TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Shelby GT500 Rear Spoiler

Below are photos of 08CSM0528 before and after adding an OEM Shelby GT500 rear spoiler. The added stripe material is Oracal 970, like the rest. Now I just need to drive to some scenic place and take some better photos. So far, the spoiler and splash guards are my only mods.

-Steve :burnout:

before

IMG_2293.jpg

after

IMG_2677.jpg

Looks good

Thanks!

Spoiler looks good and you'll love it! That was the first mod I did to my SGT...Sure makes the rear end feel more planted to me anyway...

Thanks, I installed the same spoiler, rear bumper and splash guards on my 05 GT, and I agree besides the good looks, it is functional too! However, the spoiler I added to my 05 was a 3dCarbon equivalent, which wasn't the same quality and fit as the OEM spoiler.

The spoiler looks great. Can you also give info and photos re the flaps.

Glad you like. The flaps are OE Shelby GT500 rear splash guards which I purchased from Ninosport.com for $24.95, including shipping. However, the price has increased to $69.95 since I purchased them.

http://www.ninosport.com/Ford-Factory-GT50...ds-2005-Mustang

I think I saw them on ebay for $39 plus shipping. The install is very easy, just two existing screws on each side hold them on, which are easiest to get to by removing the rear wheels first.

looks great on the VB. It was one of the first mods for me too....Craig

Thanks Craig! Your SGT looks sharp too. ..love those SilverHorse recessed rear quarter windows.

-Steve

Looks very clean Steve. Are you going to the TMS show in June, I've posted as to who will be attending this event in the SSF forums but not many people are too enthusiastic about it.... I will still be going, I hope to not be the only SGT there....

Did you see the vid from last year????

Crazy burnouts.....

Spoiler looks good and you'll love it! That was the first mod I did to my SGT...Sure makes the rear end feel more planted to me anyway...

I debated this modification to my SGT and one of the points I considered was whether the spoiler was functional. There was a thread on this Forum where that point was explored in some detail, with the evidence being that it is not. I went looking for that thread and cannot find it but it included some airflow photos that showed the shape of the roof causing the air to flow off well above the GT500 spoiler. Take a look at this link to the FR500S car and you will see the spoiler they crafted for it: http://www.fordracingparts.com/Mustang/PDF...0S_HeroCard.pdf

The debate over the GT500 spoiler is one that is long running. In the end, I decided not to do it but I have always been candid that it was a very close call for me and who knows if tomorrow I will not change my mind.

Jim

Looks very clean Steve. Are you going to the TMS show in June, I've posted as to who will be attending this event in the SSF forums but not many people are too enthusiastic about it.... I will still be going, I hope to not be the only SGT there....

Did you see the vid from last year????

Crazy burnouts.....

Hey Chris, Glad you like the spoiler. I'm thrilled with it! I am planning to attend the upcoming TMS Car Show. Naturally, most on SSF forums are nolonger backing TMS, because TMS supports only SFS, so don't expect many positive comments. The show IS fun. It was better when TMS didn't discourage the ad-hoc burnout competition at the conclusion of the show. But as you noticed from last Summer's video, the burnouts and such were dangerous to the public, especially when other traffic was around. The local police, which are friendly to TMS, are the ones that put a stop to it. In the past the police could be seen observing the burnouts, but didn't harrass anyone. However, there were many public complaints. If you go, then the will be at least our two SGTs, and most likely a 3rd white one that attends regularly. So all color SGTs will most likely be represented. There will be a mobil dyno present at the next TMS show, so that, in addition to the many stangs and their owners, make it a great show. Just remember it's So. FL in the Summer, so be prepared for the heat and humidity. They do sell hot dogs, hamburgers and drinks at the show that are very reasonably priced. Plan to arrive early (maybe 9am) for a choice spot. We can park together! -Steve

Hey Chris, Glad you like the spoiler. I'm thrilled with it! I am planning to attend the upcoming TMS Car Show. Naturally, most on SSF forums are nolonger backing TMS, because TMS supports only SFS, so don't expect many positive comments. The show IS fun. It was better when TMS didn't discourage the ad-hoc burnout competition at the comclusion of the show. But as you noticed from last Summer's video, the burnouts and such were dangerous to the public, especially when other traffic was around. The local police, which are friendly to TMS, are the ones that put a stop to it. In the past the police could be seen observing the burnouts, but didn't harrass anyone. However, there were many public complaints. If you go, then the will be at least our two SGTs, and most likely a 3rd white one that attends regularly. So all color SGTs will most likely be represented. There will be a mobil dyno present at the next TMS show, so that, in addition to the many stangs and their owners, make it a great show. Just remember it's So. FL in the Summer, so be prepared for the heat and humidity. They do sell hot dogs, hamburgers and drinks at the show that are very reasonably priced. Plan to arrive early (maybe 9am) for a choice spot. We can park together! -Steve

Oh, I see. Well, I hope that we can park our rides together. I will be trying to leave early but my club( Magic City mustangs) will be going together so I hope we can get there before 9AM.

I debated this modification to my SGT and one of the points I considered was whether the spoiler was functional. There was a thread on this Forum where that point was explored in some detail, with the evidence being that it is not. I went looking for that thread and cannot find it but it included some airflow photos that showed the shape of the roof causing the air to flow off well above the GT500 spoiler. Take a look at this link to the FR500S car and you will see the spoiler they crafted for it: http://www.fordracingparts.com/Mustang/PDF...0S_HeroCard.pdf

The debate over the GT500 spoiler is one that is long running. In the end, I decided not to do it but I have always been candid that it was a very close call for me and who knows if tomorrow I will not change my mind.

Jim

+1 I was in the same boat. I decided against it for 2 reasons:

- my 66 doesn't have a spoiler and I like the more classic look.

- I was never sold on the idea that this spoiler did anything. Since this is the only spoiler I like the looks of, it was either this one or nothing at all.

It looks good regardless. Nice work.

Ken

Couldn't tell from the photos but are the splash guards only on the rear? Are there spalshguards made for the front also?

Yes, the splash guards are only on the rear. They are what's OE on all Shelby GT500s.

Kahmann and WildAzCat: Thanks for the compliments.

I can't wait to take some better photos. I haven't taken any good ones since the new spoiler, hood scoop and new axlebacks were installed.

-Steve

Archived