TEAM SHELBY FORUM

GOP Chief Clocked at 109 mph in SGT

As a former police officer, why did you give them permission to search?

Permission was not given. I objected up until the point the second police car pulled up when it was obvious they were going to do what they wanted. Understand that they obviously were lying as to why they pulled me over to begin with, so I think one can reasonably expect "creative testimony" if I had resisted their activities. I think you can agree that the cards are heavily stacked against you when dealing with this type of police work. :headscratch:

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply
+1000. You can only be searched when you give consent, although my experiences with the south would suggest otherwise and ICE is a national police force? What?

Sounds orwellian to me. The immigration enforcement part of ICE (immigration and customs enforcement) is bs, I could do a better job with a pickup and a Home Depot. Its just the national police force.

These cameras are BS, I have a new hobby if I am making a left turn in a red light intersection I stop if there is a city bus behind me, they are always in a hurry and then the bus gets to smile for the camera haha pisses off the city I am sure.

Paintball guns anyone?

F these cameras everywhere. They go off for making a left turn and waiting for traffic.

Just a note. The Greenville, Mississippi Police Department has created their own version of "I.C.E" and are apparently not a part of the Federal Immigration Program that uses that acronym. If you go to the Greenville Mississippi Police Department web site they even explain their mission which roughly states that they are desiring to find contraband in possession of "people passing through Greenville"., translation = harass the visitors with the out-of-state license plates in hopes of finding something. I'm not easily intimidated, but the problem with all this type stuff is how did America get to the point where you can be treated this way by government who then doesn't even have the courtesy to explain the treatment ?? Oh well let's talk about our Shelbys :happy feet:

Permission was not given. I objected up until the point the second police car pulled up when it was obvious they were going to do what they wanted. Understand that they obviously were lying as to why they pulled me over to begin with, so I think one can reasonably expect "creative testimony" if I had resisted their activities. I think you can agree that the cards are heavily stacked against you when dealing with this type of police work. :headscratch:

I hear ya on the "creative testimony" part, but I'm stubborn enough to never grant them permission. That doesn't mean I'd try to stop an illegal search on the side of the road. You'll never win that battle. As a former policeman myself, I'm tired of officers like this giving all LEOs a bad name. Not trying to lessen the tact that you took, but that's why I have video camera on my phone.

Archived