TEAM SHELBY FORUM

It's Official 07SS0257 Has a New Home in FL

I have to thank everyone on this forum as well as Bud at SAI for answering questions and confirming information on the SS package. I have to also thank Jim at Intercity for arranging to pick up the car in NJ with less than 24 hours notice and then delivering the car to FL within 72 hours. A trully professional group of people and a company I would highly recommend if you need to move a car.

With prices dropping on the 08 and 09 GT500's and a number of low mileage 07's hitting the market at reasonable prices, I was contemplating buying a GT500 and sending it to SAI for conversion when a friend put me in touch with the owner of 07SS0257. The car is a Vista Blue SS fitted with the 725 HP KB polished supercharger, Eibach suspension and quarter window scoops. The package was ordered 10/1/2007. The car was delivered to SAI in April, 2008 and delivered back to the owner in August, 2008.

The previous owner put 7630 miles on the car as a GT500 (he took delivery of the car in December, 2006) and then an additional 1000 miles on it after the conversion. Unfortunatly health and financial issues forced him to reluctantly sell the car. In general the car is in great shape, one minor paint blemish on the front bumper due to road debris and a couple of punch list items that my dealer took care of when the car arrived in FL. But beyond that the car appears to be in great shape. The previous owner kept meticulous records and turned over all of the documents.

The deal took more than a month to finalize as the owner did not have the title in hand and could not pay off the lien without my money. Not an easy situation to resolve. In the end it was a leap of faith, I gave him the money and he gave me the car and I waited for the title (and prayed). Well, I got the title this past week so it just goes to show that faith is a good thing.....

So, now I have a pretty interesting garage..on one side an '07 Vista Blue Super Snake and on the other an '07 Performance White GT 500 with the 427 package (#142 of 427). I also have a very understanding wife......

Again..thanks for everyone's input over the past few weeks and I'm sure I'll be posting a number of other questions as I get more involved with the car....

GT

I have to thank everyone on this forum as well as Bud at SAI for answering questions and confirming information on the SS package. I have to also thank Jim at Intercity for arranging to pick up the car in NJ with less than 24 hours notice and then delivering the car to FL within 72 hours. A trully professional group of people and a company I would highly recommend if you need to move a car.

With prices dropping on the 08 and 09 GT500's and a number of low mileage 07's hitting the market at reasonable prices, I was contemplating buying a GT500 and sending it to SAI for conversion when a friend put me in touch with the owner of 07SS0257. The car is a Vista Blue SS fitted with the 725 HP KB polished supercharger, Eibach suspension and quarter window scoops. The package was ordered 10/1/2007. The car was delivered to SAI in April, 2008 and delivered back to the owner in August, 2008.

The previous owner put 7630 miles on the car as a GT500 (he took delivery of the car in December, 2006) and then an additional 1000 miles on it after the conversion. Unfortunatly health and financial issues forced him to reluctantly sell the car. In general the car is in great shape, one minor paint blemish on the front bumper due to road debris and a couple of punch list items that my dealer took care of when the car arrived in FL. But beyond that the car appears to be in great shape. The previous owner kept meticulous records and turned over all of the documents.

The deal took more than a month to finalize as the owner did not have the title in hand and could not pay off the lien without my money. Not an easy situation to resolve. In the end it was a leap of faith, I gave him the money and he gave me the car and I waited for the title (and prayed). Well, I got the title this past week so it just goes to show that faith is a good thing.....

So, now I have a pretty interesting garage..on one side an '07 Vista Blue Super Snake and on the other an '07 Performance White GT 500 with the 427 package (#142 of 427). I also have a very understanding wife......

Again..thanks for everyone's input over the past few weeks and I'm sure I'll be posting a number of other questions as I get more involved with the car....

GT

Congratulations my Friend enjoy those two beautiful cars. As well as you I feel for the original owner. Do you let your wife drive the 07? I have not as yet let my wife drive my 09...............Dont know if I will either!! LOL

Congratulations my Friend enjoy those two beautiful cars. As well as you I feel for the original owner. Do you let your wife drive the 07? I have not as yet let my wife drive my 09...............Dont know if I will either!! LOL

Haven't let the wife drive the '07 yet. She can drive stick (before kids she owned a '94 & '96 manual Convertible GT) but she's been a little leary of the '07. I figure she should learn to drive it before I have the TSB done on the clutch....LOL.

Here's some pics of the SS on its first day in FL.....

2008-05May050.jpg

2008-05May085.jpg

2008-05May093.jpg

2008-05May108.jpg

It is a blessing to have an understanding wife. It's even better if she wants to drive it! My wife won't have anything to do with my SS. Got me so frustrated one day, I went out and bought a Cobra kit car with a 408 stroker. She hasn't talked to me in quite a while!

Archived