TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Strut tower brace

• 3 weeks later...

Well I guess no one else has had the problem I am having with the paint... I called the ford house thats doing the replacement on my scoop and they told me shelby turned down warranty repair for the brace.... something about that i have took it off the car.... aaaa NOPE never have and the yellow paint marks on the nuts still... So now I have a brace that the paint is just going to keep chipping and chipping...

Well I guess no one else has had the problem I am having with the paint... I called the ford house thats doing the replacement on my scoop and they told me shelby turned down warranty repair for the brace.... something about that i have took it off the car.... aaaa NOPE never have and the yellow paint marks on the nuts still... So now I have a brace that the paint is just going to keep chipping and chipping...

You could probably get the base and clear coat touch up paints to take care of this. I replaced mine with the Shelby aluminum brace and it looks awesome on the car. It really gets the attention when you open the hood. It's pricey but it really looks much better than the FRPP version.

The strut tower brace is a Ford warranty item, part of the FRPP package, not Shelby but the service guy may have misspoke and meant Ford. This is the first I have heard of this but I would talk to a good paint shop and see what they recommend to stop the chipping before it gets any worse.

The strut tower brace is a Ford warranty item, part of the FRPP package, not Shelby but the service guy may have misspoke and meant Ford. This is the first I have heard of this but I would talk to a good paint shop and see what they recommend to stop the chipping before it gets any worse.

I did not know that the sevice man told me it was on shelby and not ford... Also as far as paint goes I guess I will have to repaint it or buy the one previously mentioned as I do like the shelby brace alot more....

I did not know that the sevice man told me it was on shelby and not ford... Also as far as paint goes I guess I will have to repaint it or buy the one previously mentioned as I do like the shelby brace alot more....

No issues, but if I did I would pull it off and have it powdercoated for 75 bucks or so and call it good. :happy feet:

Archived