TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Only you guys would believe this s

Tammy

Okay got home friday with the car. Xmas party that night. We get up Saturday head out to Jax FL for a night away and to see Carlos Mencia. Everywhere we stop to get gas, get a room, get food the Mall everyone is checking out the car. Not to mention all the head turns on the hwy. I had no idea the car would attract that kind of attention. Before we got to the next town over we passed and saw the only shelby the entire trip a beau red/white coupe. If it's yours very, very nice. People would come over and shake dh hand. After we get to Jax i'm trying to remember the shop lambo referred to in his post. We stop at a buddy's and he sends up to a ricer tune shop! That guy says no no you need to see TONY ok whos TONY. He's speaking of Tony as he's the Ford god. So we find Tony's shop a block or so away and yep we've found it! There is a Shelby sitting in the shop he's building for a race car. He's not there he's doing a test and tune on two Shelbys' at the track. We get a card and go on about our evening. Sunday morning when we get up i'm begging dh to call Tony. (the helper guy says call him tomorrow or we would'nt have bothered him) No it's to early he says so we headed off to the mall to greet more on lookers and admires before we could get out of the car and in the mall. We walked the mall and i mention Tony again. Finally i got my husband to call. Oh it was great Tony's doing a dyno run at 1 and invites us by there. We finished at the mall shaking hands and talking to people while we loaded up the trunk. We get to Tony's and he walks out and we ask about a tune within 5 minutes he puts a tune in the car and tells up to drive. WOW i could'nt believe how much just a little $$ and time could do. Opened that baby right on up! So we get back and we have a price for exhuast, tune, dyno runs, cai and a rollbar, panarm and control bars(wheel hop). We ordered all of it! Except the rollbar. Tuesday is the big day for the install HEY that's tomorrow! I hope to post the dyno runs for you guys. Now here's the real kicker that car was driver across 5 states in the last 3 days no tag. I tell my husband you know I bet we don't make it home. Well we are bumping thru our beloved Folkston GA a small town with three red lights! We had stopped to get gas and pulled off. We are not making a sound just pulling off to a light and turn left to head home. My dh we are abou to get stopped before we got thru the second light boom! There it was. So the guy comes up dh gives the dl the guys shining the light all in the car asking about the car. My dh proclaims HE just got it. Oh Mr. Officer mentions he stops us because of the tag so dh flashes a temp tag off the dash. Which is just a temp tag from our car lot! He's told the officer he drove to MO to get it. He just waves off the tag and i offer to get the bill of sale and ins info if he'll allow me to pop the trunk. No worries we are fine btw can i see under the hood! WHAT!!!!!!! Geesh it's midnight and this kid has stopped us to see the car. And just so happens he just bought a 03 GT and if we have a minute he'd like to show us something, he comes back with a pic for his new hood he just ordered! LORD i can't believe this then DH gives him Tony's card to hook him up with some toys. He tells us if we come back that way he'd love for us to look him up if we ever need anything and he's also love to see the dyno sheets.LOL OMG now can anyone top that? He was so sweet but a stop and look. After we leave i mention to my husband that everyone he's talk to the entire weekend about the car he's referring to it as HIS new car. What's up with that? I did get to drive it twice the ENTIRE weekend. This morning i'm leaving before he gets up and taking the car with me! LOL

Ps: guys it's early and no i did'nt proof read this just sharing with you don't scold me for english and spelling errors please..... :)

LOL, ya got to love my little town of Folkston. They follow my GT all the time too. :rant: You found the right shop, Tony G is great. :hyper: I just talked to him on the phone the other night about mine. So far, Tony’s tune is making 489rwhp with no other mods. :happy feet: :happy feet:

It was great to meet him! He loved working with you and your wife on her GT. Oh YOUR GT.LOL I know your excited to come home and see your car. What color combo did you get? Oh that tune was amazing and it was just a safe tune nothing extreme. Man he knows his stuff. We are going to let him set up the car with all the goodies. Not for the track but just to get all we can get on the road nothing to extreme. I'm so excited to get the exhaust and cai and the dyno on tuesday. We are also going to get the control arm and panarm he suggested to control the wheel hop. What are the plans for yours?

It was great to meet him! He loved working with you and your wife on her GT. Oh YOUR GT.LOL I know your excited to come home and see your car. What color combo did you get? Oh that tune was amazing and it was just a safe tune nothing extreme. Man he knows his stuff. We are going to let him set up the car with all the goodies. Not for the track but just to get all we can get on the road nothing to extreme. I'm so excited to get the exhaust and cai and the dyno on tuesday. We are also going to get the control arm and panarm he suggested to control the wheel hop. What are the plans for yours?

Yep, he's great. That’s the way all the members of the club are, just great people and family orientated.

My plan, well lets just say he's got his work cut out for him. I'm not letting the cat out of the bag just yet but I will tell you when I see you and Dub in a couple weeks. I've got to seal the deal on the first mod. :spiteful:

My car is Alloy with out strips. :hyper: :hyper: I havn't even seen a GT 500 yet, Mine will be the first.

Lambo will your car be here when you get home? Your coming in this week or next? That's great i hope to get to see you and your car soon. I need to get some pics of our car up but it's dirty from the drive to jax. I am going to get it detailed today. I still can't bring myself to pull the plastic off the seats and floor or the dash. I really need to i guess. I'm going to order my tag today so hopefully it'll be here by christmas. I can't thank you enough for sharing Tony with us! He's great. And i look forward to seeing you at some mustang club meets.

Yep, he's great. That’s the way all the members of the club are, just great people and family orientated.

My plan, well lets just say he's got his work cut out for him. I'm not letting the cat out of the bag just yet but I will tell you when I see you and Dub in a couple weeks. I've got to seal the deal on the first mod. :spiteful:

My car is Alloy with out strips. :hyper: :hyper: I havn't even seen a GT 500 yet, Mine will be the first.

lambbo,

Is your assignment comming to a end in the mid east. Are you comming back for good or just a vacation to see your family ?

Archived