TEAM SHELBY FORUM

If The Media Isn't Left, Why Didn't This Hit Nat'l News?

You'll never read in the paper or national news where a person defends himself with a gun. It seems to be a taboo in the reporting sector. That's why I don't put any trust in the national news agency's.

There was another story about an 11 year old girl in Montana I think. Two men broke into her house while she was alone and she grabbed her father's shotgun and killed one of the guys. Apparently the two men just came from another house they robbed but that owner wasn't so lucky. He was stabbed to death.

The thing I find irritating is that if this was an 11 year old who shot a classmate it would have been on every national channel for the whole day. Biased reporting at it's best.

Crime goes up during bad times due to desperation. Heck, even a Baptist Deacon was recently arrested for a bank robbery that went bad! It makes me glad that I live in a state that believes in the right to personal protection. God have mercy on the soul who breaks into my house, because I won't!

As a life member of the NRA, I get a magazine from them monthly that has a page called "Armed Citizen". They print about a dozen stories in each issue, taken from local news reports about armed citizens catching/killing bad guys. Evidently, this happens hundreds of times a day. Of course, you'll never hear about this from the left-wing media.

Over and over again, it is statistically proven, beyond a shadow of doubt, that more guns equal less crime. Also, its just common sense. If a thug has a choice to rob two houses in the middle of the night, and he knows the people in house A are armed, and the people in house B are unarmed left-wing bed-wetters, which one will he choose?

In Georgia, we are one of the "Castle Doctrine" states. Florida was the first, and the number of states passing this law is up to about 31 now. That doctrine states that if you are in a place where you have every right to be, and someone threatens you with bodily harm, you are within your rights to use deadly force. Of course, when this law was first passed, the anti-freedom nut jobs started yelling "It will look like Dodge City from the old West! There will be blood in the streets!", and of course, the mainstream media picked up the story and ran it endlessly. A few months later, when the updated crime statistics came out, and there was a major drop in violent crime, I'm sure the media covered that. Hang on a minute, I'll go check. I know they MUST have!?!!?!?!?!

Archived