hyper: :hyper:

I really want a 'vert. And I am hoping against hope for a GT 350. But if it came down to brass tacks, I would order a Shelby GT 'vert with the blower. Since they are offering neither--as of yet-- I am holding out for either:

- the Shelby-GT convertible (stick on their blower);

-the GT 350 to bow in (in convertible form);

- the GT 500 to drop their ADMs (might die of old age before that happens);

- pick up a GT-H convertible (if ever produced and all of the above fails) and get the SAI blower for it.

If none of this ever happens, then I go for a coupe ;)

I love the coupe, but for a toy, I want a 'vert....and I am stuborn--ask my wife!!! :yup:

So, I have options, options, options. It's just that none of them are available to me right now! :hysterical::hysterical:

Crispy,

I would love to have seen a GT350 option box as well but it doesn't look like it is happening. Amy answered on another site.....

http://forums.bradbarnett.net/showthread.p...1744&page=9

I'm going to ask you directly and to the point- Is their ANY chance of a 2008 / 2009 Shelby Mustang GT350 ????????? The best way around this question is to side step the question.... But the question has been ask on this site - directly to you.... If you can't answer the question - then it answers my question confirming their is a strong chance, if you say NO then it ends a hope and dream of many Shelby/ Mustang fans.... And ofcourse if you outright said YES - I'd be shocked by a straight forward positive reply...I've seen many on this site skirt around the question of a future GT350 I think this is the first time it's been asked as a direct YES or NO... I am sorry to put you on the spot, you sound like a really great person who really cares about the company she runs and the Shelby fans on this site... You are a very rare and special person to actual come to this site and answer our questions, this is the facts as I see it - trust me I NEVER kiss up - period...

>>> ok, we want to build a gt350, but it is very difficulkt at this point, it needs to have a lot of power, pass epa and nitsa and all the other requirements. If this car is done, it will be a while. we are looking into the feasability of it, but it is not on the offical plan yet. I wish I could give you more, I cant as I dont have it. And I have to focus on the cars at hand......shelby Gt, 40th anniversary car, a possible new GT-H , and???

hang in, I will tell you when I know more and if I get yelled at, for saying too much, I am sending them your way....lol

Amy

Good info, socaljafo.

I saw it & interpreted it differently:

>>> ok, we want to build a gt350, but it is very difficulkt at this point, it needs to have a lot of power, pass epa and nitsa and all the other requirements. If this car is done, it will be a while. we are looking into the feasability of it, but it is not on the offical plan yet. I wish I could give you more, I cant as I dont have it. And I have to focus on the cars at hand......shelby Gt, 40th anniversary car, a possible new GT-H , and???

hang in, I will tell you when I know more and if I get yelled at, for saying too much, I am sending them your way....lol

"Want to build it"....."If this car is done, it will be a while. we are looking into the feasability of it, but it is not on the offical plan yet."......."And I have to focus on the cars at hand"

Makes sense to me. I still have my other options if this does not happen quickly enough. Maybe Ford will build it. IfFord or Shelby builds it, IMO, it should keep true to the Shelby-GT platform (read: LOWER WEIGHT than the '500), with better brakes, more HP (400+ or -), etc than the Shelby GT.

My .02

I will get off my soapbox now... :soapbox:

I agree with implication that it will be built but not for awhile. I just can't wait that long. i am already getting an ulcer waiting to order a GT.

I also agree it should be lighter and better balanced then the GT500. I think were of the same mind... A supercharger on the 4.6L, exhaust, brake package, and suspension. Sounds like most of the options I want to add already.

You can throw out the back seat and other weight if you like but I have a son I want to raise into a Shelby lover.

PS.

Still no bids....fingers crossed.

They might get the car to market acceptance faster by taking the friggen name off of it. Call it a hippo or whatever, but quit milking a dying cow Ford. Its starting to become an embarrassment to the Blue Oval, this slavish devotion to an era gone by. JUST BUILD THE DAMM THINGS AND LET THE OWNERS CREATE THE LEGEND!! instead of trading on the dusty past.

I agree with implication that it will be built but not for awhile. I just can't wait that long. i am already getting an ulcer waiting to order a GT.

I also agree it should be lighter and better balanced then the GT500. I think were of the same mind... A supercharger on the 4.6L, exhaust, brake package, and suspension. Sounds like most of the options I want to add already.

You can throw out the back seat and other weight if you like but I have a son I want to raise into a Shelby lover.

PS.

Still no bids....fingers crossed.

Still no bids....holding my breath....It's not that I don't want these cars to sell, I just don't want the dealer to :censored: the consumer (yeah, that's me, potentially) out of hard-earned cash. No bids is good bids.

socaljafo, I agree with you, even with the boy, but I have 2, and need a back seat. Like you, I just want some serious giddyup and whoah(!) with those 4 seats! :shift:

You know....the less we all pay for ADM is the more Shelby upfitting $$$ we can throw at this car. We win, and Shelby wins, too! Yeeeeeeeeee-haaaaaaaaaw!!!!!

NICE! Start 'em young!

Here's another Shelby-GT on e-bay, amount over MSRP bid (again):

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Ford-Mustan...1QQcmdZViewItem

Starting bid is $99 over MSRP, has been up today, apparantly. No bids (phew!)...

Crazy. I'm bolting to the dealer 9am Friday before he gets a hit off the crack pipe that guys smoking.

Here's another, biding on final price not ADM...I'll be curious where it ends....Also curious, is it has a VIN number...I didn't think there were numbers yet.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Ford-Mustan...cmdZViewItem#lg

Well, I found another but I am not going to post because this could get out of hand....Only reason I mention is that it has a VIN too. So, it must be happening. Excuse my ignorance.

See? Didn't take long at all. Dealer listing "Bid for over MSRP" on a new Shelby-GT to be ordered, White. Bidding for car starts at $5,000.00 over MSRP, no bids so far:

Somebody bid the $5000.00 :rant:

Reserve not met!!! :banghead:

Somebody bid the $5000.00 :rant:

Reserve not met!!! :banghead:

I wouldn't get in any hurry to pay ADM. I was 4th on the list at a local dealer and got a call last week offering to order me one at MSRP. Must mean that #1-3 dropped out. I don't want the Shelby GT without a SC and until I know what it's going to sticker for, I'm not ready to commit. I really wanted the GT500 at MSRP, so am not ready to settle for the Shelby GT if it's going to price out over 40k with a SC. My dealer is leaving me in the first position and will call again when they come up to order the 2nd of the 2 Shelby GTs they have been told they are getting. I don't know if they just ordered the first one for inventory or had someone behind me on the list that ordered it. I think if someone is ready to order the Shelby GT they can find an MSRP deal by making a few calls.

I am not going to pay any ADM on the Shelby GT. I was hoping nobody else would on the Ebay cars so I could tell dealers that they weren't getting ADM on Ebay. I am in good position with two dealers who are waiting to get all the details, including Shelby options, lined up. It's probably good for me in the long run that they are more paitent then I am.

As far as not paying over 40K with a Supercharger, I think that might be difficult. There has been a lot of discussion the last few days in other threads. I leave that discussion in those threads (so there isn't five threads).

I am not going to pay any ADM on the Shelby GT. I was hoping nobody else would on the Ebay cars so I could tell dealers that they weren't getting ADM on Ebay. I am in good position with two dealers who are waiting to get all the details, including Shelby options, lined up. It's probably good for me in the long run that they are more paitent then I am.

As far as not paying over 40K with a Supercharger, I think that might be difficult. There has been a lot of discussion the last few days in other threads. I leave that discussion in those threads (so there isn't five threads).

+1 on everything you said....

....died at $5400, reserve not met. :doh:

Archived