TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Has anyone CHANGED the color of their stripes?

I was just wondering if anyone got sick and tired of the rather dull silver stripes and replaced them with a different color?

If so, please post pictures of it. Personally, I think a blue set of stripes would look great on a SGT.

I agree. Blue stripes on white is THE classic color combination IMHO, followed by white on blue and white on red. I have a blue 08' vert and if and when the vinyl silver stripes become a problem I will probably have white stripes painted on.

jpl

dsc02539x.jpg

before

dsc02917q.jpg

after. It only cost $350 from a local vinyl shop. I removed the factory by soaking my black car in the sun for all of 15 minutes. Also, I had to use a little goo gone on the hood because the factory stripes left some residue. It was remarkable easy to remove them, but the car was only a couple weeks old when I did it.

I'd never consider it with the SGT only because it's not a GT-350. I'm sure you wouldn't re-paint that GT-350's stripes to match the SGT. Our cars were obviously inspired by the classics, but they don't share the same name. I would love to have seen different stripe colors from the factory, but that's one mod I couldn't bring myself to make (and I've made a TON).

If SAI offers a new GT-350 someday (and I hope to god they will!), I'd expect them to use the classic color scheme as an option.

Ken

I agree with you Ken, the SGT is NOT a GT350. And, by no means did I mean to imply that. I was simply sharing the color scheme of a classic Shelby.

Sorry man I kind of forgot the intent of your first post.

As to your original question, whether to modify the stripes just to modify them for looks and not necessarily to clone the classic, I don't see anything wrong with that really.

And for posterity's sake, you could always snag an extra set of silver vinyl, just in case you wanted to change it back to stock. I personally have never seen an SGT with anything but the silver (other than the BJ edition).

Ken

I'd never consider it with the SGT only because it's not a GT-350. I'm sure you wouldn't re-paint that GT-350's stripes to match the SGT. Our cars were obviously inspired by the classics, but they don't share the same name. I would love to have seen different stripe colors from the factory, but that's one mod I couldn't bring myself to make (and I've made a TON).

If SAI offers a new GT-350 someday (and I hope to god they will!), I'd expect them to use the classic color scheme as an option.

Ken

For the black (like mine) and the blue SGT's I think the silver stripes are prefect! However, I would agree that the white SGT's would have looked better with blue stripes. But I believe, that the silver stripes hide water spots a little better and won't look as dingy as white or a dark color over time.

I changed mine to Gold.

Gold works, because of the GT-H combination. Besides, the gold on black looks great, and that's also a classic Shelby trait.

I wish you had that white SGT with blue stripes- that would give me a good idea.

Weren't ALL the Barrett Jackson cars black with red stripes? I suppose I could do red on my white SGT.

EXAMPLE:

SGTwredstripesPS-1.jpg

For the black (like mine) and the blue SGT's I think the silver stripes are prefect! However, I would agree that the white SGT's would have looked better with blue stripes. But I believe, that the silver stripes hide water spots a little better and won't look as dingy as white or a dark color over time.

I think the siver stripes should have been a shade darker more towards gray

I don't know

For me it would look weird to see a SGT without silver stripes, but it's weird to see a white Shelby without blue stripes.

So I'm at a split...

I don't know

For me it would look weird to see a SGT without silver stripes, but it's weird to see a white Shelby without blue stripes.

So I'm at a split...

Maybe if the silver was painted on it would look alot better than fake stuff !! Sorry for the comment but tired of the toothpick to clean the wax of the edges.

I think having the silver stripes painted on would be great and hope to do it someday. I like the how the silver doesn't scream "come give me a ticket" the car gets plenty of looks without having to stand out even more.

My thoughts, Don

I think having the silver stripes painted on would be great and hope to do it someday. I like the how the silver doesn't scream "come give me a ticket" the car gets plenty of looks without having to stand out even more.

My thoughts, Don

True, I agree with but just a shade darker would make me happy and it wouldn't be brighter but more mellow.

Anthony

Archived