TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Painted Stripes

alyupe11

This topic has been explored before and a number of members have done it. Most have stayed with what I will call the SGT color, silver. While I understand the desire to have blue stripes on a white car, given the history of the GT350, it would not be true to the SGT history (it certainly is my favorite color combination). In terms of photos and some idea of what is involved, try this thread:

http://www.teamshelby.com/forums/index.php...&hl=painted

Jim

If you go the painted route (which I am) the Satin Silver Paint code is M7049A Sherwin Williams #63454

The Font for the SHELBY GT lettering is Myraid Pro Bold Italic 163 pt. (this is a standard Adobe font)

Mine has been at the body shop since I don't know when, hopefully it will be done this week and I will be posting photos.

Also had the Chip Beck hood scoop installed with a hole cut in the hood (that is what prompted the stripe painting)

Good luck in what ever you do

Andrew

If you go the painted route (which I am) the Satin Silver Paint code is M7049A Sherwin Williams #63454

The Font for the SHELBY GT lettering is Myraid Pro Bold Italic 163 pt. (this is a standard Adobe font)

Thanks for this! I'm getting mine painted too. That is, as soon as I can locate a shop that can do the work without $#&@ing it up.

Thanks for this! I'm getting mine painted too. That is, as soon as I can locate a shop that can do the work without $#&@ing it up.

My pleasure, we did a pencil rubbing of the SHELBY GT on the vinyl stripes first just to make sure we got the size right and then got the lettering done at a local Fast Signs.

Good luck in finding a shop, I had waited 2 months at the first shop and then they chicken out..( I guess that is good) and then waited 2 more months at the next shop and then they took it in and waited 2 months to get started ?!?!? and now it is in the final leg. We also removed everything that we could (windshield fluid nozzles, Sirius antenna, faux gas cap) so the stripes would be under everything instead of around the.

Take Care,

Andrew

We also removed everything that we could (windshield fluid nozzles, Sirius antenna, faux gas cap) so the stripes would be under everything instead of around the.

I guess not but would hope this would be standard pratice at the good body/paint shops. Now you if get the $200 Maaco job I wouldnt expect that. But then if somone takes a SGT to Maaco for a paint job they would need a mental eval.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived