TEAM SHELBY FORUM

TSB COMPLETED TODAY

I have been reading a lot of negitive feedback on the dealers and TSB, so I thought I would throw this out there.........

Picked up my car today after the transmission TSB was completed, 4/08 build, and all seems well. The dealer was Healy Ford in Goshen NY and it was my first ever dealing with them, as I purchased both my Ford products elsewhere. I just walked in off the street and spoke with Anthony Ricciardi, the service consultant, told him about the TSB and he came out to my car took down the vin and did some research. He called me one week later told me the parts were in and scheduled me for an appointment the next week. I took the car in and had some other work done as well and I gotta say I could not be happier. :happy feet:

They were professional and polite, Anthony introduced me to the mechanics that would be working on the car, Jimmy and Rick, and they took exceptional care of me and my vehicle, and are MOD friendly. I asked them if they would help out other Shelby GT500 owners and they said they were ready and willing. So I would say if you are in the area and need this or other mods done give them a try.

Anthony can be reached at 845-291-1998

Thanks to Grabber and the rest of the guys who put together an awesome information thread on the TSB.

I have been reading a lot of negitive feedback on the dealers and TSB, so I thought I would throw this out there.........

Picked up my car today after the transmission TSB was completed, 4/08 build, and all seems well. The dealer was Healy Ford in Goshen NY and it was my first ever dealing with them, as I purchased both my Ford products elsewhere. I just walked in off the street and spoke with Anthony Ricciardi, the service consultant, told him about the TSB and he came out to my car took down the vin and did some research. He called me one week later told me the parts were in and scheduled me for an appointment the next week. I took the car in and had some other work done as well and I gotta say I could not be happier. :happy feet:

They were professional and polite, Anthony introduced me to the mechanics that would be working on the car, Jimmy and Rick, and they took exceptional care of me and my vehicle, and are MOD friendly. I asked them if they would help out other Shelby GT500 owners and they said they were ready and willing. So I would say if you are in the area and need this or other mods done give them a try.

Thanks to Grabber and the rest of the guys who put together an awesome information thread on the TSB.

You I lived in Goshen NY for many years got out of Goshen high in 75 we lived on the top of the hill

above trot town race track home of the horse trotting. Those years bring back fond memories. Don't rember a Ford dealership in my times their.

Thanks for the welcome guys.

idareu,

I chose them because they were nice to me when I went in and treated me like a human. I tried another dealer and the service consultant seemed to be annoyed that I was there and while speaking to him about my issues he basicially stuck to one word answers so I thanked him and left.

Afterburner,

I had the chatter and the 1st and reverse issue.

Switz,

Yes there is a huge difference in pedal pressure and catch point it took me a bit to get used to again.

chuckstang,

They are in Goshen NY, Orange county eastern NY 1 hour North of Manhattan.

Hans,

If you lived by the track you were in the Village they are on 17m West towards Rt 84 in the old Jack Perry dealership / building across from the Goshen DPW yard.

got mine back on Friday. Rodeo Ford in Plano. I had mine done more for preventative maintenance..........had not really had many symptoms, maybe a little rough gear changes probably of my own doing. They ordered the parts right away and had the job done in 2 days (along with installing my short throw shifter, hpipe and crossdrilled/slotted rotors. Car came back clean and vacuumed and I agree, the pedal pressure is much better now and I'm learning the new shifter. Totally different driving experience now.

Hey Boston Mike, I am getting Rodeo Ford to do the TSB on my clutch and ordered the shifter too. Is there a transmission upgrade done too? Gary Morris told me about the TSB and Rodeo has done a few already. WHen I went in, I think your car was up on the lift.

SVTBLUEOVAL, Congrats on your successful TSB. I am sure it is a huge relief.

Mine was just completed this past Friday. After 2 1/2 years and 19,000 miles I decided to pull the trigger more as a prevention move but chatter was getting much worse. The dealer installed the full TSB. First one they have done. The tech took his time (way more than the 7.4 hours Ford allows) and appears to have done it right. Shifts like butter with about 80% less foot pressure. My original flywheel was slightly scorched, the clutch was showing signs of uneven wear and the spline and input shaft was bone dry.

I also had the Concentric Slave Cylinder (throw out bearing) replaced too. The difference is night/day. Shifting is now basically effortless but still strong when you need to get on it. The combination of this new clutch/flywheel and my Shelby Short Throw Shifter is deadly....

Archived