TEAM SHELBY FORUM

3M clear car bra

Have it professionally installed by someone who will custom fit and not use a kit. Well worth it as it does a great job of protecting the front end. I have dings in the plastic that would have left a serious mark on the paint from the Terlingua romp in the desert.

Has been a worth while investment for me. On my car, the only chip in the paint is where the paint protection film did not cover at the hood/finder seam. Ive been driving to 22K miles in 2 years.

It doens't matter 3M or that other brand, just get someone who has done alot of cars, you will be glad you did, especially when the bugs are smashed all over the front end, after awhile that want bother you hardly at all.

20,000 miles of interstate driving bumper to bumper mostly rush hour. a couple of minor flaws but nothing compared to what the front would have looked like with out it. However 2 years and it looks like it is starting to turn a bit yellow where the white stripes are. 5 year guarentee so I will be calling them.

That being said that it can begin to turn yellow, when it is removed to be recovered does it do damage to the paint and stripes? Also when you say proffesionally installed, would that be through a body shop, vinyl istaller, or a window tint installer? Can we wax over it? or can the wax discolor it? I think thats all the questions I can think of for now. lol :dance:

Jim

I am on my second bra as the first one was messed up when put on by someone who didn't know he wasn't a professional. It came off very easy for the professional with no problems or damage. Make sure you get a guaranteed product. You can wax and detail over it. Mine guy does the clear bras and window tint. I found him on thru the BMW forums people. I was looking for the best after the first fiasco. You might try browsing the other car forums in your area and see who they use. Ask the new car dealers who they contract out to and check them out.

I am on my second bra as the first one was messed up when put on by someone who didn't know he wasn't a professional. It came off very easy for the professional with no problems or damage. Make sure you get a guaranteed product. You can wax and detail over it. Mine guy does the clear bras and window tint. I found him on thru the BMW forums people. I was looking for the best after the first fiasco. You might try browsing the other car forums in your area and see who they use. Ask the new car dealers who they contract out to and check them out.

Thanks I appreciate the fast reply. I will start with my dealer then go form there.

Jim

I had it put on my car when I first bought it. I knew the installer and he took good care of me. Make sure when they install it, to make a cut about 1/16" to 1/8" on each side of the stripe. This will make sure it stays down and water can't get behind it. If they don't do that, water will get behind it where the stripes meet the paint and start peeling up. I have had mine on almost a year now and it still looks great. You can wax and detail it just like any paint job. I even clay bared mine and have no problems.

We've had a few cars and wings done. Works very well. We had a black GT500 done for a customer and it is really hard to see it, at first we thought the installer was joking. It works great for cars the see track use, race tires tend to pick up rocks and fire them off.

Mine is done too.

Colin Sebern

Griggs Racing

post-22916-1242232955_thumb.jpg

post-22916-1242232955_thumb.jpg

I seen a SS yesterday at SHM and you could see the edges quit well. But I think that had to do with excess wax on the outside lines. Also it was on a blue SS. The person who owned this one had it done on the wheel wells, door jambs, the front ofcourse. I think I am going to go with it on the front. Thanks again everyone for the info I appreciate it!

Jimmy :dance: :happy feet:

Here... Call Joe at Auto-Edge in Oakville 905 847-3333... He wants $600

He does it with Venture Shield, a couple of us are going to go together and ask for a group Discount

Let me know if your interested

Yeah let me know when? Now is that $600 tax in ? I will probably give him a call tomorrow.

Jimmy :dance:

Archived