TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Interior Upgrade...

Has anyone had the interior upgraded in their Shelby GT yet? If so what is your opinions over all of the package? Is the leather stretched tight enough and do the new foam supports give you "more of" a cock-pit feeling? Is the leather perferation a quality product?

Lastly, would you do it again?

Thanks for the answers.

Swede, I chose a differnt route, I had Katzkin do me some new seats, my sgt is in the shop now being installed as I didnt like the look of those disney seats, They looked OK, but I didnt like the way the leather finished out, katzkin quality of leather is umatched by no one, I had the gray stripe put in the middle with my own logo that I wanted, I also had the center piece perforated and the gray stiching, pictures soon, Rick

http://www.katzkin.com/main.html

Has anyone had the interior upgraded in their Shelby GT yet? If so what is your opinions over all of the package? Is the leather stretched tight enough and do the new foam supports give you "more of" a cock-pit feeling? Is the leather perferation a quality product?

Lastly, would you do it again?

Thanks for the answers.

Swed-man your making my head stop spinning, If you want to see my cock-pit drive on over my seats are as tight as rawhide glove!!!!! :hysterical: :jackinbox:

I owned a shop for 8 years in the 90's. Among other things we did interiors. Both custom and leather upgrade kits. We were a Katzkin and Classic Soft Trim dealer.

From the pictures I have seen of the interior upgrade, the fact that the seams are not tightly sewn concerns me. Anytime you have gather like that in seating area, there is potential for premature wear.

In all the pre-sewn kits we installed, I never saw seams finished like the ones pictured.

I agree the poor fit and finish are very noticeable. The GT500 that had the interior upgrade installed had massive wrinkles in the seats and I hate to say this but it did not look very "Shelby" like quality. If he was going to tighten those seams up and dial in the rest of it I'd really like to see a finished picture.

Swed-man your making my head stop spinning, If you want to see my cock-pit drive on over my seats are as tight as rawhide glove!!!!! :hysterical: :jackinbox:

When did you get the NEW LEATHER upgrade package offered through SAI? The cost is $2,000 and $169 for the arm rest plus there is 10% dsicount coupon code that is being offered now. Then there is the cost of installation, which does anybody know what a typical installation should cost?

Can someone post pictures of the loose stitching I haven't seen that yet?

From what Sharon and others said the leather will be nice and tight with time. Cobrafan seems to be happy with his set.

I have seen the shelby seats in person, they looked nice, If you like them buy them, I just didnt like the lay out and material, To each his own, I did my seats the way I wanted them, A GT500 was getting these katzkin's installed at this person's shop and I was sold on them, My first contact with this shop was at the local Lexus dealer, they were installing a set in a lexus and they looked great, Rick

I wouldn't follow his tip I would get the Shelby Interior upgrade package. Every person that has had them installed is more than pleased plus they are specific to what your car is which is really cool.

I wouldn't follow his tip I would get the Shelby Interior upgrade package. Every person that has had them installed is more than pleased plus they are specific to what your car is which is really cool.

Who has them installed? Will they post pictures of the Shelby GT interior? I have to see it!

One very sweet surpise when you order is that installation is included in the cost of the kit. They will find a authorized install center in your area to install these. I thought I would have to pay for installation when I bought my set on Friday and was very happy to hear Gary Disney tell me that installation is included.

We have not had any complaints at this time.

Installation is included.

The Shelby seats have a 3 year warranty.

They are also included in the Shelby registry.

Pictures? Show us completed Shelby GT pictures with the upgraded upholstery

Pictures? Show us completed Shelby GT pictures with the upgraded upholstery

You need just a little patience. I will post mine Tuesday as my appointment is at 9:00 am. Shop said 2 hours. Should be able to take pictures and post while a team works on my rain gutters.

I got my call out of the blue yesterday and they would not consider anything before 9:00 am. I delayed Gary as I was looking if I could talk my wife into a SC while at Shelby tour. SC is not out totally, most likely significantly delayed due to work force reduction at my work. I was missed but, signs of recovery are in the same class as SGT leather coats.

DrKSGT

Let me be clear. I have not heard of "anyone" in particular saying they do not like the interior upgrade. I said " I saw the seats in GT500 FLYBOY's car and they appeared wrinkled in the seats and along the ridge up along the top of the side/front lumbar supports. I personally love the way they look, I am just asking for pic's to document the quality of this particular mod.

Swede

PS: If the seats are coming this way then a quality control fix is probably under way. Gary D. is a quality person and has quality products and if there are any issues I am sure he'll take care of it ASAP.

Let me be clear. I have not heard of "anyone" in particular saying they do not like the interior upgrade. I said " I saw the seats in GT500 FLYBOY's car and they appeared wrinkled in the seats and along the ridge up along the top of the side/front lumbar supports. I personally love the way they look, I am just asking for pic's to document the quality of this particular mod.

Swede

But...what if there is a wrinkle or bad seam just outside the view of the camera lense... :lurk:

Archived