TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Outgoing Mustang GT500KR likely to become collectible

If I could get any other Shelby, I would get the GT500KR.

http://autos.canada.com/news/sto

ty.html?id=1562324

Edit - "current" Shelby, that is. If I could have ANY Shelby, it would be of course the rarest and most valuable.

I read this article in my local newspaper but I am not too sure about their facts. I thought that there where 1571 total producton of the KR. I don't recall hearing about 1571 + 175 export KRs. I was pretty sure that in 2008 the 1000 produced stayed in the US, but in 2009 of the 571 produced, 175 whent to other countries such as Canada. Am I correct on this?

QSS

There were 1,00 GT500KRs produced in 2008. For the 2009 model year, they made 746, of which only 571 were for sale in the US (i.e. 175 were exported, many of them to Canada I belive). This matches the original 1968 production run of 1,571 GT500KRs.

The car is a nice car. I would love to own one.

This guy that says it is going to be a collectable is 30 years old and works at a Ford dealer.

What else would he say. :hysterical:

Yes, it may become a collectible, but then it will take 40 years or so.

I agree, that's why I drive mine and am looking forward to a full Griggs suspension and 2.9 Whipple, I'll still keep the old parts just in case it only takes 30 years to be worth anything.

I agree, that's why I drive mine and am looking forward to a full Griggs suspension and 2.9 Whipple, I'll still keep the old parts just in case it only takes 30 years to be worth anything.

GR40ST or GR40TT?

Luis are you still looking for one?

Really don't know......I am enjoying my vert so much that now I seldom ride my bike. I am also enjoying doing mods to my vert......I guess that if I found a super deal on an 08, I would spring for it.

There were 1,00 GT500KRs produced in 2008. For the 2009 model year, they made 746, of which only 571 were for sale in the US (i.e. 175 were exported, many of them to Canada I belive). This matches the original 1968 production run of 1,571 GT500KRs.

I am confused, If there were 1000 2008 models + 571 2009 models and 175 additional exports there is a total of 1746 built which does not match the #'s built in 1968.

So what is the true # produced? Is it 1571 or is it 1746???????

QSS

I am confused, If there were 1000 2008 models + 571 2009 models and 175 additional exports there is a total of 1746 built which does not match the #'s built in 1968.

So what is the true # produced? Is it 1571 or is it 1746???????

QSS

Technically, there were 746, but only 571 available in the US. You can get to the article by following the GT500KR link on the left side of this page, but here's what it links to:

http://www.teamshelby.com/gt500kr/p2_articleid/226

From what I've read, the 2008 model year was such a hit, they decided to make 571 more to match the 1968 run. Then, I'm sure some out-of-country folks started waving a bunch of money at them so they make 175 more, just for export.

Bottom line to me is that I have 09KR0058, and I'm diggin it!

Technically, there were 746, but only 571 available in the US. You can get to the article by following the GT500KR link on the left side of this page, but here's what it links to:

http://www.teamshelby.com/gt500kr/p2_articleid/226

From what I've read, the 2008 model year was such a hit, they decided to make 571 more to match the 1968 run. Then, I'm sure some out-of-country folks started waving a bunch of money at them so they make 175 more, just for export.

Bottom line to me is that I have 09KR0058, and I'm diggin it!

TECHNICALLY!!!!!!! So the production total on these cars is 1746 units. If you wanna say that that 1571 matches the total made in 68, it is completely wrong. In 68 these cars were sent to dealerships across North America not just the USA. I don't know why this puts a bug in my arse, but I really don't like it when the #'s are scewed to try sugar coat the truth. Truth is 1571 made in 68 and 1746 made in 08/09. Skewing the truth about these cars is a detriment to the hobby. The truth was skewed about the "limited production" of the new Shelby GT500 when they hit the road in 2007 and look at the ADM's that occured. Bad for hobbiest pocket book and difficult to swollow after the facts (no limit on production) come to light.

This kinda talk is bad for the hobby, and obviously I'm an insaine :confused: numbers nut, but the facts are the facts.

QSS

I may be over simplifying this, but isn't the KR already a collectable right along with all of the Shelby rides? Why else would we all be so nutty about caring for our Shelby’s and wasting way to much time on this forum? :headscratch:

I may be over simplifying this, but isn't the KR already a collectable right along with all of the Shelby rides? Why else would we all be so nutty about caring for our Shelby’s and wasting way to much time on this forum? :headscratch:

Because nutty is what we iz, and we iz what we iz, no more, no less.

QSS

If I could get any other Shelby, I would get the GT500KR.

http://autos.canada.com/news/sto

ty.html?id=1562324

Edit - "current" Shelby, that is. If I could have ANY Shelby, it would be of course the rarest and most valuable.

Good article. And yes I do believe its a great car. But pretty hard to be a collectible when more then half of them aren't sold and may never be(the dealers will own them forever.)

Collectible/value= is supply and demand. There is more supply then demand for these cars. I don't see them having any more value dollar for dollar then a standard GT500 in the future (IMO)

• 3 weeks later...
Good article. And yes I do believe its a great car. But pretty hard to be a collectible when more then half of them aren't sold and may never be(the dealers will own them forever.)

Collectible/value= is supply and demand. There is more supply then demand for these cars. I don't see them having any more value dollar for dollar then a standard GT500 in the future (IMO)

Where are you getting your numbers from, more than half not sold?

According to the St. Vincent 39 08' KR avail and 72 09' avail, considering this awful economy that isnt to bad, the high price does not help either, the goofy dealers marking them way up on the hype and now trying to move them under sticker, serves them right.

The car should have sold for arond $59,000 in my opinion not $79,995

Where are you getting your numbers from, more than half not sold?

According to the St. Vincent 39 08' KR avail and 72 09' avail, considering this awful economy that isnt to bad, the high price does not help either, the goofy dealers marking them way up on the hype and now trying to move them under sticker, serves them right.

The car should have sold for arond $59,000 in my opinion not $79,995

Yer darn tootin' it serves them right. There is plenty of wiggle room and profit built into the MSRP, and even THAT is ridiculous. But no, they have to be greedy. Welp, I hope they like their showroom mascot.

DS

Yer darn tootin' it serves them right. There is plenty of wiggle room and profit built into the MSRP, and even THAT is ridiculous. But no, they have to be greedy. Welp, I hope they like their showroom mascot.

DS

"....showroom mascot." Now that's funny.

some out-of-country folks started waving a bunch of money at them so they make 175 more, just for export.

I trully wonder where all those 175 KR went because they sure as hell didn't go to Europe! Anyone has an idea?

I trully wonder where all those 175 KR went because they sure as hell didn't go to Europe! Anyone has an idea?

I am sure that they are rotting away on some dealer lot somewhere, what a shame, Ford F==ked up on this car BIG TIME.

I am sure that they are rotting away on some dealer lot somewhere, what a shame, Ford F==ked up on this car BIG TIME.

I see 2 sitting outside on the dealers lot everyday on my way to work :banghead::banghead: . Those beauties don't deserve being treated like that.

• 1 month later...

Archived