TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Little help please

We are taking our car to Vegas in two weeks for the conversion. I have stripped off pretty much everything that we put on (all cosmetic) since we bought it to bring it back to OEM condition so as not to interfere with any SS add ons. One thing I haven't changed out is the center vent portion as that is where Carroll Shelby signed the car. What I need to know from someone who has already had this done is the measurement from the bottom of the dash plaque to the bottom of the vent section. I am hoping his signature is low enough that the plaque will still fit above it and miss the sig. If not I have another one I can put in its place and hope to get another signature at some point. Thanks.

post-11181-1241996411_thumb.jpg

post-11181-1241996411_thumb.jpg

We are taking our car to Vegas in two weeks for the conversion. I have stripped off pretty much everything that we put on (all cosmetic) since we bought it to bring it back to OEM condition so as not to interfere with any SS add ons. One thing I haven't changed out is the center vent portion as that is where Carroll Shelby signed the car. What I need to know from someone who has already had this done is the measurement from the bottom of the dash plaque to the bottom of the vent section. I am hoping his signature is low enough that the plaque will still fit above it and miss the sig. If not I have another one I can put in its place and hope to get another signature at some point. Thanks.

My car is at SAI getting SS'd right now and also has the center A/C vent portion signed. When I shipped my car, I requested that SAI not install the dash plaque, but leave it loose in the center console for me to install on an extra center A/C vent bezel I have at home.

The best of both worlds....

My car is at SAI getting SS'd right now and also has the center A/C vent portion signed. When I shipped my car, I requested that SAI not install the dash plaque, but leave it loose in the center console for me to install on an extra center A/C vent bezel I have at home.

Yup thats what I would do.

SuperCompDad let SAI know not to install the plaque. In fact I would tape a little note between the vents saying, please do not install dash plaque, just to be safe.

I'd order another a/c vent portion and install the plaque on it.

Steve

Yup thats what I would do.

SuperCompDad let SAI know not to install the plaque. In fact I would tape a little note between the vents saying, please do not install dash plaque, just to be safe.

I'd order another a/c vent portion and install the plaque on it.

Steve

I like that option as the signed one is a second one we bought to be signed. I hadn't considered this option as although I hadn't talked to them about this yet our first contact with them a year ago implied that there would be no deviating from any of the mods. If this can happen it would work out great. Thanks.

• 4 weeks later...

Dropped our car off about 2 weeks ago. It took a little arm twisting and signing/initialing some stuff but they agreed to leave the dash plaque off. I do have the original vent piece so when it comes home I will attach the plaque and maybe send it off for a new signature before I install it.

Archived