TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Help Please - Any Technical Advice - Paxxton S/C

5/5/09

Help Please formum experts! My Bad Black Mustang that competed so well at Sebring a few weeks ago has turned off on me and will not run. Luckily (or not) just two houses from my home. Starts and idles but when revved the engine light and wrench comes on and the cars shuts off. Here are the codes it throws each time:

PO102 Mass or Volume Air flow Circuit Low Input

P1000 OBD system Reading (recognizing the custom tune)

P2105 Throttle Actuator Controls System - Forced Engine shutdown

The dash gauge wrench means "Electronic Throttle Control - Limp Home Mode" according to the manual. It does not limp - it immediately turns off!

I have cleared the codes; disconnected the battery / discharged the system, checked all connections, hoses, etc. and last night purchase and installed a new stock throttle body at my expense ($330) at Ford's recommendation. Apparently they fail reguarly. I paid for peace of mind rather than having a third party tow under warranty. It is doing the same thing so must be something related to the Shelby/Paxton/Predator tune system.

ANY troubleshooting advice would be greatly appreciated before I have towed.

Thank you in advance for any help.

Doug Nash

5/5/09

Help Please formum experts! My Bad Black Mustang that competed so well at Sebring a few weeks ago has turned off on me and will not run. Luckily (or not) just two houses from my home. Starts and idles but when revved the engine light and wrench comes on and the cars shuts off. Here are the codes it throws each time:

PO102 Mass or Volume Air flow Circuit Low Input

P1000 OBD system Reading (recognizing the custom tune)

P2105 Throttle Actuator Controls System - Forced Engine shutdown

The dash gauge wrench means "Electronic Throttle Control - Limp Home Mode" according to the manual. It does not limp - it immediately turns off!

I have cleared the codes; disconnected the battery / discharged the system, checked all connections, hoses, etc. and last night purchase and installed a new stock throttle body at my expense ($330) at Ford's recommendation. Apparently they fail reguarly. I paid for peace of mind rather than having a third party tow under warranty. It is doing the same thing so must be something related to the Shelby/Paxton/Predator tune system.

ANY troubleshooting advice would be greatly appreciated before I have towed.

Thank you in advance for any help.

Doug Nash

Doug,

Did you very the voltage at the throttle postion sensor? If within spec, mass air sensor good/bad? May sound basic but, is the air filter clean/not obstructed (happens) very sensitve with supercharger and newer mass air systems. Fuel pressure? Fuel filter? I personaly have only seen 1 issue with the throttle body and it was the throttle postion sensor. I keep a spare as well as a mass air sensor. Just some ideas. Please post when you find the issue for future reference.

Jeff

Try disconnecting the MAF sensor plug on the Cold Air Intake. If it drives OK at low speeds (under 30 mph) then drive it (or tow it) to VMP or Tampa Bay Shrlelby.

Another thing to check is see if you can spot any loose connections on the blue hoses coming off of the CAI, SC head unit, or charge core cooler.

Good Luck....

Archived