TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Powered By Ford badge

kahmann

Guest hfrosso

I got a set of these badges from ford when they changed my stock muffler for the KR muffler, and i was goig to sell it also (had no idea that they where so hard to get it) then everyone told me don't sell it!

I just can't really find any use for them. :headscratch:

I got a set of these badges from ford when they changed my stock muffler for the KR muffler, and i was goig to sell it also (had no idea that they where so hard to get it) then everyone told me don't sell it!

Sell them... TO ME! :)

Seriously though, I really want to put a set of these on my 66 fastback resto-mod.

I just can't seem to track any down. :headscratch:

Ken

They come with the KF mufflers? They were giving these away with some crate engines at one time too. They go for about $200-$280 on ebay.

Guest hfrosso
They come with the KF mufflers? They were giving these away with some crate engines at one time too. They go for about $200-$280 on ebay.

No they don't come with the KR muffler.

they just gave it to me, it was at a car show, i didn't even ask for!!!!

Guest hfrosso
Sell them... TO ME! :)

Seriously though, I really want to put a set of these on my 66 fastback resto-mod.

I just can't seem to track any down. :headscratch:

Ken

i'll send you a pm.

make that 7 on the lighters.......I need help! :baby:

Wicked,

Don't feel bad... I bought one, and I don't even smoke... Other than one more thing to look cool (ie, collect dust on the shelf), I have absolutely NO USE for a PBF Lighter... I think we ALL need help :hysterical:

EDIT ~ Looks like he's down to 6... Somebody needs to fess up :finger:

Gregg

07SGT0547

Wicked,

Don't feel bad... I bought one, and I don't even smoke... Other than one more thing to look cool (ie, collect dust on the shelf), I have absolutely NO USE for a PBF Lighter... I think we ALL need help :hysterical:

EDIT ~ Looks like he's down to 6... Somebody needs to fess up :finger:

Gregg

07SGT0547

Heh.

I need to fess up like I need a cigarette lighter. I quit smoking thirty years ago September 20th, after thirty years and thousands of packs and dollars, many of them lighted up by Zippos.

Ordered one of the Powered By Ford lighters and received it today. Looks good displayed among my 1:43 GT40 collection.

I also ordered a Mustang 45th Anniversary lighter, and had it engraved, $12.00 worth. Just in case my photographic skills obfuscate the text (I can do better), it says:

2009 GT/CS

California

Special

1ZVHT82H495101485

Build Date

5-27-2008

It's actually all chrome, looks black because of the background reflection I set up to highlight the text. Looks good among the 1:43 Cobras parked in my livingroom display cases.

Amazingly, it arrived in the same envelope as the PBF item.

I am indebted to the posters who called my attention to these.

GTCS_ZppoBack40294.jpgGTCS_ZippoFront40293.jpg

• 4 months later...
Is anyone selling the PBF badges yet? If so, does anyone have a link? I'd like to get a set for my 66 restomod.

On a side note, what is this off of? It's not as nice as those on the SGT, but it's a big improvement over the classic ones built by Scott Drake, IMO.

powered_by_ford_badge1.jpg

,,,,well this is your lucky day my friend,,,YES I have one,,for you $ 100.00,,or if anyone else would like it if you say no,, :happy feet: 815800_R1_08_7A.jpg

815800_R1_08_7A.jpg

I would imagine that these badges are still available since they put them on the new COBRA JET at SEMA.

Made and "available" are often two different things. As of now they are still not generally "available" for sale to the general public except as part of some other offering where later they sometimes end up on ebay.

Knowing how Ford's marketing bean counters think, I don't see see it being much longer before the PBF badges become a Ford Racing part number, especially with the 500CJ continuing to be produced.

I mean you can basically make a GT500 with all the emblems available, and clone a 65-66 GT350. What would it matter to have the PBF emblems, other then they would become the next emblem "Belly Button" at Mustang meets...everyone would have them. It would be unfair to SGT, FR500 and crate motor owners though.

I have a lot of ties with people behind the scenes and I can't score any. Those that can get them prefer to take the ebay route. Probably under a friend or family member's account to not lose their job.

Before I pay $250 for some silly badges (lost out on 2 sets on ebay being cheap) I'll just get some CNC custom ones with my company logo and "Powered by <my company name here>".

The guy make the custome billet ones did get a warning call and a cease and assist from Ford legal.

Archived