TEAM SHELBY FORUM

LED Third Brake Light

I've been looking for a LED third brake light for my Shelby GT, but everything that I have found either has a smoke lens or clear one...Is there a replacement that actually has a RED lense like the Stock light? Or is there a way to add LED's to the stock unit? One light in the third brake light at times makes it look like there is a light burned out in it on one side...I noticed this the other day when I was having my oil changed and it looked like there was a light out...When I took it apart, I found that there is only one light in there and a curved reflector that doesn't seem to work too well...

Carl,

I went with this one. I know that the center of it is clear where the red LED bulbs are, but when it's lit up it's RED.

I think that Mac got this same one for Lulu.

I found it at Moss Mustang =====> LED 3rd Brake Lights

131.jpg

Thanks for the info, close, but still not what I'm looking for...I would prefer the lens be all red just like the original...and for $70.00, I'd rather have what I want or do without I guess...LOL

There are 3 LEDs listed on that web site. One is smoked, one is clear and the third is red.

Yeah, I saw that, but the red one is not solid red....it has a white lens in the middle of it...I want SOLID red lens...wondering if I might be able to use a stock lens on one of those? I know I'm being anal about it, but I don't like to look of the white in the middle and I don't like the clear or smoke look either...

• 2 weeks later...
Yeah, I saw that, but the red one is not solid red....it has a white lens in the middle of it...I want SOLID red lens...wondering if I might be able to use a stock lens on one of those? I know I'm being anal about it, but I don't like to look of the white in the middle and I don't like the clear or smoke look either...

I just got the moss mustang summer clearance sale catalog. If you have it look on page 15. There is a solid RED LED 3rd brake light like I think your wanting. Its 62.95. The part number is 057-945. Ill send you a PM too incase you dont see this.

After searching the product number on the website its showing a red with white center under that same part number. http://www.mossmuscle.com/Shop/ViewProduct...amp;SortOrder=1

But the picture in the catalog shows a SOLID RED lense without the clear center. You may want to give them a call........worth a shot if you havent found one yet. Let us know what you find out.

also looking for "solid red" lense LED brake light, but for now, may settle for the red/clear light since its available on EBay for as low as $50 shipped...

Be sure you read everything very closely...I just found one on Ebay that LOOKS like the one from Moss, but it says it "Doesn't work on 2007 + models"

I had one of the clear with red stop and it is very bright. You need to seal the lens as they will get water in them. for some reason the light holds power or is dimly lite for awhile after car is sitting. It does seem to go off after ten to fifteen minutes, I sent the first one back thinking their was a problem but the second one was the same. Very easy to install I like mine a lot. :happy feet:

Be sure you read everything very closely...I just found one on Ebay that LOOKS like the one from Moss, but it says it "Doesn't work on 2007 + models"

yeah, noticed that...looking at one that says "05-09"...$50 shipped...but I wonder if it is lower quality than the one that moss has(about $73 shipped) or it is same, cause it looks identical!!*_*

I had one of the clear with red stop and it is very bright. You need to seal the lens as they will get water in them. for some reason the light holds power or is dimly lite for awhile after car is sitting. It does seem to go off after ten to fifteen minutes, I sent the first one back thinking their was a problem but the second one was the same. Very easy to install I like mine a lot. :happy feet:

How did you seal the lens? I am interested if it is VERY bright as hopefully this will wake up the idiots behind us and, again hopefully, be less likely to rear end us.

Did you find out anything with that Moss mustang one?

How did you seal the lens? I am interested if it is VERY bright as hopefully this will wake up the idiots behind us and, again hopefully, be less likely to rear end us.

Silicone 3 and you should do it twice, I still need to pull mine out and do it also.

Found on Jegs:

ANZO 531004 LED Third Brake Light 2005-09 Ford Mustang Red/Clear

018-531004 LED 3RD BRKLGHT 05UP S197 99.99

I have it on my car. Great quality. I confirm when on it is only bright red. muuuuch brighter than the original.

post-19594-1243722844_thumb.jpg

post-19594-1243722844_thumb.jpg

I just got the moss mustang summer clearance sale catalog. If you have it look on page 15. There is a solid RED LED 3rd brake light like I think your wanting. Its 62.95. The part number is 057-945. Ill send you a PM too incase you dont see this.

After searching the product number on the website its showing a red with white center under that same part number. http://www.mossmuscle.com/Shop/ViewProduct...amp;SortOrder=1

But the picture in the catalog shows a SOLID RED lense without the clear center. You may want to give them a call........worth a shot if you havent found one yet. Let us know what you find out.

Well, I called Moss today since I haven't heard anything from them via email...turns out that in the clearance catalogue, yes, they show a solid red lens....but in their regular catalogue on page 61, they show the red with white strip in it...as the "OFF" picture then the solid red lens as the "ON" picture...so I am still looking for a solid red lense LED third brake light.... :cry:

• 3 weeks later...

just rec'd & installed my red/clear led brake lite on my '07 sgt....($58 incl shipping)....exactly what u guys said, lites up brightly, but stays dimly lit for a while with car off & has no small gasket like the original(and I dont want to silicone it to my car).......I'd recommend waiting for a better quality light to be made, but it does look cool!! :yup:

Archived