TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Mis-Badged By Shelby....................

From the eBay auction:

This particular Shelby GT500 KR was originally mis-badged by Shelby as it has 1967-2007 anniversary badges on the sides and a 1968-2008 badge on the front grille. This unique error by Shelby would make this particular car stand out from the rest on eBay. No attempt has been made by Power Ford Valencia to "correct" the badging as it does make this KR truly one-of-a-kind.

One-Of-A-Kind huh??? I wonder how he knows that?

Interesting sales hype. Also find these auction quotes interesting:

Deposits are not accepted for any vehicle being listed for sale by dealer as this is against California law.

Hmmm, I guess there are a lot of dealers breaking the law then.

Power Ford Valencia, an AutoNation company, is among the few dealers across the country who are offered the opportunity by Ford Motor Company to sell these limited production vehicles.

One of the few............ wonder what his definition of few is?

Just trying to have a chuckle at their sales hype.

Steve

EBAY AUCTION

Possible but doubtful.

The badges are harder to find then the car themselves.

Not if they had an 07 on the lot ;)

The odds are it came that way from SAI but what proof is there? Unless someone shot video of the transporter arriving and zoomed in on the fender before the car was unloaded this "error" will be nothing more than a "that's what the dealer told me when I bought it".

Interesting tidbit but in my opinion it will never play a part in the cars value.

Steve

Not if they had an 07 on the lot ;)

The odds are it came that way from SAI but what proof is there? Unless someone shot video of the transporter arriving and zoomed in on the fender before the car was unloaded this "error" will be nothing more than a "that's what the dealer told me when I bought it".

Interesting tidbit but in my opinion it will never play a part in the cars value.

Steve

An 07 ?

The only 07 that would have those emblems 07 wise would be a 40th anniversary from Shelby or a 07 super-snake.

I doubt they would pull them off another car. Those emblems can not be bought. Those emblems are nearly impossible to get.

My bet is probably Shelby put the wrong ones on.(wouldn't be the first mistake they made)

Hell they put 07 badges and made a 40th - sent it out the door and the kicker, the car was an 08 gt500. (you can do a search on this site and find out all about this mistake)

Iam sure a mistake as small as this could get passed them.

There is a KR local to me where the emblem was put on so crooked it is almost upside down (I couldn't believe it was let go that way but it was)

An 07 ?

The only 07 that would have those emblems 07 wise would be a 40th anniversary from Shelby or a 07 super-snake.

I doubt they would pull them off another car. Those emblems can not be bought. Those emblems are nearly impossible to get.

My bet is probably Shelby put the wrong ones on.(wouldn't be the first mistake they made)

Hell they put 07 badges and made a 40th - sent it out the door and the kicker, the car was an 08 gt500. (you can do a search on this site and find out all about this mistake)

my thoughts exactly.

An 07 ?

There is a KR local to me where the emblem was put on so crooked it is almost upside down (I couldn't believe it was let go that way but it was)

That is why I said "the odds are it came that way from SAI". But what proof do we have? Is there a video? Probably not. Is there a letter from SAI saying that yes we made this error? I'm guessing no.

Who's to say the badges weren't stolen from the dealers lot and that the dealer ordered or were sent the wrong replacement badges?

It seems that this dealer is trying to market the car as something rare and hoping for more $$ for it. If this indeed was a SAI production line mistake don't you think there may be others just like it?

Again this is an interesting tidbit but if the dealer thinks he has something more valuable than another dealer he is kidding himself.

Steve

From the eBay auction:

This particular Shelby GT500 KR was originally mis-badged by Shelby as it has 1967-2007 anniversary badges on the sides and a 1968-2008 badge on the front grille. This unique error by Shelby would make this particular car stand out from the rest on eBay. No attempt has been made by Power Ford Valencia to "correct" the badging as it does make this KR truly one-of-a-kind.

One-Of-A-Kind huh??? I wonder how he knows that?

Interesting sales hype. Also find these auction quotes interesting:

Deposits are not accepted for any vehicle being listed for sale by dealer as this is against California law.

Hmmm, I guess there are a lot of dealers breaking the law then.

Power Ford Valencia, an AutoNation company, is among the few dealers across the country who are offered the opportunity by Ford Motor Company to sell these limited production vehicles.

One of the few............ wonder what his definition of few is?

Just trying to have a chuckle at their sales hype.

Sadly, these cars need all of the sales hype they can get, as the cant give them away in this economy, a shame.

Steve

EBAY AUCTION

Archived