TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Wear spot in rug under pedals

I got a wear spot in the rug underneath the pedals. It appears as though the Ford Mustang rubber mats caused it (no longer use). They have a rough surface underneath and everytime I get in and out of the car I push on that spot. So It is a wear spot that needs to be patched somehow. I was thinking about a small amount of black rubberized bed liner to touch it up and then maybe a touch of flat black carpet dye spray paint. You can only see when you bend down to vacumn the carpet so it's not an eyesore. I just want to keep it from getting any worse.

Any ideas??

When my Shelby was new, I bought new rubber floor matts with the ford oval on them from wal-mart and I placed them on top of the Shelby floor matts---I have zero wear on the floor matts !

The ones I got were from Ford and they look really beefy. However, the underside has a real rough surface and it was a combination of me trying to fit my fat A$$ in the seat and getting my leg under the steering wheel that cause me to push on the mat in such a way as to rub a wear spot in the carpert underneath the mat.

I have the same issue with my stock SGT mats, not the carpet. I used the hell out of the OEM mats, before I realized that I couldn't get a replacement set.

I was thinking of just swapping the Shelby tags to a regular black Ford set, but I'd rather repair the originals. Any suggestion would be appreciated.

Ken

Archived