TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Has anyone had this issue with Super Snake hood?

The other day the wife and I took the kids for a cruise in the Shelby's and we noticed this on my Super Snake. Just curious if any one has had this issue? We do drive it every nice day, but I didn't expect this. I already talked to Glenn at Quantum where it was done. By the way he is exceptional at customer service. I am having no issues with Quantum and the work.

Chris

super_snake_hood_issue.jpg

super_snake_hood_issue_2.jpg

super_snake_hood_issue_3.jpg

super_snake_hood_issue.jpg

super_snake_hood_issue_2.jpg

super_snake_hood_issue_3.jpg

that looks bad. When was your SS completed?

or do you know what generation hood you have? I, II, III, or IV?

Please inform the forum when you find out what happened?

Fiberglass? Paint? or both?

Sorry that happened to you.

The other day the wife and I took the kids for a cruise in the Shelby's and we noticed this on my Super Snake. Just curious if any one has had this issue? We do drive it every nice day, but I didn't expect this. I already talked to Glenn at Quantum where it was done. By the way he is exceptional at customer service. I am having no issues with Quantum and the work.

Chris

:headscratch: That is not normal....so far mine is ok... :headscratch:

This is not normal. I'm sure Quantum and SAI will get it fixed. Unfortunately, sometimes, things happen. It is reassuring to know that the people you will be dealing with take pride and will get it right.

No, I haven't put struts on. I was surprised this happened. We drive the car a lot but haven't been playing with the power. The fastest the wife had it was 120, but she doesn't even spin the tires.

No, I haven't put struts on. I was surprised this happened. We drive the car a lot but haven't been playing with the power. The fastest the wife had it was 120, but she doesn't even spin the tires.

"doesn't even spin the tires." Well, I think it's about time she does. :hysterical::hysterical:

• 5 weeks later...

Chris

So What Ever Happened with This???

• 4 weeks later...

Chris

Chris,

So what ever happened with this???

Sorry I have taken so long on this one. I had taken the car to 2 places for estimates but I think I need one more. The first estimate is for $1594.75 for hood install and paint. The second estimate was for $1964.63 for the install and paint. After talking to a couple of people I think I am going to take it to Madison. They told me about a ford dealer in Madison that has it's own body shop. They have already worked on a few Shelbys.

Sorry I have taken so long on this one. I had taken the car to 2 places for estimates but I think I need one more. The first estimate is for $1594.75 for hood install and paint. The second estimate was for $1964.63 for the install and paint. After talking to a couple of people I think I am going to take it to Madison. They told me about a ford dealer in Madison that has it's own body shop. They have already worked on a few Shelbys.

So Quantum is paying for the repair?

I spoke with Shelby Performance Parts about this at the Mid America Meet and their response was that it is what it is and that's about it. It's fiberglass and we're not going to replace them or even give you a discount on the latest and greatest version as mine is Generation 1. What happened to that age old expression about guaranteed for a certain time against defects and workmanship? Well at least all the old Shelbys have screwed up hoods as well so in several years we will have something in common with the classics.

Gary

I'm not so sure that is the case. I had my conversion done at Quantum (GREAT PEOPLE) I have a small spider crack in my hood and spoke to Glenn about it. They were willing to locate a shop over here in California and have it repaired. I decided to let it go right now (I hate bodyshops). It is so small you can only notice it under florescent lights in the garage. I told Glenn that if it were to get worse I would let him know.

Quantum has EXCEPTIONAL customer service which is why I chose to have them work on my car. I spent a little extra money on transporting but it was well well worth it.

Aggie

That is the same for me. I sent Glenn the pics and he had said to find a body shop near me. I am trying to find someone that I feel comfortable enough to leave my baby with. If I lived in Texas Quantum is the only place I would take my cars to. The guys there are awesome.

That is the same for me. I sent Glenn the pics and he had said to find a body shop near me. I am trying to find someone that I feel comfortable enough to leave my baby with. If I lived in Texas Quantum is the only place I would take my cars to. The guys there are awesome.

Why wouldn't SAI stand behind their hood repairs like Quantum? Looks like I'm gonna have to baby a very expensive rocket ship!

• 2 weeks later...
I think it's funny that everyone thinks SAI would do something about this. When I called to discuss the poor quality of my hood I never heard anything back at all. I've been told numerous times....they're not gonna do anything.

And who did you call specificly? Seems odd that many are having their issues resolved and you are not.

Conact me and we can discuss rogers@shelbyautos.com

For the record folks, any and all issues we may have had or do have either here at Shelby Autos or with our Mod Centers are being addressed.

If you feel you are not getting the proper response please contact the Mod Center principles.

Shelby Automobile issues can be addressed by contacting me at rogers@shelbyautos.com or 702.942.7325 ext. 145

Roger

For the record folks, any and all issues we may have had or do have either here at Shelby Autos or with our Mod Centers are being addressed.

If you feel you are not getting the proper response please contact the Mod Center principles.

Shelby Automobile issues can be addressed by contacting me at rogers@shelbyautos.com or 702.942.7325 ext. 145

Roger

Hi Roger,

I don't have a Super Snake but I did buy a Super Snake hood for my GT500.

My SS hood has some serious issues, We contacted SAI and they referred us to SPP.

We contacted SPP and they referred us back to SAI.

WHO do us hood only buyers contact for defective SS hoods?

Hi Roger,

I don't have a Super Snake but I did buy a Super Snake hood for my GT500.

My SS hood has some serious issues, We contacted SAI and they referred us to SPP.

We contacted SPP and they referred us back to SAI.

WHO do us hood only buyers contact for defective SS hoods?

Can you please tell me what problems you have with the hood....cause on mine I have none yet....

Thanks

Archived