TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Shelby Durango On The Cheap End, Very Cheap

There is a Shelby Durango on ebay right now that may go cheap. Currently its at $172 with NO reserve.

It has a salvaged title but looks ok in the pics. I'm not in the market for one of these but the parts alone are worth several grand, hmmm I might even throw a bid at it if it stays this ridiculously low.

Steve

Shelby Durango #115

I'm definitely dropping a note to this guy. Olivehurst is only about a 1/2 hour drive from where I work.

What are the issues with getting tags for a salvage in CA anyway?

Ken

If the owner has already registered it, then there is no difference. The first time a salvage vehicle in Ca is placed back on the road, it requires a brake and light inspection. Again, if the owner already went through this, then it becomes like any other car to register there after.

Yup like GLHS0136 said if its already been registered after the salvage title you're good to go. If it hasn't been registered its the B&L inspection followed by a trip to the CHP or DMV to sign off on it.

Also some insurance companies wont fully insure a salvaged vehicle. They might want to inspect the vehicle also.

It's not really a big deal. Only a few hoops.

Steve

It's already at $800. I've got a feeling that this won't be such a hot deal after all. Bummer

Ken

Auction ended at $10,590

Strange how the seller doesn't mention the reason for the salvaged title and there are no questions from the bidders about it. Did all the bidders miss that detail?

Might be a good buy depending on the reason for the salvaged title.

Steve

Archived