TEAM SHELBY FORUM

pics of my anderson powerpipe

Questions, what part number did you order and did you have to retune the computer? I'm looking to replace the stock setup just like you did.

i've always wondered but never have asked before, what is that small filter for exactly?

its part of the breather set up (pcv) with the stock set up all the oily gases from the motor are vented into the intake (this is what causes the oil in it that people are seeing). this set up runs it like they did before the air police tried to kill performance cars the first time around it vents the gases into the air the filter keeps oil in and dirt out.

its part of the breather set up (pcv) with the stock set up all the oily gases from the motor are vented into the intake (this is what causes the oil in it that people are seeing). this set up runs it like they did before the air police tried to kill performance cars the first time around it vents the gases into the air the filter keeps oil in and dirt out.

Hey, I installed that also makes a nice growl under the hood. But be ready to fend off the Mod bashers, I'm sure they want dyno #'s and proof of worthyness before adding it to there mod list. I would get a dictionary to be safe like, I did!! :happy feet:

Make sure that rubber inlet to throttle body is on tight and keep checking all connections for awhile mine came loose a couple of times gave me a shaky idle.

Anything that gets rid of the s-bend in the stock tube! It's mainly a matter of taste/preference, I doubt I gained anything horsepower wise by adding a Steeda elbow, but it sure looks better!

That install looks great and Racer is correct, keep an eye on the connections as sometimes they will come loose due to engine movement.

Sam

AKA:

Anything that gets rid of the s-bend in the stock tube! It's mainly a matter of taste/preference, I doubt I gained anything horsepower wise by adding a Steeda elbow, but it sure looks better!

That install looks great and Racer is correct, keep an eye on the connections as sometimes they will come loose due to engine movement.

Sam

AKA:

i will keep an eye on the conections guys thanks. i did notice that it sits slightly crooked so i might try and fix that. they show marked horsepower gains on there page but we know how that goes. it did make a difference in throttle response but as far as HP gains i put it on over the winter so after 6 months of it sitting up i dont know.

Looks great. You will be happy with it. I swear the idle on the car got deeper when I changed mine out. I replaced mine on looks alone.

I had mine for a while now and I have had zero issues with it. Anderson builds some good parts and AWESOME cams. On the plus side they are local for me. Enjoy the car.

i will keep an eye on the conections guys thanks. i did notice that it sits slightly crooked so i might try and fix that. they show marked horsepower gains on there page but we know how that goes. it did make a difference in throttle response but as far as HP gains i put it on over the winter so after 6 months of it sitting up i dont know.

Hey greaser, I tryed like hell to get it straight but no luck !! maybe you'll get

Archived