TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Under Hood Tag "Buck" tag Question on late model Shelby GTH Cars

ryck

I am looking for, and haven't found yet, what the tag under the hood, on the radiator support should look like on the late model (06 - 07) Shelby Hertz Rental Cars....

I am looking at a couple hoping to buy one, and a couple of them have different style of tags under the hood..... I would have thought they would have all been the same on all Shelby GT-H cars.

I've seen a black tag with the CS logo in the upper coreners, and I've seen the silver with blue Shelby wording.... again both of these I have seen on late model Shelby Hertz cars. What should 06 cars have and what should 07 cars have? Is there a difference on the tags between coupes and converts?

I want to purchase one, but I want to make sure I am not looking at a clone or a fake tagged car...

Any one who knows for sure, I would appericate some help!

Thanks!

I am looking for, and haven't found yet, what the tag under the hood, on the radiator support should look like on the late model (06 - 07) Shelby Hertz Rental Cars....

I am looking at a couple hoping to buy one, and a couple of them have different style of tags under the hood..... I would have thought they would have all been the same on all Shelby GT-H cars.

I've seen a black tag with the CS logo in the upper coreners, and I've seen the silver with blue Shelby wording.... again both of these I have seen on late model Shelby Hertz cars. What should 06 cars have and what should 07 cars have? Is there a difference on the tags between coupes and converts?

I want to purchase one, but I want to make sure I am not looking at a clone or a fake tagged car...

Any one who knows for sure, I would appericate some help!

Thanks!

I don't have a picture but the 06 coupes are black tags. Check out the GTH thread, should be some pictures.

Here you go.

Steve

Cool Steve Thanks!

Those two styles I keep seeing when shoping for Hertz cars.

Two more questions.... Are all 06's the same and all 07's the same? In 07's are the Coupes and Convert tags the same?

Thanks!

Cool Steve Thanks!

Two more questions.... Are all 06's the same and all 07's the same? In 07's are the Coupes and Convert tags the same?

Thanks!

Shelby never made 2007 coupes at all. Here goes.

2006 Shelby produced 500 GT-H coupes all with black underhood plates from Shelby with a CSM06H... #. with no model designation except for the H in it's number.

2007 Shelby produced 500 GT-H Convertibles with Silver underhood plates from Shelby with a CSM07H...# as well............

BUT also designates "Shelby GT-H" on the plate.

Most important though.......You should never buy one of these cars without calling SHELBY first to confirm it's FORD vin# first. I know of a genuine GT-H which had ALL it's Shelby parts removed from the car and this includes the underhood plate we are talking about here..........Good Luck...Philip

Cool Steve Thanks!

Thanks!

Ryck, I'm not sure exactly what you are asking but all 06 Hertz engine plaques are the same when compared to another 06 Hertz. Same with all 07 Hertz cars. The plauqes are the same when compared to another 07 Hertz car.

As Phillip mentioned, there were 500 coupe Hertz cars for 2006 and 500 vert Hertz cars for 2007. In 2007 there was also a Shelby GT coupe but it was for retail Ford sales and did not have any Hertz badging.

Steve

Shelby never made 2007 coupes at all. Here goes.

2006 Shelby produced 500 GT-H coupes all with black underhood plates from Shelby with a CSM06H... #. with no model designation except for the H in it's number.

2007 Shelby produced 500 GT-H Convertibles with Silver underhood plates from Shelby with a CSM07H...# as well............

BUT also designates "Shelby GT-H" on the plate.

Most important though.......You should never buy one of these cars without calling SHELBY first to confirm it's FORD vin# first. I know of a genuine GT-H which had ALL it's Shelby parts removed from the car and this includes the underhood plate we are talking about here..........Good Luck...Philip

So who do you call specifically at Shelby to confirm the VIN# against the CSM#.

QSS

Archived