TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Local Ford dealers not helpful in GT 500 hunt. Help!

I thought I had an allocation for a kona blue car, no stripes, no options---price 48K. One local dealer, located about a mile form my home, led me on for weeks about the status of my order, and then came back yesterday and said that Ford is not giving tham any more allocations. What? I think that's B.S.

Another dealer told me that they knew of 45 orders in the immediate area (central Kansas) and a salesman told me that he could order one for me, but couldn't tell me how long it would take to get it. Finally, another dealer told me that they could get one, but it would have a 'market adjustment' (price increase) over the MSRP. I said, no way, Jack!

Is Kansas just a screwed up place to order a car like the GT 500? :headscratch:

I had PM'd Mike Morris a few months ago on getting a '10 GT 500. He made me a good deal, but I thought my local dealer had met that and then some, but I was wrong. Sorry, Mike, I should have ordered one from you when I had the chance.

So, are there any dealers out there, say in Oklahoma or Texas (or anywhere), that can give me the deal I want?

To say that I'm frustrated is an understatement. :banghead:

I placed my order on Feb. 21 I paid MSRP and put a deposit down of $2,000.00. I verified that my car was in production today. I ordered from ASTRO Ford D'Ibberville Mississippi. Did you put a deposit on your initial allocation?

I thought I had an allocation for a kona blue car, no stripes, no options---price 48K. One local dealer, located about a mile form my home, led me on for weeks about the status of my order, and then came back yesterday and said that Ford is not giving tham any more allocations. What? I think that's B.S.

Another dealer told me that they knew of 45 orders in the immediate area (central Kansas) and a salesman told me that he could order one for me, but couldn't tell me how long it would take to get it. Finally, another dealer told me that they could get one, but it would have a 'market adjustment' (price increase) over the MSRP. I said, no way, Jack!

I had PM'd Mike Morris a few months ago on getting a '10 GT 500. He made me a good deal, but I thought my local dealer had met that and then some, but I was wrong. Sorry, Mike, I should have ordered one from you when I had the chance.

So, are there any dealers out there, say in Oklahoma or Texas (or anywhere), that can give me the deal I want?

I have a dealer in Michigan who is very fair to deal with, PM me if you want more info.

I'm in Kansas City...I hope my car will be in shortly. I can check into availability next time I talk to the dealer. Last I heard they had an allocation for two.

in Kansas are you restricted in what cars you can buy & register?

Here in CA we have to buy new or low miles late model cars that were made for CA, with all the smog stuff. I thought that for the rest of the country you could pretty much buy a Mustang in any state and register it there.

in Kansas are you restricted in what cars you can buy & register?

Here in CA we have to buy new or low miles late model cars that were made for CA, with all the smog stuff. I thought that for the rest of the country you could pretty much buy a Mustang in any state and register it there.

There are no restrictions, A car can be purchased in any state and registered in Kansas. We have no smog checks, no safety inspections or inspections of any kind. We also do not have special blends of gasoline either. No traffic jams except in Kansas City and sometimes in Wichita, just lots of open road.

i live in western ny state and dealers here not much better . my gt500 is suppose to be built next week i have build date and vin number but they told me it had to go to shelby in las vegas after that. so i posted a question about that because i said no it did not and they got mad at me and said i did not know how it worked but answers i got in this forum says i was correct the gt500's do not go to las vegas .now i don't even want to go check on it next week . they also told me that ordered cars that are sold aready move in front of stock ordeded gt500's for production does anyone know of that is true

I'm in Kansas City...I hope my car will be in shortly. I can check into availability next time I talk to the dealer. Last I heard they had an allocation for two.

Yes, thanks, but I want the car exactly as I described and I will pay no more than what I listed. I'm stubborn that way. :)

Yes, thanks, but I want the car exactly as I described and I will pay no more than what I listed. I'm stubborn that way. :)

I am a dealer in LaCrosse, Wi and may be able to help you out. We have 2 unused allocation and should be able to get you a car in a timely fashion. Let me know if I can help.

kdulek@dahlauto.com

www.dahlauto.com

608-791-6429

Huh, I'm confused. I can check if you want, but what your asking for should be no problem if they have not ordered their second car yet. This dealership also has a lot in OP. I think they have an allocation for two as well.

I spoke with our area dealer He has 3 allocations for 500's and no orders. Says can ship direct to a local dealer. I am not really sure how it works. I can get you a number if interested. He wants to move cars.

I have had two on order since Jan 9th. They are still sitting in the order bank on material hold!

A month or so ago I read something that the GT500 was on hold until June. There were some early orders that were scheduled and were suppose to be built but all other orders were on hold and production is suppose to start again in June.

I ordered two, but I don't know if we will get two. We will get at least one. Just don't know WHEN we will get it! At this point the soonest it would get scheduled would be August or September. June allocation has already be scheduled for mustangs.

My orders can be changed since nothing has been scheduled. So I have at least one available so far.

The two I ordered were Grabber Blue with White Stripes and Black with Grabber Blue Stripes. I can change it to anything someone wanted.

I would wait...remember the adm on the kr? now one can be had for 70k...10k under all day on ebay...just my thinking....besides..new designs always scare me...I never like to buy the first year of any model...

I would wait...remember the adm on the kr? now one can be had for 70k...10k under all day on ebay...just my thinking....besides..new designs always scare me...I never like to buy the first year of any model...

Perhaps new models that are completely new! Mechanically the 2010 should better than ever. Just improvements based on trial and error off the 07 - 09 models.

I don't see a problem just because of cosmetic changes.

As for the KR...thank the economy for that one! Best time ever to buy anything that was in demand with a high dollar price tag!

As for the KR...thank the economy for that one! Best time ever to buy anything that was in demand with a high dollar price tag!

:hysterical:

When was the last time sales guys said "WORST TIME TO BUY" to their customers??????? :doh:

:hysterical:

When was the last time sales guys said "WORST TIME TO BUY" to their customers??????? :doh:

When they come in with a trade-in that they owe $15k+ more on than what it is worth! :hysterical:

If you were in the market for a KR and you could afford to buy one, would you not agree this is the best time to buy one? Or do you really think buying one at $30K+ over MSRP a year ago was a better time to buy???

What I am saying is that Slanted Slic Sales, Dealer tactics and so called Market Value also

claimed the "BEST TIME TO BUY" when unreasonable "ADM"s were being charged.........

Hind site is always 20/20 my friend.........

Just thaught it was funny hearing the "BEST TIME TO BUY" quote again as always........

What I am saying is that Slanted Slic Sales, Dealer tactics and so called Market Value also

claimed the "BEST TIME TO BUY" when unreasonable "ADM"s were being charged.........

Hind site is always 20/20 my friend.........

Just thaught it was funny hearing the "BEST TIME TO BUY" quote again as always........

Absolutely hillarious. "Best Time to Buy" indeed. As if 30 grand over was ever the norm.

Archived