TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Got the new clutch and the Short Throw Shifter

It is amazing the difference 25% shorter throw makes. I sent the TSB on the clutch issue to my Ford Dealer and asked if they would put a new clutch in for me, they said yes, and while the tranny was out, I had them install the short throw shifter and new shift handle. I really like the new clutch feel and the new shifter is awesome, almost has a gate feel to it now. Only drawback IMHO is it is hard to hit 5th and 6th.

I am sure this has already been asked, and sorry if so, but does anyone know if the new clutch assembly that they are installing under this TSB is the same clutch that is going in the 2010? My service manager said the new clutch plate was definitely larger, but he did not know.

I highly recommend this mod if you can do without your car for about two weeks...took a while waiting on the parts for some reason.

Thanks for info...

I am sure this has already been asked, and sorry if so, but does anyone know if the new clutch assembly that they are installing under this TSB is the same clutch that is going in the 2010? My service manager said the new clutch plate was definitely larger, but he did not know.

I highly recommend this mod if you can do without your car for about two weeks...took a while waiting on the parts for some reason.

Thanks for info...

The TSB clutch is not the same as the one being installed on the 2010 GT500s. The 2010 clutch is larger and made of a different material; should make for more driver-friendly clutch engagement with less shudder.

Archived