TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Absolutely awesome video of the 2010 GT500

Whammer

I still can't decide if I like this car...so many cool things, so many things I really don't like.

I know what you mean, I still can't decide if I like Victoria Secrets models in 2006 or 2009....JFC!!! what is not to like on this car. You will always find a new/better girlfriend when you already have one. It sucks, that's the cruel way of the world!

what is not to like on this car.

Well, lets see...the entire back end of the car, the big ugly hood, that goofy looking rear mounted antenna, the lack of blower whine....that's just a few of the things. But again, the interior, the exhaust, the wheels, the front end (except for the hood) and several other things are very, very cool.

And to keep your analogy going (which is a very good one), I am married to the two that I have, (he he I guess that makes me a polygamist), and even though I am, I still want there to continue be more and better hot chicks. Even though I don't want to trade mine for a newer model, I want them to always keep getting better and better, for the benefit of Ford, Shelby and the Automotive world. I was just sayin that I wasn't sure if I liked it yet. I am sure it will grow on me, but I knew the moment I laid eyes on the '07 that I HAD to have one (or two).

That rear is so not a Mustang style.

You know? It did look like they had LED's in the back though, that's a nice touch.

That was a good video. Garage419 had fun with the '07-'09 body style, too.

I would miss the s/c whine too. I am not going to lie - the 2010 is starting to grow on me, but nonetheless, I think I am more satisfied with the first-take '07-'09. The exhaust is nicer... the wheels, to me are nice...

Thanks for posting! That's a nice video. I agree with most about the lack of supercharger whine being a negative. The Ford CAI used in the 2010 has some kind of device that cancel for the most part the supercharger whine. Here is an article that I found that discuss the issue.

http://www.examiner.com/x-572-Auto-Review-...e-Shelby-People

Based on that, I believe that changing the stock CAI of an aftermarket one would likely cure the problem. Since many (most) owners of 07-09 GT500s ended up switching to an aftermarket CAI anyway, this may not be such a big issue after all.

Wow that was some burnout on at the end. With a stock car I'm wonder what they did to get rid of the wheel hop that plagues the 07-09's. Any input on what the suspension differences are on the 2010.
One huge thing they mention in this video is the new clutch system is this car- it took three years to get rid of this piece of shit they had 07- 09-- I am very greatful the old system has been replaced- it has plagued us for to long- thank you Ford - I bet it works-

One huge thing they mention in this video is the new clutch system is this car- it took three years to get rid of this piece of shit they had 07- 09-- I am very greatful the old system has been replaced- it has plagued us for to long- thank you Ford - I bet it works-

I would like to think so, and I am sure it is better. However, I did catch the below remark from Autoweek.

http://www.autoweek.com/article/20090406/C...VIEWS/904069997

However, by the time it was our turn on the drag strip, each car had suffered multiple hard launches and the clutches and 1-2 gear synchros were fried. The best we could get was low 13s in the quarter-mile at about 106 mph. Those who had fresher cars (and more talent) were in the 12s easily.

Maybe the clutch will be the weak point in this car again- I hope not- I know it is the single most thing that I do not like about the car- not alone on the issue either- one tsb and one clutch- my oasis report would scare any buyer that's for sure- Up until tha last clutch I was pretty agressive but now I am a little discouraged so I drive my other cars a lot more- next clutch will be something aftermarket unless ford steps up to the plate- still going to watch the results on the new 2010 system and hope for the best. There has to be something out there that can stay alive in this car- if you know anyone who has tried another system and is happy let me know. I saw the parts bill on my last clutch and it was over 2000.00 at fords cost- yikes! I did not buy my car for a cruiser and do not street race so I like to open it up at the strip. Just having this car as a driver does not fit my needs and four thousand dollar clutch replacements does not fit my budget- I am kind of like on the do not fly list that airlines have only I am sure ford calls it something else- the dealer here has not dumped me but I bet if I come in again he will have to go to ford and I can understand that so if I get the red flag I will be on the market for a better system - in fact I am now. This is a four thousand mile 07. As Clint Eastwood said in Gran Torino Grrrrrr!

However, by the time it was our turn on the drag strip, each car had suffered multiple hard launches and the clutches and 1-2 gear synchros were fried. The best we could get was low 13s in the quarter-mile at about 106 mph. Those who had fresher cars (and more talent) were in the 12s easily.

Very interesting....the story continues.

Very interesting....the story continues.

That is a poor sign- Not so good- Do our cars have to much horsepower to weight for anyone to make a clutch that can live with hard driving- The clutch has to hold all that power and push 3900 pounds of weight. Is it possible that a clutch could be built by ford that would hold all the power but be unsellable because of price and stiffness along with other issues average consumers would not enjoy. In other words would it take a full blown race clutch to play hardball with this car.

Archived