TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Die Cast Shelby's

RUFDRAFT

What about paint quality.Any defects? :tease:

The quality is superp. They increased the amount of featherlax in the paint and the problem went away. :hysterical:

Heres mine.

I have to Thank Carnut again for this car. :wub: He gave it to me for Christmas in the secret santa drawing.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The quality is superp. They increased the amount of featherlax in the paint and the problem went away. :hysterical:

Heres mine.

I have to Thank Carnut again for this car. :wub: He gave it to me for Christmas in the secret santa drawing.

You're killing me that :censored: featherlax. :hysterical::hysterical2:

Has anyone seen any scale models for an ebony gt500 w/o stripes? Ive been looking for a couple months now and even looked at car shows and nothing has come up yet. Now i know that a model without stripes isnt likely, but i was just wondering if anyone had seen one yet.

I remember my old model making days, how bout sanding down the stripes and painting one, assuming they are painted on. And if they are decals, removal might be even easier. :idea:

• 10 months later...

Been a while since anyone has brought up Die Cast (at least from what I can tell). Has anyone been able to find a vert die cast yet? The Barrett-Jackson one is all I have been able to find. It is too small and only black (looking for a Blue Vert). I will even take a plastic model and build/paint myself, but can not find one of them either.

I wish someone would make all the colors, Especially the Tungsten with Satin silver stripes that nobody makes anywhere, There is such a folling on these cars seems like all colors and combos would be easy to do :headspin: maybe someday!! Later Mickey

Thanks for the information. Never thought they would make a red package model. I wonder if they'll sell more of these than were available to purchase ?

Ordered a Black / Red Stripe one for my office to make it feel more like home especially during these long winter months with the real car sitting in storage.

I hate the winter. :censored:

Too bad some of them have the older concept hood on them. :banghead:

+1. The red stripes cars do have the correct wheels and hood but the other color combos don't. I received a Shelby Collectible red with white stripes as a gift and it also has the wrong wheels and hood, as well as the brake light mounted in the rear spoiler and centered SHELBY letters, just like the prototype.

I got the Hot Wheels 1:18 scale GT500 for Christmas. This is one of the few diecasts that offer Black with Tungsten stripes. It's not a bad replica for $29.95, but they all seem to have some failings. Hotwheels forgot to put a strut tower brace under the hood and the stripes aren't lined up properly with the hood vents. They have the correct style wheels, but chromed them. I plan to take it apart and detail it properly.

JR

While Christmas shopping I've seen Shelby Collectibles at K-mart. I've seen the 1/18 GT500 in red, blue, orange all with the production hood.

I've purchased the autoArt diecast which is the prototype, Hot Wheels standard release from the Ford Collection which is the production car but with chrome wheels. The third one I purchased was the Hot Wheels Elite that has the red seat inserts for the red interior package and more dull wheels that look more real.

When the Shelby Collectibles first were released they were a model of the prototype GT500, they since have switched to the production hood. AutoArt is now making a production GT500.

If you mail order a 1/18 diecast GT500 It would be best to call and ask the vendor if it a production model and explain the differences between the two.

I stopped by my local K-mart yesterday and they had 1 1/18 Shelby GTH.

Thanks for the information. Never thought they would make a red package model. I wonder if they'll sell more of these than were available to purchase ?

Ordered a Black / Red Stripe one for my office to make it feel more like home especially during these long winter months with the real car sitting in storage.

I hate the winter. :censored:

I got my ebony red package car today. Got 2. One for the house and one for the office also.

Winter in Texas..No problem.. I can play with either car. :happy feet:

The diecast car is really nice. Also black/red interior.

Enjoy.

Michael

I have #500 of 500 of the Black with white stripe Franklin Mint GT500's. I also have the black, red, white, and blue big time muscle GT500's.

I thought Franklin Mint only made the blue 2007 GT500? Please show me a link to the Ebony with White stripes?

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

Archived