TEAM SHELBY FORUM

The New Movie Review Thread......

I took the wifey and my to youngest sons 11 and 5 to see Disney's Pixar " UP " last night and I have to say for a kid flick I liked it it had some real life events that makes you think about whats really important in life to be happy ( proberley the kiddos didn't pick up on that stuff ) and it had lot of funny scenes . I give it a 3.75 stars out of 5 .

Go see "The Hangover", you will laugh your :censored: off....

For me, having been to Las Vegas over two dozen times, i've witnessed :lurk: or been a party to :drool: , much of the hi-jinks as shown in the film....

Well done, a perfect hour and a half of escapism... the photo reel at the end is the best, the whole theatre was busting up

Roadie, roadie, roadie...

For me, having been to Las Vegas over two dozen times, i've witnessed :lurk: or been a party to :drool: , much of the hi-jinks as shown in the film....

Well done, a perfect hour and a half of escapism... the photo reel at the end is the best, the whole theatre was busting up

saw it last night

possibly the funniest movie of all time.

I took the wifey and my to youngest sons 11 and 5 to see Disney's Pixar " UP " last night and I have to say for a kid flick I liked it it had some real life events that makes you think about whats really important in life to be happy ( proberley the kiddos didn't pick up on that stuff ) and it had lot of funny scenes . I give it a 3.75 stars out of 5 .

saw it two days ago

wasn't my pick but i still went

suprisingly it was a decent film with some hidden messages about life inside like you said.

I crack up everytime I see the trailer with Tyson decking the guy accidently while air drumming to that Phil Collins song.

Definately funny! :hysterical:

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Going to see Transformers this Saturday night on IMAX!

see you then Megan! ;)

AND I'll report back...............

Well. the plot was predictable, the action was constant, the special effects were superb, and Megan Fox is even more beautiful than previously thought (if that is possible).........

wont win an Academy Award......but who cares!

• 2 weeks later...

it was too freakin hot out this week, and we went to the theater to get some a/c.

needed something mindless to watch so we picked G-Force, in 3D.

it was kinda cute, they used most of the best lines in their previews. 3D was fun though!

I just got back from the new Ice Age movie. I took the wife, my 8 year old, and my mom and we all had a great time.

The movie was as good as the 1st two they made and a whole lot of fun to sit through. Sure it's campy and corny at times, but there's some underlying adult humor here and there to compensate. I wouldn't bring a real small child to it, however, due to the super loud and semi-scary dinosaurs in this one. All in all it was a good night. :lurk:

Ken

I just got back from the new Ice Age movie. I took the wife, my 8 year old, and my mom and we all had a great time.

The movie was as good as the 1st two they made and a whole lot of fun to sit through. Sure it's campy and corny at times, but there's some underlying adult humor here and there to compensate. I wouldn't bring a real small child to it, however, due to the super loud and semi-scary dinosaurs in this one. All in all it was a good night. :lurk:

Ken

I agree, great movie :happy feet:

• 3 weeks later...

I saw District 9 last weekend with my dad.

Best science-fiction movie I've ever seen. Period. Nothing else even comes close.

Someone I know put it best: "You know you've just seen a great movie when you walk out feeling like someone just punched you in the gut."

I've been thinking about the movie non-stop all week, and I'll be seeing it again this Saturday morning.

Go see it. You won't be disappointed!

Best science-fiction movie I've ever seen. Period. Nothing else even comes close.

Someone I know put it best: "You know you've just seen a great movie when you walk out feeling like someone just punched you in the gut."

I've been thinking about the movie non-stop all week, and I'll be seeing it again this Saturday morning.

Thanks for the info! A co-worker said District 9 makes Star Wars look like a Saturday morning cartoon in comparison! :hysterical:

Oh man you were right- just got back from seeing District 9! :lurk: WOW! INTENSE STORY and ACTION!! :drop: Can't wait for the sequel! Man they are rough in Africa- those poor prawns and poor main character! Very realistic documentary of how things could be.

Not a new movie but interesting. ACROSS THE UNIVERSE is about the most creative movie I've ever seen. For us Viet Nam era guys it brings back a lot of memories, good and bad. The Special Features with the Director is about as good as the movie. Some may think the movie wierd, but the more you watch it the more it "grows on you". The movie has a lot of Beatles music sung by the actors. :lurk:

• 2 months later...

2012 ...

Not sure what I'd rate this movie. Overall, great special effects and sound. No real references to the Mayan calendar, but that is a whole nother topic.

But too many situations of getting out of danger in the nick of time, crazy airlane escapes (yes, more than one), almost 2 and a half hours long, and no Oscars for acting!

If they could edit the dialogue out, and leave the special effects in, it would be great.

Woody Harrelson is worth half the price of admission, though. I think he had the best part!

Archived