TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Any Vista's out there change their grille?

Thats my other dilemma. DO I go 13 bar or the 9 bar? I think I'm leaning towards the 9 bar. What do you think?

Humm....I personally like the 13 better, looks more "traditional" to me and it's made in honor of the 13 original colonies!

Ok...I made up that last part... :happy feet:

• 3 weeks later...

You buy the below from Shelby Performance Parts (ask for Keith he can help) and the below

PARTS

Grill outer plastic shroud

Grill

Shelby letters

PIAA lights with harness

INSTALL

There are tabs that get pushed in so the installed grill will pop out

Install all the above parts to make up your new grill

Before installing the new grill in the tabs locate the fog light harness that came in the car and pull the connectors up for access

Install the grill

Connect the PIAA harness up and done

Will cost you about $500 for this mod but well worth it

Yes they are 20" rims and no rub etc issues

You buy the below from Shelby Performance Parts (ask for Keith he can help) and the below

PARTS

Grill outer plastic shroud

Grill

Shelby letters

PIAA lights with harness

INSTALL

There are tabs that get pushed in so the installed grill will pop out

Install all the above parts to make up your new grill

Before installing the new grill in the tabs locate the fog light harness that came in the car and pull the connectors up for access

Install the grill

Connect the PIAA harness up and done

Will cost you about $500 for this mod but well worth it

Yes they are 20" rims and no rub etc issues

You make the install sound so easy!! :hysterical:

Humm....I personally like the 13 better, looks more "traditional" to me and it's made in honor of the 13 original colonies!

As a resident of Virginia, I dont think it would be proper for me to go with the 9 bar. Id be letting my home state down.

I don't know what you mean by misbadge. There are tiney holes for the letter back pins and there is only one way the letters go on, if that's what you mean. It's a fairly easy install just certain PITA getting the grill tabs to let go without breaking any tabs off. I fought mine for 20 min and was pulling down really not trying at that point to get the old grill out, and all of a sudden it popped out fast and fell on the floor 3 feet in front of me. It really is plug and play just the typical of any car mechanics if you are used to doing your own maintenance.

Thanks for the help. Do you have a picture w/o the SHELBY letters. I refuse to misbadge.

I don't know what you mean by misbadge. There are tiney holes for the letter back pins and there is only one way the letters go on, if that's what you mean. It's a fairly easy install just certain PITA getting the grill tabs to let go without breaking any tabs off. I fought mine for 20 min and was pulling down really not trying at that point to get the old grill out, and all of a sudden it popped out fast and fell on the floor 3 feet in front of me. It really is plug and play just the typical of any car mechanics if you are used to doing your own maintenance.

I meant I do not want to put SHELBY letters on my car since it is not a SGT. Thanks for the help I am going to look into doing this more.

Archived