TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Nancy Pelosi............gullable or idiot?

"I though that waterboarding meant that they were taking the Gitmo prisoners surfing"!

This is just my little joke, and not part of the article. :hysterical:

She should resign, she can't even buck up and admit it, instead............it's the blame game again, and since Bush isn't around............let's blame the CIA! :poke:

Read on................ :lurk:

WASHINGTON - Under strong attack from Republicans, House Speaker Nancy Pelosi accused the CIA and Bush administration of misleading her about waterboarding detainees in the war on terror and sharply rebutted claims she was complicit in the method's use.

"To the contrary ... we were told explicitly that waterboarding was not being used," she told reporters, referring to a formal CIA briefing she received in the fall of 2002.

Pelosi said she subsequently learned that other lawmakers were told several months later by the CIA about the use of waterboarding.

"I wasn't briefed, I was informed that somebody else had been briefed about it," she said.

The House's top Democrat made her comments at a news conference where she was peppered with questions about her knowledge of a technique she and others have called torture. Republicans have insisted in recent weeks that Pelosi and other Democrats knew waterboarding was in use but made no attempt to protest.

Pelosi's comments Thursday were her most pointed yet on the topic of what she learned about waterboarding.

CIA's view

In a written response issued moments after Pelosi spoke, an official at the CIA neither disputed nor accepted the California Democrat's statements.

Instead, George Little, head of the CIA office of public affairs, said it would be up to Congress to determine whether notes made by agency personnel at the time they briefed lawmakers were accurate. He said the notes could be made available at the CIA "for staff review."

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Since BJ Clinton and B. Hussein Osama lie so easily, she thought she'd give it a try. She's not even in the same league as them. Her story changes daily. Which reminds me of a joke I heard recently:

You think you're having a bad day? Just imagine that somewhere there is a MR. Pelosi!

:eek5:

Since BJ Clinton and B. Hussein Osama lie so easily, she thought she'd give it a try. She's not even in the same league as them. Her story changes daily. Which reminds me of a joke I heard recently:

You think you're having a bad day? Just imagine that somewhere there is a MR. Pelosi!

:eek5:

Good joke!

I will echo the sentiments expressed here.... she is a bad liability for the democrats.

She is an idiot and needs to be replaced...Can you imagine if BO and Biden both become incapacitated and she is next in line??? What kind of line of succession do we have here???

They wont replace her........if they do, the Dems would have to admit that they made a Mistake giving her that job.

Boy. How to put this delicately without offending anyone. For an individual such as her to hold an honorable title like she does is just another example of what is wrong in Washington. She is very powerfull. Supposidly well educated but when you get right down to it she is an ignorant individual who does not contribute to the well being of this country. There's my white collar view. My blue collar view is she's an old C...

She's generally both, but in this case she's lying her ass off! Speakers have been replaced for less, and I think a great move on the part of Democrats would be to get her out and replace her with a moderate Democrat. That would allay a lot of fears/concerns of many people.

Thank you Miss Pelosi we R so much safer. Stabbing the CIA in the back.Now there hands R tied in fear of that this Administration could and would file criminal charges against them. Even the fear that a foreign country could try some of the CIA OR even some military people. Must see video. Check it out what Sen Kit Bond has to say about this.

http://video.newsmax.com/?bcpid=2097246000...omo_code=7FD8-1

Did you notice when she gives a speech there are numerous American flags behind her. Whenever the news media shows her we are to believe she is a true patriotic American.

Doesn't matter how many flags they put behind her now. She is a black eye to the Democratic party and I have the feeling she will be asked to step down. It's about time because she has absolutley nothing positive to add to the prosperity of this country. She should also lose any and all benefits she would have received if she had retired.

Good luck, Nancy and don't let the door hit you in the a$$!!

She doesn't need to be waterboarded. She should be asked to step down as an obvious embarrassment to the Democratic party. Keep in mind the messages that have been sent out from the White House. Terms such as "accountability" and "the buck stops here." This is hypocriscy at it's finest.

KC, you know of my oil rant regarding Ms. Pelosi. You asked me to get over it. The price wasn't the issue. I never did explain about that. The country was suffering from high oil prices last July. The writing was on the wall for where the economy was heading. Obama was saying in his campaign speeches about how both parties were to reach across the aisle and work together. Ms. Pelosi's refusal to try and alleviate some of the burden on the people of this country during that crisis is one of the major reasons why I don't care for her. I strongly feel it was a political ploy to keep the economy down before the elections. That is the reason why I have such an issue with this so called leader. She should have stepped up and done whatever was necessary to serve the people of this country regardless of political indifferences. That didn't happen, did it? Correct me if I'm wrong but don't you feel an individual like this is a burden to the Democratic party and what they are suppose to stand for?

The final analysis is simple. Let's get someone in that position who will serve this country and do what is right. I will accept a middle of the road Democrat just as long as the B.S. comes to an end and the political bickering is put to rest. Comments anyone??

M

Just curious.................Just how would they go about Replacing Her? What would it take?

Call Bret Michaels. He has a bunch of rejects from his "Rock of Love Bus" show. They are all as dumb as a box of doorknobs and have had plenty of plastic surgery. Any one of them would transition into the position nicely.

Archived