TEAM SHELBY FORUM

'07 GT500 vs. '07 Charger SRT8

Secondo

Just went to the International Auto Show in Hartford, CT. There was a black w/silver stripes GT500 on a pedestal. Available to touch was a white GT/CS and a V6 torch red convertible with the pony package. At the Dodge camp a Charger SRT8. It was over $45K. 425HP Hemi V8. 4 doors. Available only with an automatic transmission. 4160 pounds. GT500 vs. Charger SRT8. Which one would you buy? Thought so. :rockon:

BTW: My neighbor just sold his '66 Nova SS to buy the Charger. Ha wait till he see's the Shelby in my driveway soon. Or the taillights after I totally dust him. It's going to make him cry!! :hysterical2:

Just went to the International Auto Show in Hartford, CT. There was a black w/silver stripes GT500 on a pedestal. Available to touch was a white GT/CS and a V6 torch red convertible with the pony package. At the Dodge camp a Charger SRT8. It was over $45K. 425HP Hemi V8. 4 doors. Available only with an automatic transmission. 4160 pounds. GT500 vs. Charger SRT8. Which one would you buy? Thought so. :rockon:

BTW: My neighbor just sold his '66 Nova SS to buy the Charger. Ha wait till he see's the Shelby in my driveway soon. Or the taillights after I totally dust him. It's going to make him cry!! :hysterical2:

Secondo, where in CT do you live ? I'm in Fairfield.

Sorry Pretzel, nothing personal. I've had horrible luck with Chrysler and will never cross that bridge again...Peace.

No problem, mastermech...offense taken. I've had my share of issues with Chrysler too, but my Dodge Ram has been great. Most reliable car I've ever owned. Maybe I just got lucky.

Bada Bing - I lived in Plainville for about 6 years!

We used to like Pagliacci's restaurant on Rt10. Mama Mia!

I bought my first Mustang from the Ford Store in Southington - the '85 GT.

Holy Smokes small world I just ate there 2 days ago. The place is still kickin'

You bought your '85 from Mitchell Motors- now gone, replaced by a CVS. Right down the street from where I lived. Got me into Mustangs. I used to ride my bike there just to see all the new ones!!

Did you ever cruize the Berlin Turnpike (the 'Pike)?

Ok. Charger: 0-60 time of 5.1 seconds and quarter-mile 13.2 seconds @ 109 mph. Respectable. Anybody selling performance mods for the thing? :unsure: Guys we really have a winner with the GT500. Anyone seen the Evolution Performance car doing 9's? Impressive!!

Archived