TEAM SHELBY FORUM

The New Movie Review Thread......

Good Morning Everyone,

I wanted to have a place where everyone could post their reviews of current movies playing in the theaters....

and/or ask for a review of a current movie they are considering going to see.....

Summer Movie Season is getting going, so lets get some :lurk::lurk: and go to the movies........

I'll start, Dale and I have tickets for "Star Trek" at the local IMAX for Friday,

anybody see it?

Like it?

sleep thru it?

Star Trek:

VERY good. The special effects were certainly up to par. The story line kept me engaged although it took me awile to realize where they were going with it, because I am familiar with the series as well as the movies, and they were not jiving. For instance, in the series Enterprise's first captain, (Captain Pike), was badly burned and blamed Captain Kirk. In this movie he was not. I cannot tell you why without spoiling the movie for you.

I recommend ya'll seeing it.

Star Trek:

VERY good. The special effects were certainly up to par. The story line kept me engaged although it took me awile to realize where they were going with it, because I am familiar with the series as well as the movies, and they were not jiving. For instance, in the series Enterprise's first captain, (Captain Pike), was badly burned and blamed Captain Kirk. In this movie he was not. I cannot tell you why without spoiling the movie for you.

I recommend ya'll seeing it.

I thought this Star Trek Movie is "The Beginning Years" when they first got together and they are all really Young.

It has been a while since I have gone to the Movies.......To Costly Here. The last Movie I went to was "We Are Marshal". A very very good Movie based on a True Story. It has been out on DVD for a while now so if you have not seen it.......go get it and watch it. Two Thumbs UP.

SS and I saw Star Trek (I have loved Star Trek since I was a kid) and I thought the movie rocked!! They did a great job with it!! :happy feet: :happy feet:

To answer the question generally without spoiling it for you, the timeline was changed a bit so some details are not exact per the original show. But its ok how they did it.

I hated Star Trek my entire life. I thought it was cheesy, campy, and uninteresting. When my wife insisted we see the new movie, I tried talking her out of it, to no avail.

Anyway, I'm glad I went. It was really really good! It was more fun to watch than all 3 of the newer Star Wars movies combined. It made me enjoy the storyline for the first time ever.

I highly recommend this flick for just about anyone.

Ken

yup - it was great!

the young stars resembled Kirk, Spock and McCoy so well, it was very believable that they were the retro versions of the original actors.

special effects have come a long way since filming a model hanging on a string ...

it was exciting, fun, and I can't wait to see it again!

Went and saw it yesterday...for the second time! As a long time Trek fan I was not sure what to expect and can honestly say I enjoyed the ride, bot times. I feel like I'm really ready for the next movie and to see where this crew will take us next.

But I will tell you...EVERYTHING changes.

(Pike never blamed Kirk for his injuries in TOS, it was an accident on a training vessel that put Pike in a wheel chair/life support unit. Kirk had only met Pike once originally. This is only one of many things that are changed from the original series canon.)

(Pike never blamed Kirk for his injuries in TOS, it was an accident on a training vessel that put Pike in a wheel chair/life support unit. Kirk had only met Pike once originally. This is only one of many things that are changed from the original series canon.)

Granted, it was decades ago that I watched that show, but I remember Captain Kirk going through great pains to restore Captain Pike. I do not remember the specifics. Why would he do that for someone he just met once?

Granted, it was decades ago that I watched that show, but I remember Captain Kirk going through great pains to restore Captain Pike. I do not remember the specifics. Why would he do that for someone he just met once?

Kirk was put in that position by Mr Spock who wanted to save his former Captain. See the original episode "The Menagerie," or read here for a synopsis of it.

Good Morning Everyone,

I wanted to have a place where everyone could post their reviews of current movies playing in the theaters....

and/or ask for a review of a current movie they are considering going to see.....

Summer Movie Season is getting going, so lets get some :lurk::lurk: and go to the movies........

I'll start, Dale and I have tickets for "Star Trek" at the local IMAX for Friday,

anybody see it?

Like it?

sleep thru it?

EPIC

the plot, effects, the ship design, the characters were played good.

What did you think of the movie? :happy feet:

I thought it was great.

They nailed the characters in casting,

the storyline was captivating and the

special effects were incredible.

Almost too much to watch on IMAX,

that made it amazing.

Highly recommended!

Good Morning Everyone,

anybody see it?

Like it?

sleep thru it?

I saw it last week. It was well done. I especially loved that the original Spock had a cameo in the film. :lurk: :happy feet:

• 2 weeks later...

Terminator Salvation - Great! Special effects, sound, the theater was just quaking! And guess who they video-shopped into the final scenes??

The wife went with a friend and her kids to UP. Apparently, may not be suitable for pre-school kids, so bear this in mind.

We thought that the new Star Trek was excellent. My wife and daughter have seen it twice already.

Saw Angels & Demons last weekend. Not the best of the summer (ST certainly is), and I think it's not as good as it's older brother, DaVinci Code, but worth seeing. I guess having read the book beforehand it left me wanting more detail, but it still is over 2 hours long.

Terminator this week for me...

Saw Valkyrie last week...next...

Oh yeah, just saw Terminator. Very well done! Excellent SFX, combined with a good storyline and action (they blow up EVERYTHING) made for a very entertaining movie that ties a lot of the Terminator canon together. Seeing Batman (Bale) and Chekov (Yelchin) together in the same movie did seem a little strange, though. I have to give big props to whomever did the helicopter crash in the first part of the movie. Seen from within the 'copter, it was seemlessly put together.

Saw Valkyrie last week...next...

Oh yeah, just saw Terminator. Very well done! Excellent SFX, combined with a good storyline and action (they blow up EVERYTHING) made for a very entertaining movie that ties a lot of the Terminator canon together. Seeing Batman (Bale) and Chekov (Yelchin) together in the same movie did seem a little strange, though. I have to give big props to whomever did the helicopter crash in the first part of the movie. Seen from within the 'copter, it was seemlessly put together.

Looking forward to Terminator and Transformers.......

so the wife cashes in my chits, and we go to Night at the Museum - Smithsonian.

I'm not a big Stiller/Wilson fan, so my hopes weren't very high. But it did have it's moments, and a lispy villian (you'll have to see it to know what i mean).

Otherwise, just ok... maybe video rental worthy

Next up - Transformers!

Archived