TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Speaking of Warranties

I was thinking that in a month I will have 12 months remaining on my Ford Warranty 36/36 bumper to bumper and thought about getting the extended warranty but that got me thinking if the FRPP parts that have been installed in place of the factory parts would fall under that new extended warranty or not. I suspect not, but on the other hand I would think yes. The SGT warranty simply warranties the new parts for the same length of time the factory parts are so why wouldn't that be able to be extended too?

Anyway...I haven't looked into it but thought I would throw it out there and see if anyone else had or if any of our dealer friends had any info.

I was thinking that in a month I will have 12 months remaining on my Ford Warranty 36/36 bumper to bumper and thought about getting the extended warranty but that got me thinking if the FRPP parts that have been installed in place of the factory parts would fall under that new extended warranty or not. I suspect not, but on the other hand I would think yes. The SGT warranty simply warranties the new parts for the same length of time the factory parts are so why wouldn't that be able to be extended too?

Anyway...I haven't looked into it but thought I would throw it out there and see if anyone else had or if any of our dealer friends had any info.

I would think so since they were installed before the car was sold. I believe dealer installed accessories are the same. If they were installed before the car was sold they are covered by the factory vehicle warranty but if they are installed after the purchase, even by the selling dealer, they are only covered by the shorter replacement parts warranty.

Steve

I would think so since they were installed before the car was sold. I believe dealer installed accessories are the same. If they were installed before the car was sold they are covered by the factory vehicle warranty but if they are installed after the purchase, even by the selling dealer, they are only covered by the shorter replacement parts warranty.

Steve

That is correct, also you have the 5/60K powertrain warranty!

That's what we're trying to find out.

Since you purchased it maybe you can call the support number and ask?

I would ask...

"Is the sway bar covered?"

"Is then the updated sway bar that was installed also covered?"

"Can I get that in writing?"

Does anyone have anything written that says this?

I would be interested in buying the extended if that were the case.

Try contacting MM. I seem to recall he contacted the warranty program before about Shelby part coverage and even he got two different answers.

I forget what exact part he was asking about though.

Steve

What is the cost of an extended warranty?

How many years?

Except for the Shelby parts question, is it bumper-to-bumper like the original?

What is the cost of an extended warranty?

How many years?

Except for the Shelby parts question, is it bumper-to-bumper like the original?

I bought the extended warranty before mine left the show room. I think it was only about $1000 throught Ford and for 5 years. I will look for my contrack and let yo know more later. The cost could be more for a 2 year old car now. Found the warranty contrack. I says it expires 3/10/2014 but it also says 36000 miles. ? If you put on alot of mile that won't be much help. This is the Ford Extended Plan. Also have 4 pages stating the Shelby Parts are for 3 or 36000. That does not tell us any thing about the FRPP parts being extended. Rick

Jeff,

We bought the extended warranty when we bought the car. They had all kinds of mileage/years options and, if my memory serves me well, we went for the 6 year 50,000 bumper to bumper for like $900 or so. I know it's in the Ford computer system because the service manager comfirmed it last time I was in. I'll try to get up with him today sometime and let you know what he says.

Chuck

Jeff,

We bought the extended warranty when we bought the car. They had all kinds of mileage/years options and, if my memory serves me well, we went for the 6 year 50,000 bumper to bumper for like $900 or so. I know it's in the Ford computer system because the service manager comfirmed it last time I was in. I'll try to get up with him today sometime and let you know what he says.

Chuck

Thanks! I need to decide before the factory warranty runs out and if it covers the installed FRPP parts it might just put me into the "buy" zone!

Jeff,

My dealer says no, FRPP are on their own warranty but....he did not call to verify. He said he'd rather not shake that chain unless we had to and since I've no problems right now and still under warranty he wasn't calling. I guess that isn't much help, sorry.

Chuck

Jeff,

My dealer says no, FRPP are on their own warranty but....he did not call to verify. He said he'd rather not shake that chain unless we had to and since I've no problems right now and still under warranty he wasn't calling. I guess that isn't much help, sorry.

Chuck

Gotcha...understand.

Thanks for asking!

Archived