TEAM SHELBY FORUM

2008 KR

I still know where a few of these are sitting in MI on dealer show rooms. With the 2010 coming out it's going to kill the price even more on the KR for a few more years

nice to see you back Rodney, hope all is well. wait to see what happens if Ford starts closing dealerships like the other 2

I'm sorry (or happy, depending) to say they'll be at $60K before too long and perhaps that will make them quite a deal. At that point you can make the equal of any SuperSnake by adding a supercharger of your choice for less money. Remember, they chose 18" wheels for the KR because it allowed the best handeling. I think the 20" LOOK better but I'll take the performance over look, not the best choice for everyone though. I'm still happy I bought mine for $74K from a dealer that saw the writing on the wall and allowed me to enjoy it for the past 5 months. The down side of the KR, if you call it that, is the tires are SO sticky, they pick up EVERY rock and piece of debris on the road, even cold, and pelt the cars wheel wells with them.

I'm sorry (or happy, depending) to say they be at $60K before too long and perhaps that will make them quite a deal. At that point you can make the equal of any SuperSnake by adding a supercharger of your choice for less money. Remember, they chose 18" wheels for the KR because it allowed the best handeling. I think the 20" LOOK better but I'll take the performance over look, not the best choice for everyone though. I'm still happy I bought mine for $74K from a dealer that saw the writing on the wall and allowed me to enjoy it for the past 5 months. The down side of the KR, if you call it that, is the tires are SO sticky, they pick up EVERY rock and piece of debris on the road, even cold, and pelt the cars wheel wells with them.

just a thought

http://jaegerbrothersauto.com/auto-parts/2...%20Set_108.html

The down side of the KR, if you call it that, is the tires are SO sticky, they pick up EVERY rock and piece of debris on the road, even cold, and pelt the cars wheel wells with them.

This is so very true. Good remark!

• 2 weeks later...

Not all your criteria are there but here you go:

http://www.teamshelby.com/forums/index.php...black&st=20

All the black cars came with: Black exterior, Black stripe, Black interior. The only numbers you'll need to find is the Nav. Vs. Shaker 1000. Now I wish I had the Nav., the Shaker 1000 is simply a trunk space stealing waste, that doesn't even sound good, IMAO.

Not all your criteria are there but here you go:

http://www.teamshelby.com/forums/index.php...black&st=20

All the black cars came with: Black exterior, Black stripe, Black interior. The only numbers you'll need to find is the Nav. Vs. Shaker 1000. Now I wish I had the Nav., the Shaker 1000 is simply a trunk space stealing waste, that doesn't even sound good, IMAO.

Put a couple boxes of Dynamat in the trunk. You'll change your tune.

Put a couple boxes of Dynamat in the trunk. You'll change your tune.

I had the shaker 1000 in my 07' and I went with the shkr 500 in my KR, the 1000 is much, much better, the 500 sounds like pure shit,almost think it is defective it sounds so bad, worst new stero I have ever heard.

I so wish I got the 1000 on my KR.

I know it needs the Dynamat but the bass unit doesn't make the sound to my liking, when I hear a kick-drum, it should sound like one, this thing cannot do that. I was into rather high end stuff for many years making my own tuned enclosures for both home and car, I'm just too picky I guess. I'd rather hear the engine than the mushy bass coming out of that thing. The front speakers aren't to my liking either but I'll just use it for talk radio, where it doesn't matter much. If you like the sound, that is GREAT!

I know it needs the Dynamat but the bass unit doesn't make the sound to my liking, when I hear a kick-drum, it should sound like one, this thing cannot do that. I was into rather high end stuff for many years making my own tuned enclosures for both home and car, I'm just too picky I guess. I'd rather hear the engine than the mushy bass coming out of that thing. The front speakers aren't to my liking either but I'll just use it for talk radio, where it doesn't matter much. If you like the sound, that is GREAT!

upgrade to the Shelby/Kicker system

http://www.shelbyperformanceparts.com/Show...-%20Shaker.aspx

I had the shaker 1000 in my 07' and I went with the shkr 500 in my KR, the 1000 is much, much better, the 500 sounds like pure shit,almost think it is defective it sounds so bad, worst new stero I have ever heard.

I so wish I got the 1000 on my KR.

If as you say the 500 over the 1000 is that much better I guess I will probably start looking at the kicker stereo upgrade. I find the 500 sounds good right now so I would think that the kicker should be wicked :dance:

• 3 weeks later...

Archived