TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Shelby GT-H on e-bay

crispy23c

As they say in the car business: "There's an ass for every seat". This car is no different from any other GT-H, it just has lower mileage. If it had "0" mileage....that would be more significant. The rest will be auctioned off when the hit 15,000 miles or so-- the delta in mileage is not significant. To each his/her own, I guess...

Just re-listed, currently at $80,000 with 3hrs and 51 minutes, reserve not met, 22 bids. This dealer paid $90K @ auction, doesn't look like he'll make his money back this round. He'll probably re-list (again)... :doh:

How did you find out he paid that?

Mike

I was under the impression that all the GT-H's had to go back to Ford and be auctioned through their dealer auction system - but I just got done talking to some people I know who own a Hertz franchise and they said they own the car and they are keeping it. I didn't think that would be possible, but apparently it is. What a great deal to be able to tuck it away, it's such a rare car. I would much rather have a manual transmission - but in this case I would make the sacrifice!

I agree and disagree. Typically, a rare car has some cache to it. For example, if the Shelby GT was not faster, but as fast, this may hold true, but these cars are only in automatic, with traction control locked on (you can disable). I guess I'm saying that rarity is a factor, but so is history & relevant performance. Cool car nonetheless.

By the way, the one with 5,600 miles got a "buy it now" option for......are you ready?................US $109,995.00 :drop:

I rented one last week in Orlando for two days, totally unimpressed. My 2006 GT with 5 speed has a better ride and more pick-up, they originally had 40 in Orlando and are now down to 20. Almost all of them have serious scratchs and dents around hood latch pins and rear bumper (where luggage has been placed). Most of them have about 9,000 miles, manager said he has to return them to Ford at the end of their cycle for auctioning. I still wait and take my GT500.

Interesting. See, my thought is that the real killer could be the Shelby GT with the Shelby S/C option. 400-ish HP and 500 lbs less than the '500 would make this car:

- a few 10ths slower than the '500 0-60;

-corner better than the '500;

-destroy the GT-H

-around $40k-ish MSRP, with s/c

Good value.

And with only 6,000 produced (1500 black 5 spd, 1500 black auto, 1500 white 5 spd, 1500 white auto), much rarer than the '500. This car, as a collector, should be a better long-term keeper. Just my opinion.

Me? I would just drive the damn wheels off the thing! :shift: :burnout:

edit:

The Shelby GT-H with 5600 miles did not meet reserve:

Last bid: $72,100.00

Buy it now price was $109,995.00

Poor dealer! :cry::cry::cry:

• 3 weeks later...

Update:

GT-H cars are dropping quickly. e-bay's "buy it now" prices on these cars have dropped (in some cases) by as much as $20k from the first 2 cars-- others are now asking $65k. That is a significant drop in a very short time frame. I think that the Shelby GT is having an impact on this as the GT is essentially the same car, but with a stick option, brand new & unabused. Most folks aren't collectors, they are drivers. Logic would dictate- why buy a beat-up rental for $60k-$80k when I can get a new, undriven one for $36,970?

So, I think that there is alot less market pressure than the dealers initially predicted. Those dealers that bought early will take a bath, and other dealers must have taken notice and shied away due to the risk. As auction cars buid up, the glut could cause a quick market correction.....hmmmmmmmmmmm, interesting!

***Also, on the 21st of December, 21 GT-Hs went through Manheim (PA) auction. Suprisingly many did not sell. 7 were offered from a prior Denver auction and they were no sells also. The inflated H-bubble could be collapsing.

Update:

GT-H cars are dropping quickly. e-bay's "buy it now" prices on these cars have dropped (in some cases) by as much as $20k from the first 2 cars-- others are now asking $65k. That is a significant drop in a very short time frame. I think that the Shelby GT is having an impact on this as the GT is essentially the same car, but with a stick option, brand new & unabused. Most folks aren't collectors, they are drivers. Logic would dictate- why buy a beat-up rental for $60k-$80k when I can get a new, undriven one for $36,970?

So, I think that there is alot less market pressure than the dealers initially predicted. Those dealers that bought early will take a bath, and other dealers must have taken notice and shied away due to the risk. As auction cars buid up, the glut could cause a quick market correction.....hmmmmmmmmmmm, interesting!

***Also, on the 21st of December, 21 GT-Hs went through Manheim (PA) auction. Suprisingly many did not sell. 7 were offered from a prior Denver auction and they were no sells also. The inflated H-bubble could be collapsing.

Good news. Let the dealers eat it. :finger:

after watching many Hertz cars get abused on you tube, It really makes you reconsider buying one!!

Yep, for sure. Plus, you can get a new one (more or less--the Shelby GT) for less money. I'm sure this has dawned on more than a few folks. I think that's why the prices keep dropping on these, and Manheim auctions aren't bringing the prices expected--after only the 2nd auction!

Yep, for sure. Plus, you can get a new one (more or less--the Shelby GT) for less money. I'm sure this has dawned on more than a few folks. I think that's why the prices keep dropping on these, and Manheim auctions aren't bringing the prices expected--after only the 2nd auction!

It will be interesting to see if any of these cars roll across the block at Barret Jackson.....The idiots with too much money caught up in the hype of lights, TV and crowd would probably drive the Hs back up. Craig Jackson does know how to get the most money for the sellers=commision for the auction house.

It will be interesting to see if any of these cars roll across the block at Barret Jackson.....The idiots with too much money caught up in the hype of lights, TV and crowd would probably drive the Hs back up. Craig Jackson does know how to get the most money for the sellers=commision for the auction house.

It's like a bad accident.....hard to look away from these things, no matter how much you don't want to look! :doh:

I'll be sure to post results, good or bad...

The H's aren't getting the action anymore (on ebay).....things have calmed down even further since the last update. Some aren't getting any bites at all. Not really too surprising since the starting prices and reserves are so high on these. I think that the next round of auctions might include a free reality slap. :finger:

I know that the required 'starting' bids on Manheim were high to begin with, and the dealers weren't biting on the 2nd auction. The third auction should be a real eye-opener. Not that I think these cars are valueless, just that I think they were highly inflated, and now there is a correction occuring.....

Stay tuned............... :hyper: :hyper: :hyper:

edit- there are currently 9 on ebay...

• 3 weeks later...
Update: "Buy it now" on ebay for $59,990...

Maybe they'll be down around $40,000.00 one day.

That would be reasonable!

• 1 month later...

The reason they're dropping in price is because people realize that even only 10K "rental" miles can age a vehicle quite a bit...most of them were driven pretty hard (God knows how many different motorists punched the throttle on these GT-H's) and you could end up sinking some serious $$$ to ensure they run right...

The reason they're dropping in price is because people realize that even only 10K "rental" miles can age a vehicle quite a bit...most of them were driven pretty hard (God knows how many different motorists punched the throttle on these GT-H's) and you could end up sinking some serious $$$ to ensure they run right...

I don't entirely agree. I think that's one reason.

Another is that the Shelby GT is essentially the same car, but it's BRAND NEW, with a FULL warranty, you have a choice of Auto or Stick, you can get the same hood as the -H, and you can option it out-- even with a Supercharger! :hyper: Yummmmm.....

Archived