TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Shelby Commercial: Super Snake with 2 blue stripes

I was watching Motorweek today. Low and behold there's a Zmax commercial with Carroll. Featured is a Super Snake with 2 blue stripes rather than the flat black stripes. If Zmax did this themselves, then for branding purposes, why would Carroll allow that car on the commercial. I was going to SuperSnake, but don't like my white car with flat black stripes. Now if they offered my original blue stripes that would be a different story.

Anyone have any behind the scenes information on this?

post-6355-1241802996_thumb.jpg

post-6355-1241802996_thumb.jpg

When Carroll came to Lowes Motor Speedway for the Auto Fair and to check out the new Z-Max Dragway there were only a few true Super Snakes that had been produced. The car you see in the commercial is a fake SS that a guy put together in his shop. That is why it does not have the correct stripes and badges. He actually won an award at The Spring Fling at Roush-Fenway car show in April 2008. I think they took the opertunity to make a commecial but did not have access to a Real Super Snake at that time. I go nuts every time I see the commercial myself. I wish Carrol would come back and remake the commercial with me and my REAL SUPER SNAKE!

Here is a better picture, the owner is the guy behind the car.

post-23511-1241810087_thumb.jpg

post-23511-1241810087_thumb.jpg

I was watching Motorweek today. Low and behold there's a Zmax commercial with Carroll. Featured is a Super Snake with 2 blue stripes rather than the flat black stripes. If Zmax did this themselves, then for branding purposes, why would Carroll allow that car on the commercial. I was going to SuperSnake, but don't like my white car with flat black stripes. Now if they offered my original blue stripes that would be a different story.

Anyone have any behind the scenes information on this?

Simple fix just get your car supersnaked, take of the stripes get them reproduced at a vinyl shop in blue then reinstall your new blue stripes, or get them painted on in blue

Have you seen a SS in white in person? I was very vocal about not wanting black....that is until I saw the car. Everyone who sees it is blown away. The black is great. I would not even consider going back to blue.

Have you seen a SS in white in person? I was very vocal about not wanting black....that is until I saw the car. Everyone who sees it is blown away. The black is great. I would not even consider goin back to blue.

+1000

Blue & white is the way it should have been in the first place. It is the correct color combination...historical ! Flat black was never a Shelby color.

You are correct and I loved my blue, but won't go back, The black is badass looking, crowd stopping magic.

Blue & white is the way it should have been in the first place. It is the correct color combination...historical ! Flat black was never a Shelby color.

Historically, I can't think of too many, if any GT500's from Shelby or Ford, that had rear 1/4 window block-off plates either, ane definitely not on the White w/Blue striped 1967 GT500 Super Snake that we are comparing to the current Super Snake.

I think the Flat Back stripes are to set this car apart in todays world (which they do), and the block off plates are to give the "R Model" appearance option, for those who want it (and it looks good). I like all of it.

R

Archived