TEAM SHELBY FORUM

PIAA Driving lights replacement lens

Hey thanks, Rick!

Was this the one you ordered: http://www.eautoworks.com/product-PIAA-131.htm

(By the way, I am talking about the lower brake bezel lights!)

Sam

AKA:

We had the same thing happen to us, we had quotes locally of 90.00. Ended up buying it locally through Action Auto Parts for 60.00. This is the correct one to order and its a good price

Piaa light

Is there a trick to getting the lens off? I tried draining all the water that has collected inside of the lamp assembly last night, but I couldn't manage to get the lens off. :headscratch:

Ken

Have you contacted PIAA? I suspect the light shouldn't get water in it...maybe covered under their warranty?

Have you contacted PIAA? I suspect the light shouldn't get water in it...maybe covered under their warranty?

Not yet. I posted about it a week or two ago, but didn't get any input on it.

I'll send an email to SPP now and see what they say.

Ken

Is there a trick to getting the lens off? I tried draining all the water that has collected inside of the lamp assembly last night, but I couldn't manage to get the lens off. :headscratch:

Ken

Ken,

No trick, its a one piece sealed unit. The lens is pressed onto the housing, looks like it might even have glue on it. Your seal must be bad or the seal where the light bulb plugs in is bad.

Ken,

No trick, its a one piece sealed unit. The lens is pressed onto the housing, looks like it might even have glue on it. Your seal must be bad or the seal where the light bulb plugs in is bad.

That's a bummer. Both of the lamps are 1/3 full of water now FYI. :banghead:

I heard back from SPP today about my lights. They said they're shipping a new set out asap.

Enrique mentioned that he hopes my set was just defective, otherwise he's going to have 'a lot of angry customers' when Fall comes around!

Anyway, I'm very pleased that SPP is taking care of me again.

Ken

I heard back from SPP today about my lights. They said they're shipping a new set out asap.

Enrique mentioned that he hopes my set was just defective, otherwise he's going to have 'a lot of angry customers' when Fall comes around!

Anyway, I'm very pleased that SPP is taking care of me again.

Ken

Any idea how the water might have got into the lights in the first place? Did you drive through deep water? Was there a storm that you drove in? Washed with high pressure washer? Inquiring minds want to know...

Any idea how the water might have got into the lights in the first place? Did you drive through deep water? Was there a storm that you drove in? Washed with high pressure washer? Inquiring minds want to know...

Nope, none of that. I noticed it after washing my car as usual, with normal garden hose pressure.

The seal is bad. SPP just doesn't know whether this is isolated to mine yet, apparently.

Ken

Archived