TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Help me decide on my 2010 GT500 color

Guys,

I ordered a 2010 GT500 in Grabber Blue with white stripes, but am having 2nd thoughts on my color choice. I don't think that it's too late to change my mind. My other choices were Kona blue or Torch Red...

What do you think:

1.) Keep Grabber order

2.) Change to Kona Blue with white stripes

3.) Change to Torch Red with white stripes.

Also, does anyone know if you can get the saddle brown interior on the GT500?

Guys,

I ordered a 2010 GT500 in Grabber Blue with white stripes, but am having 2nd thoughts on my color choice. I don't think that it's too late to change my mind. My other choices were Kona blue or Torch Red...

What do you think:

1.) Keep Grabber order

Go with KONA Blue White Stripes...best color

I orderd Sterling Grey Metallic with Satin Silver Stripe But I like the Kona Blue with Satin Silver Stripe also.

Go with black and silver stripes. REMEMBER THE WHITE SEATS WILL SHOW DIRT EASILY WITH AGE. !

All those colors are great...'cause it's the car that makes it special not necessarily the color. If I were going with grabber blue I would of rocked the red stripes. I don't know if this helps or not, but I would recommend going with your first choice and sticking with that...it does have some history.

Guys,

What do you think:

1.) Keep Grabber order

I like the Kona Blue , but really is your choice .

Guys,

What do you think:

1.) Keep Grabber order

Hey, Go to your Friendly Ford Lot and look at some of the colors and make a decision. What other people think is just that what they think. You are the one who will have to look at it day after day so pick your favorite color and rock on. Brown interior definitley not, not available.

Cobra09

PS I am from the OLD school, I ordered Grabber Blue with White Stripes.

Cobra09

Go with the Kona. As fun as the Grabber color is, it is one that I think you could easily get tired of over the long haul. Some things are just better left vintage...grabber (on a Boss Mustang or Eliminator Cougar) is one of them..in my humble opinion...

Go with the Kona. As fun as the Grabber color is, it is one that I think you could easily get tired of over the long haul. Some things are just better left vintage...grabber (on a Boss Mustang or Eliminator Cougar) is one of them..in my humble opinion...

Thanks, this is what I was thinking too. I used to have a 90LX 5.0 in Twighlight Blue that was a very nice color. Harder to keep clean, but more brilliant looking as opposed to lighter colors.

I feel you on this, I too ordered grabber blue but then had some serious doubts and almost changed my mind about 100 times, but after seeing grabber blue in person the other day I know I made the right choice. I loved the kona blue color like everyone else suggests until I realized its the same color that can be found on new mazda 6's and probably other Ford related vehicles so I wanted something that was different.

Agree that the best thing you can do is go to a nearby Ford dealer and look at one of their V6 or GT models in Grabber Blue. It is hard to go wrong with any of these colors. It is ultimately a matter of personal preference. I, for one, think Grabber Blue is OK to look at, but I would not want it on my car. As classic as I know it is, I just can't get past the fact that it's basically powder blue.

Guys,

What do you think:

1.) Keep Grabber order

No doubt you will get at least one response from everyone here! I liked the silver with blue stripes, until I saw this color combination. Torch Red, silver stripes and charcoal interior. I still get lots of compliments on this color combination.

P4220583.jpgP4220584.jpg

No doubt you will get at least one response from everyone here! I liked the silver with blue stripes, until I saw this color combination. Torch Red, silver stripes and charcoal interior. I still get lots of compliments on this color combination.

P4220583.jpgP4220584.jpg

No doubt that is a great looking Car. I have a Satin Silver 05 GT with the red accent leather Package.It was hard for me to decide between the red/silver and the one I ordered.

No doubt that is a great looking Car. I have a Satin Silver 05 GT with the red accent leather Package.It was hard for me to decide between the red/silver and the one I ordered.

I saw a 'stang with the red accent leather package at a show last weekend. That would have been icing on the cake for me!

Thanks guys... I emailed my dealer with a change to Torch Red, but now thinking to nix that and go back to Grabber Blue. All of your points are compelling, escpecially the one about blending in. I do want something different.

I wish I had this problem.... :doh:

Kona blue with white, saw one @ Birmingham and it was HOT!! I have seen the GT in grabber and i think it needs to stay in the 70's. The dark silver looks great also, Sterling grey i think.

P4220583.jpgP4220584.jpg

Thanks for posting the pics--thats what i ordered, torch red with silver.I really liked the Kona blue as well,but my last 3 cars have been blue,and i figure its time for red.As for the white seat issue,ive had white/parchment seats in several cars--just keep them clean and use a leather condition/cleaner often.If youre a big guy,like me,you'l wind up wearing out the bolsters first,but since these are black,they should be fine.If you plan on keeping the car a long time, buy an extra drivers seat cover,just the seat,and keepit.If you dont need it, you can sell it for a fortune as an NOS part in 10years. I just did that on my 1999 Daytona Pace car that i just sold.Worst case,put a towel on your seat.

Just remember red Shelby's are jail bait. Cops can spot them from the space station and they DO. Be carefull cause they really are cop magnets.

Thanks all... Went back to Grabber Blue! At least in my mind. My dealer never made any changes, so status quo with my order.

I tried to see it in person, but no CT dealers have any Grabber Blues, not even in a V6. It will be a leap of faith from pictures.

The Kona Blue is very nice too, but I think that the Grabber will be more unique. I would have gone for the Grabber Oranage if offered.

And now I don't have to change my user name too.

Thanks for your inputs.

Thanks all... Went back to Grabber Blue! At least in my mind. My dealer never made any changes, so status quo with my order.

I tried to see it in person, but no CT dealers have any Grabber Blues, not even in a V6. It will be a leap of faith from pictures.

The Kona Blue is very nice too, but I think that the Grabber will be more unique. I would have gone for the Grabber Oranage if offered.

And now I don't have to change my user name too.

Thanks for your inputs.

I'm glad that you went back to the Grabber blue. I ordered the grabber blue with the torch red stripes.

Archived