TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Shelby GT-R Pictures

SPRSNK

Disclaimer: I took these with my phone. I'm up in SLC for the Miller Mustang School and there's a LeMon's race here today. I stopped by the track and went for a stroll around the paddock and pits. I found this car sitting in the paddock. No clue if it's real, looks like a real Shelby (doubtful on the GT-R) to me. The airbag cover was signed by Carroll, I couldn't read who else had signed it.

GT-RSide.jpg

GT-RFront.jpg

GT-RBack.jpg

I doubt it's real. The brakes haven't been upgraded, no roll cage, no harnesses, ect.

The hood scoop is different from the SGT in that it's bigger. Other than the striping and hood scoop, it looks like a SGT to me.

No way that's the real Shelby GT-R for so many reasons (grille, striped rear spoiler, stock mustang GT rear difuser, stripe width and gap width, hood pin plates, hood, old style PBR badge, V6 rear medallion).

Now I have no idea what the real SGT-R will look like, but I guarantee you it won't look like that.

......Other than the striping and hood scoop, it looks like a SGT to me.

It is not a Shelby GT either. The rear fascia, hood and fender badges are wrong. Some other things are wrong too but I could see those being modified or painted.

Somebody has been ebay and or Tony Branda shopping. Stripes, hood sccop, powered by Ford emblems, etc are all wrong. Doesn't appear they even started with a GT Mustang.

Just a little reminder. When anyone comes across cars like this try to get the vin number. It's much easier to find out the real story with the vin but also a notation can be made in the registry files.

Steve

Disclaimer: I took these with my phone. I'm up in SLC for the Miller Mustang School and there's a LeMon's race here today. I stopped by the track and went for a stroll around the paddock and pits. I found this car sitting in the paddock. No clue if it's real, looks like a real Shelby (doubtful on the GT-R) to me. The airbag cover was signed by Carroll, I couldn't read who else had signed it.

Not a real Shelby. Wrong "Powered by Ford" emblems, wrong bumpers, wrong grill, etc. Still nice car - but not as nice as mine... :drool:

31205040007_large.jpg

Also, that is clearly a street car. The Titus car starts as a non vin numbered body which starts as a caged race car from Ford before Shelby ever even gets it, so that is also a clear clue.

Archived