TEAM SHELBY FORUM

JLT Performance - Ram Air

It seems that JLT stole my idea they just took the brake cooling hose and ran it up to the CAI box, I'm going to sue them !!!! Anyone know of a good Jewish lawyer !!! I could have been rich and give it to my beautiful wife :finger:

I can't wait to tell them it wont work !!

JTL Website

Bring cool outside air to your JLT CAI filter system on your GT500 with this new Fresh Air Kit. Behind the lower grille on all GT500’s, Ford put provisions for the future install of a brake cooling kit. Simply drill out the grille from the back side and clamp on some duct work. Cooling the brakes for road coarse racing is great, but most GT500 owners will never need it, so why not get the cool look of the KR500 or a road racer, but add cool air to your filter instead?

Early testing showed a drop in IAT's by 1-2 degrees. We also have foam plugs that you can stick in the bezels in case you get caught in the rain. Simply stick them in and they will stay put until you want to pull them out again.

Our kit is complete with all duct work, clamps, brackets and optional are a pair of billet aluminum grille bezels and foam plugs. Bezels are available in anodized clear (silver) black and polished.

Kit can be ordered without the bezels if you already have them. Please note if you have our grille bezels and we will include the foam plugs at no extra charge.

*NOTE* This kit can be used with any CAI kit, but some cutting may be needed if the filter heat shield covers the bottom hole in fender apron.

Andrew

I had SAI install the lower grill and driving lights when I ordered the car. I have been looking for ducts that would attach to the brake cooling fittings and run fresh, outside air up to the filter. However, I have never been able to find the suitable 3” hoses anywhere locally or on the Internet. Does anyone know where you can get hose material that would fit without buying the brake cooling kit? I never thought about the rain issue but some foam would seem to solve that potential problem. So far my car has never seen rain anyway.

https://www.streetortrack.com/Brake-Duct-Hose-pr-21710.html

I had SAI install the lower grill and driving lights when I ordered the car. I have been looking for ducts that would attach to the brake cooling fittings and run fresh, outside air up to the filter. However, I have never been able to find the suitable 3” hoses anywhere locally or on the Internet. Does anyone know where you can get hose material that would fit without buying the brake cooling kit? I never thought about the rain issue but some foam would seem to solve that potential problem. So far my car has never seen rain anyway.

I had SAI install the lower grill and driving lights when I ordered the car. I have been looking for ducts that would attach to the brake cooling fittings and run fresh, outside air up to the filter. However, I have never been able to find the suitable 3" hoses anywhere locally or on the Internet. Does anyone know where you can get hose material that would fit without buying the brake cooling kit? I never thought about the rain issue but some foam would seem to solve that potential problem. So far my car has never seen rain anyway.

Try a Marine or a place that sells boats , I think they carry 3"

Funny how we do all this stuff w/out knowing whether or not it REALLY works and adds power! Personally, I'd rather stick with the known and proven, like a 550 HP supercharger!!! (which, I can't afford....).... :hysterical:

I bought my hose from auto zone or as my good buddy swedman said shop vaccuum hose which would work and is alot stronger.

So here the question of the day !! Why does it sound like JLT is a hit when my ram air system is a bust to the clan ???

My scoop is about 8inch by 4inches the hose is 4 inch in diameter and my hose is inserted into the inverted cone. So why bash me when I was going to split the money with my fellow brother !!! It would have started with new scoops and painted stripes for everyone. :happy feet: :dance:

I hate to burst anyone's bubble but running a hose from a "cooler" air source to the intake is not new technology and to say someone stole it is a bit absurd. It still does not mean it works.

K&N on my Z-28 actually put the intake outside of the engine bay.

My Avalanche as well as my Titan both draw air from the fender well.

Heck, my tractor has it.

It seems that JLT stole my idea they just took the brake cooling hose and ran it up to the CAI box, I'm going to sue them !!!! Anyone know of a good Jewish lawyer !!! I could have been rich and give it to my beautiful wife :finger:

I can't wait to tell them it wont work !!

You know I admire your tenacity but everything you have suggested so far in your "creative" posts has been done 10,000 times before. I did your "ram-air"idea in my 1997 Cobra by adapting the March Ram Air Kit for a 5.0 L Mustang.......and I did something similar on my 2003 Cobra's by running a hose from the extra fog-light hole in the air-damn up to the filter cone. I also did it in a 2006 Mustang GT I owned.

One other thing......JLT reports a "preliminary result" of 1 to 2 degrees temperture drop. I am calling JLT out on this and really want them to explain exactly in specific detail how they determined that 1 to 2 degree heat drop was due entirely as a result of their device.

That amount of air temperature drop is so small it can be caused from anything at any given moment on any given day. And when you figure in:

1. The obscure size of the air inlet openings

2. The upward path the air has to establish, maintain and follow

3. The significant amount of TURBULENT air vectoring that is occurring under that hood from air coming in through the grill

4. The speeds required (80+ MPH minimum) to even get enough air to get the slightest of air-streams going into a ram device

it all muddies up the "root cause" waters even more. And then to turn around and ask for $109 for something that will produce a BIG FAT ZERO in terms of additional power is just beyond me.

I hate to burst anyone's bubble but running a hose from a "cooler" air source to the intake is not new technology and to say someone stole it is a bit absurd. It still does not mean it works.

Heck, my tractor has it.

Hey man when did you get an Avalanche I love mine...great for work.

Heck, my tractor has it.

Stumpy you must be a real drag at party's !!!! Like some of you other guy's have sense of humor !!! That's why when, I see another shelby at a car show or anywhere 9 out 10 they never say a word to me but they have the balls to check out my car to see if, I out did them. It's like owning a BMW or Mercedes snob city and that includes regular gt also. Maybe someone should tell Amy to take application for their purchase of shelby's and membership's along with I.Q test and salary min and taste of clothing.

That's for the update on multi intake systems out there see what happen's when you don't go to college only tech school !!!! AND GIVE ME A BREAK IT'S MY FIRST CAR EVER !!!! :cry::cry:

You know I admire your tenacity but everything you have suggested so far in your "creative" posts has been done 10,000 times before. I did your "ram-air"idea in my 1997 Cobra by adapting the March Ram Air Kit for a 5.0 L Mustang.......and I did something similar on my 2003 Cobra's by running a hose from the extra fog-light hole in the air-damn up to the filter cone. I also did it in a 2006 Mustang GT I owned.

One other thing......JLT reports a "preliminary result" of 1 to 2 degrees temperture drop. I am calling JLT out on this and really want them to explain exactly in specific detail how they determined that 1 to 2 degree heat drop was due entirely as a result of their device.

That amount of air temperature drop is so small it can be caused from anything at any given moment on any given day. And when you figure in:

1. The obscure size of the air inlet openings

2. The upward path the air has to establish, maintain and follow

3. The significant amount of TURBULENT air vectoring that is occurring under that hood from air coming in through the grill

4. The speeds required (80+ MPH minimum) to even get enough air to get the slightest of air-streams going into a ram device

it all muddies up the "root cause" waters even more. And then to turn around and ask for $109 for something that will produce a BIG FAT ZERO in terms of additional power is just beyond me.

Why sky pancer your making me crazy when you talk with those big words !!! I don't know if your being mean or not!!!! But in my tongue it's called Chill out!! For GOD sakes. So what if does doesn't want's too !! It's a forum and like I said before it gave something to do instead of smoking crack. I have owned and built and raced (illegally sorry) numerous cars in my day and did mods that didn't do a dam thing but when someone doesn't know that who care's . Tell me is there a Santa Clause ???? You call call JLT and they don't care cause it's all about the money and business are hurting for it. If everyone thought like you there would be no Shelby's !! But thank god all the brainy's are on this site it seems!! I alway's thought going to strip bars was a waste of money but now, I'm married and it all makes sense. So get some singles and turn the switch off in your head. I'll send you a 20.00 enjoy. Meanwhile I'll be washing the wife truck :banghead:

.....You call call JLT and they don't care cause it's all about the money and business are hurting for it....

Well please excuse me racer for not being aware that we all have decided to sink lower than low......I guess then its OK for JLT to rip-off a customer's money even though that customer is subject to the very same bad economic conditions, eh? :finger:

Well please excuse me racer for not being aware that we all have decided to sink lower than low......I guess then its OK for JLT to rip-off a customer's money even though that customer is subject to the very same bad economic conditions, eh? :finger:

Think about this are SGT were claimed to have 319hp did it ??? Also remember the arguement about the GT500 claimed 500hp at the wheels.

I still bought mine and so did the rest of us !!!! It's like marriage it's really not what you signed up for just a little stretch of the truth to seal the deal.

Hey man when did you get an Avalanche I love mine...great for work.

Actually I worded that wrong. I had an 03 Avalanche - the first year in arrival blue - and LOVED that truck. I have to say it is the BEST 1/2 ton truck I have ever owned or driven and my wife could get 21-22 mpg in the thing. With that being said, I traded it at 50k miles due to the GM piston slap issue. I did not want to put a new engine in that beast. Now here it is 4 years later and someone local bought the truck so I get to see it every now and then. :doh: That is the ONLY vehicle I ever regret trading. Now they don't make them with the cladding anymore so I'm not as interested. Unlike other's, I liked the cladding.

Think about this are SGT were claimed to have 319hp did it ??? Also remember the arguement about the GT500 claimed 500hp at the wheels.

I still bought mine and so did the rest of us !!!! It's like marriage it's really not what you signed up for just a little stretch of the truth to seal the deal.

Dude you are comparing apples and oranges............a RAM-Air kit is a one-function selling point. A car has many functional selling points of which an engine's HP is only one of those functional selling points. However just to be clear with you any stated HP provided on a spec that will be used as part of its advertising must be stated in BHP which is horsepower at the fly-wheel and NOT AT THE REAR WHEELS. Why? Because BHP is the only number considered to be a baseline, consistent and free of the dynamic variables such as drive-train friction, skin-drag and etc.

The 325 BHP (and the GT500 500HP) figure was reported by Ford as an estimated number during the specing of the design. And as most people don't know the advertising literature usually goes to print before the "actuals" come to light. The 319 HP actual was discovered (from what I understand to be the fact of the matter) so that another "1999 Cobra fiasco" didn't happen again.

Any "wrong" or "invalid" numbers that get printed or stated are almost entirely due to "perception" problems by the magazine manufactureres or the general public such as when some owner cannot fathom stating a HP number that has the potential as being perceived by those he talks to as being on the "weak-side" of the numbers...so he decides to MIS-state the BHP number as the rear-wheel number to save his ego-maniacal face.

Dude you are comparing apples and oranges............a RAM-Air kit is a one-function selling point. A car has many functional selling points of which an engine's HP is only one of those functional selling points. However just to be clear with you any stated HP provided on a spec that will be used as part of its advertising must be stated in BHP which is horsepower at the fly-wheel and NOT AT THE REAR WHEELS. Why? Because BHP is the only number considered to be a baseline, consistent and free of the dynamic variables such as drive-train friction, skin-drag and etc.

The 325 BHP (and the GT500 500HP) figure was reported by Ford as an estimated number during the specing of the design. And as most people don't know the advertising literature usually goes to print before the "actuals" come to light. The 319 HP actual was discovered (from what I understand to be the fact of the matter) so that another "1999 Cobra fiasco" didn't happen again.

Any "wrong" or "invalid" numbers that get printed or stated are almost entirely due to "perception" problems by the magazine manufactureres or the general public such as when some owner cannot fathom stating a HP number that has the potential as being perceived by those he talks to as being on the "weak-side" of the numbers...so he decides to MIS-state the BHP number as the rear-wheel number to save his ego-maniacal face.

Thanks for clearing that up !!! My head is spinning and you should be friends with my brother he still doesn't realize, I put the phone down when he goes into genius mode !!!

Archived