TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Powered By Ford badge

kahmann

Is anyone selling the PBF badges yet? If so, does anyone have a link? I'd like to get a set for my 66 restomod.

On a side note, what is this off of? It's not as nice as those on the SGT, but it's a big improvement over the classic ones built by Scott Drake, IMO.

powered_by_ford_badge1.jpg

So far I've only seen them on an SGT, on Ebay (stolen or from a wreck?) and a bonus if you buy a Ford Racing crate engine.

So far I've only seen them on an SGT, on Ebay (stolen or from a wreck?) and a bonus if you buy a Ford Racing crate engine.

That's a bummer on one hand but I guess it's good for the SGT on the other hand.

They have re-appeared on ebay lately. Not sure exactly how since Ford was supposed to have put a stop to retail sales on them.

At least they aren't selling for the previous winning bids. Still not cheap though.

Steve

You're right, that's the only place I've seen them for sale, so I assume they've all been pulled off a car or came with the FRPP crate engine like ilmor said.

The last set I saw on eBay went for $225. OUCH

I'd love to have a set as well, I think they are one of the best looking badges Ford has ever done. The ones on Ebay have come down a small amount, but still in the way high range.

For trivia's sake; There is one other car that came with that badge. What is it? (Yeah, it's a Mustang. And it only came with a specific package)

Is anyone selling the PBF badges yet? If so, does anyone have a link? I'd like to get a set for my 66 restomod.

On a side note, what is this off of? It's not as nice as those on the SGT, but it's a big improvement over the classic ones built by Scott Drake, IMO.

powered_by_ford_badge1.jpg

The badge from the pic you posted is/was a knockoff of the real badge. I'm guessing the company that made these knockoffs got their hand slapped pretty hard by Ford as they now hint that they will only produce them again without the Ford name.

Steve

All the ones I've seen on Ebay are new, not used. About 5 different sellers. So how are they getting them? One was stolen from my car before I bought it and the dealer had to file a police report before Shelby would send them another.

First off, the SGT and the PROTOTYPE Cobra Jet models are the only ones that have used the real Powered By Ford emblem. The production Cobra Jet that I last saw did not have fender emblems at all.

Second, there are real emblems that are sold on ebay- those are the ones that were purchased BEFORE Ford and Shelby decided not to openly sell them.

shelbygtpbf.jpg

Second, there are real emblems that are sold on ebay- those are the ones that were purchased BEFORE Ford and Shelby decided not to openly sell them.

I agree that the ones showing back up on ebay are OEM badges still with the protective tape. I'm not sure I agree that they all were purchased last year before Ford/Shelby stopped the retail sale of them.

I'm guessing that people are finding a way to get them still, legal or illegally. There are too many sellers in the past month that are putting them on ebay for the first time. I don't think that is a coincidence in my opinion.

Steve

I just looked at four or five Foose Stallions on ebay and none of them have the Powered By Ford badges. They all have a Foose emblem on the fenders.

I wonder if that magazine article was using a prototype Foose Stallion which was wearing the PBF badges?

Steve

It was/is the 2008 Cobra Jet with the optional graphics package. The prototypes had them as well as the 4 or 5 cars that came with the $2K+ option. The rest of the '08 Cobra Jets have the stickers with the snake burning rubber. Apparently there will be a medalion version of that logo on the 2010 Cobra Jets...from what I have been told.

All the ones I've seen on Ebay are new, not used. About 5 different sellers. So how are they getting them? One was stolen from my car before I bought it and the dealer had to file a police report before Shelby would send them another.

That one ebay seller has been putting up a set on ebay each week for the last month.

Steve

That one ebay seller has been putting up a set on ebay each week for the last month.

Steve

Well it appears there are now two more sellers on ebay with these NOS badges.

If Ford can't stem the sale of these badges like SAI asked them to I'm at the point of then let everyone in on them. I wouldn't mind having a spare or two.

Steve

Well it appears there are now two more sellers on ebay with these NOS badges.

If Ford can't stem the sale of these badges like SAI asked them to I'm at the point of then let everyone in on them. I wouldn't mind having a spare or two.

Steve

I'm not giving up! They should be available only to Owners of cars that had them installed as OEM equipment.

I'm not giving up! They should be available only to Owners of cars that had them installed as OEM equipment.

That would be pretty sweet.

I'm certainly NOT paying $200-$300 just for these things though. That seems a little nuts doesn't it?!

Ken

• 5 weeks later...
Thanks for the pics AFB. The article says the Foose Mustang used was a prototype. Wonder why the PBF badges were not used.

I went to Foose's website but couldn't find anything. I'm guessing he wants to stay as far away as he can from the Unique Performance name.

Steve

The "powered by Ford" badge on that Foose mustang in Mustang Monthly article was actually put on by Ford for the 06 SEMA show since it is powered by a whipple supercharger (which is what the "Super Stallion" was planned to use). This is at least what the guy I bought the car from who worked for Unique Performance at the time told me... This is a bad photo from SEMA since you cant see the badge with the sign in the way, but you get the idea..

post-25443-1245360830_thumb.jpg

post-25443-1245360830_thumb.jpg

The "powered by Ford" badge on that Foose mustang in Mustang Monthly article was actually put on by Ford for the 06 SEMA show since it is powered by a whipple supercharger (which is what the "Super Stallion" was planned to use). This is at least what the guy I bought the car from who worked for Unique Performance at the time told me... This is a bad photo from SEMA since you cant see the badge with the sign in the way, but you get the idea..

So this Foose is yours? Do you have any better photos of it that you've taken?

Ken

Great looking car :)

Archived