TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Obama proposes first regulation of auto emissions

:headscratch:

Nice!

But hey read the article!

"Obama was flanked at the ceremony by executives from 10 automakers and labor leaders. Governor Jennifer Granholm of Michigan, whose state includes the capital of the beleaguered auto industry, Detroit, also attended and embraced the plan for giving the industry cost certainty by setting a uniform national standard.

The plan resolves a long-running dispute between the government and California, which sought a waiver from federal law to impose its own tough standards on emissions. That could have led to a patchwork of different state regulations. Obama said a series of lawsuits tied to California's efforts would be dropped. California would save money by avoiding the need for a special state compliance program.

California Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger, who attended the announcement, told reporters the weekend negotiations on the plan were "very intense."

"Then all of a sudden it all clicked and it came together," he said. "It really was a huge battle and the president has brought everyone together and now we're marching forward in the same direction.""

Seems most people are on board with this!

Good enough for me! Hey if it reduces gas use and keep prices down so I can drive my car and not kill my wallet I'm all for that! I noticed gas was higher this AM when I filled up.

I vote everyone drive high MPG cars to keep demand and prices low so I can drive my muscle car! :happy feet:

Archived