TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Now I Wish I did not do the TSB

idareu

After reading so many posts on the TSB for the tranny I got mine done.

After five days of not knowing what or how was touching my car the dealer said its done.

I did that hiss test and it would hiss while pushing the clutch down but not while it was fully depressed. I thought the hiss while pushing it down was not normal, but grabber thinks it is so I thought maybye my car is ok. But it was built before the date so I thought better to be safe than soory.

So I go and pick up my car and when I get in my car and push down my clutch the first thing I notice is how much less presure it took to push in the clutch. I had a 03 cobra and the clutch was like the gT500 in that it is a workout pushing it in.

Now it is so easy and soft I thought maybe that is how it should be? so i drive the car for about two tenths of a mile and then I hear GLUUUTCHHHHHHHHHHH sound in first gear. I take it out of gear thinking maybe it was not in gear. Then I drive again and her GLLUUUUTCHHHHHHHH SCUURRRR sound from first second and third. I turn right around and bring it back to Ford.

Today they call and say the car is done. They say the sycros needed to be replaced which is what I thought the Tsb specified to be done. I asked the dealer how did you get the part so quick, I picked my car up on Sat and on Monday night they said it was ready. They said they must of had the part in stock, would the syncros for a GT500 be a part a ford dealer would stock??

anyways now when I tab on my clutch pedal it seems like it dripples back at me and is very soft. There is no hiss when pushing the clutch in is this normal?

After five days of not knowing what or how was touching my car the dealer said its done.

I did that hiss test and it would hiss while pushing the clutch down but not while it was fully depressed. I thought the hiss while pushing it down was not normal, but grabber thinks it is so I thought maybye my car is ok. But it was built before the date so I thought better to be safe than soory.

So I go and pick up my car and when I get in my car and push down my clutch the first thing I notice is how much less presure it took to push in the clutch. I had a 03 cobra and the clutch was like the gT500 in that it is a workout pushing it in.

Now it is so easy and soft I thought maybe that is how it should be? so i drive the car for about two tenths of a mile and then I hear GLUUUTCHHHHHHHHHHH sound in first gear. I take it out of gear thinking maybe it was not in gear. Then I drive again and her GLLUUUUTCHHHHHHHH SCUURRRR sound from first second and third. I turn right around and bring it back to Ford.

Today they call and say the car is done. They say the sycros needed to be replaced which is what I thought the Tsb specified to be done. I asked the dealer how did you get the part so quick, I picked my car up on Sat and on Monday night they said it was ready. They said they must of had the part in stock, would the syncros for a GT500 be a part a ford dealer would stock??

anyways now when I tab on my clutch pedal it seems like it dripples back at me and is very soft. There is no hiss when pushing the clutch in is this normal?

After the TsB the clutch does take less effort to work but its not to make all the noise your describing. Did you read what the TSB requires in parts, the synchros & input shaft were part of the list & your dealer should have done them the first go around. Looks like the dealer doesn`t know about it but they should have. Check your first bill that will have a list of what they changed . Also ask them if they changed output shaft nut on the tranny as this part is listed to be changed in the Ford manual. Good Luck.

Did you get a list of parts that were replaced? They replaced over $4k in parts on my car. I asked to see the parts and took photo's of them. I received paperwork telling me what was replaced and the cost. Ask the dealer.

You have some air in the slave cylinder/lines, you can easily remove it by pumping the clutch pedal half way several times. You might have to repeat the procedure a few times. I would not worry about what they did when, as long as it works good now. My 2 cents, should help.

They said they must of had the part in stock, would the syncros for a GT500 be a part a ford dealer would stock??

That really depends on the dealer. I know that one local dealer near me that has stock like no other and then another dealer that stocks almost nothing. So I would not be surprised if they had them in stock. Especially if they have done some other TSB's before your car.

Sorry to hear about your experience. It sounds like the full TSB was not performed the first time. I just received mine back last week. The clutch IS very soft, and there is a little travel before the clutch actually engages, but pump your bakes (I think about 20 times) before you start the car each time and that will help bleed the rest of the air out. My tech bled the system twice, I think he said. Now that you have the synchros in, hopefully you won't have any more problems.

Clutch hiss is normal when engaging/disengaging the clutch. It is NOT, however, normal if the clutch is fully depressed to the floor. I have not had mine out long enough to really listen for the hiss, but I want to say that it is there (just less than the stock clutch). I think that you did the right think by having the TSB done, as it will become needed fix eventually, IMO.

How is it acting now?

It seems common for the clutch to feel soft at first. Mine was just like that, but after the 35 mile drive home through town, stop lights, etc. it already started to firm up. One day and 15 miles later...pressure was just like original. Only now there are no issues with any aspects of shifting.

Just got mine back and 1st gear on deceleration with the car in 1st the gear screams and as i get into lower rpms you can hear a clunk every rotation of the gear. My dealer is now saying that that is gear rattle and theres nothing they can do about it.

Just got mine back and 1st gear on deceleration with the car in 1st the gear screams and as i get into lower rpms you can hear a clunk every rotation of the gear. My dealer is now saying that that is gear rattle and theres nothing they can do about it.

I would DEFINITELY be taking that back. Have they done the TSB on previous GT500's, BroodNV?

They :censored: it up.........Then your nobody to them............ :banghead:

I just drove my car again and I couldn't be happier with the results. I really paid attention to it based on the comments on this thread. The clutch feels great with very little chatter. The real difference is in the shifting as it goes through all gears like butter. It is hard to explain but it never felt this good even when the car was new. Apparently, the guy who did mine has done many, many of these and he is real good. All I could suggest is use a SVT tech who knows what the hell he is doing. I traveled 9 hours to get to the dealer who did my car. Hopefully, after they replace the parts in the tranny, you will be more pleased with the results. Good luck!

Thanks for the replies.

I now have the work order. here is what was done.

Relaced input shaft synchor assembly clutch disc+ plate assy and the flywheel. Hydraulic bleed of clutch master cylinder.

Drove it a little more today there is no hiss sound at all when pushing in the clutch which many hear say there should be a hissing sound. The pedal does seem alittle firmer but is still really soft compared to how it was.

When I picked up my Shelby after the TSB i drove it right back to the dealership, didn't even make it out of the parking lot. The clutch was so limp wristed. They said give it a day. So I did, I drove just 3 blocks and it firmed right up. Shifts are so smooth and pedal pressure is perfect.

Took my car back to Wayne Ford for the 3rd time to complain about the insane noise in the trans. yesterday and was told they will see what they can do. Was contacted by someone from Ford and told that the dealer said everything is normal and there is nothing they can do. i said there was no way that it is normal and they said i should take it to another dealer and get a 2nd opinion.

So i took the car to Fette ford and got someone to take it out for a test drive. He got about 500 feet and started laughing saying whoever did this had no clue what they were doing. Got back to the dealer and said they couldnt do anything to help me as they can't go back and fix another dealers bad work as Ford would bounce the problem back to them. they said to take it back to to Wayne and complain.

Took it back to them now and they said they will put a request into a cuddle(?) and put a request in for a traveling engineer to check out the car....... so now i need to wait for a call on that.

I have no clue why im being put through this crap when it is obvious that they F'd up my trans and now refusing to fix it.

Took my car back to Wayne Ford for the 3rd time to complain about the insane noise in the trans. yesterday and was told they will see what they can do. Was contacted by someone from Ford and told that the dealer said everything is normal and there is nothing they can do. i said there was no way that it is normal and they said i should take it to another dealer and get a 2nd opinion.

So i took the car to Fette ford and got someone to take it out for a test drive. He got about 500 feet and started laughing saying whoever did this had no clue what they were doing. Got back to the dealer and said they couldnt do anything to help me as they can't go back and fix another dealers bad work as Ford would bounce the problem back to them. they said to take it back to to Wayne and complain.

Took it back to them now and they said they will put a request into a cuddle(?) and put a request in for a traveling engineer to check out the car....... so now i need to wait for a call on that.

I have no clue why im being put through this crap when it is obvious that they F'd up my trans and now refusing to fix it.

BoodNV - that sounds like the pits! At least you have the piece of mind/confirmation now that something isn't right. Now that you have that confirmed, hopefully Wayne will get you on the road!! I can only imagine that there is a positive outcome with your situation. Work with them - they will make it right.

Good luck!!

BoodNV - that sounds like the pits! At least you have the piece of mind/confirmation now that something isn't right. Now that you have that confirmed, hopefully Wayne will get you on the road!! I can only imagine that there is a positive outcome with your situation. Work with them - they will make it right.

Good luck!!

Lol they really seem to get disgusted when i show up. They really do not want to be bothered with me.

Lol they really seem to get disgusted when i show up. They really do not want to be bothered with me.

OH WELL - their goof up! If they have good customer service (which appears they may be lacking there a little?), they really should work with you. My tranny guy was a little irritated when I took mine back to have the "shudder" diagnosed (and it's still at the dealership), but they're taking the steps and putting a new drive shaft in (a little reluctantly, perhaps). I've given them nothing but praise even though I'm a little irritated. Bottom line is, they're good people (every one is) - you just have to level with them once in a while. I took the tranny guy out for a ride when I brought the Shelby back to him, and he seemed a little... "suspicious" that he may not be able to help me out. I told him that it probably wasn't something that he did, and that the shudder definitely was a malfunction that wasn't there before he did the TSB, and he knew it... next I heard, he had ordered a new drive shaft for it.

Long story short, I think that it's easy to see when a dealership is put on the defensive (not intentionally), like they are in your situation. Unfortunately, it really doesn't sound like the guys at Wayne know what's going. SO, when you have a third party come in I think it causes them to feel a little trampled on. Feel rest assured that you are in the right though, and they will come around.

I would talk to the regional Ford Rep........

You should not be forced to deal with them........

I might consider this, too... The last thing Wayne Ford wants is bad rep from one of their patrons, but you might have to walk up the chain of command to get some results. Just be tactful! It will all work out.

I have an 09, made in July so right before the new flywheel went in. I have never heard the HISS ever when the clutch is depressed. Not once, ever. I also have never had any problems with the car, has 1400 miles on it (knock on wood). As far as pedal pressure, it is stiff but not ridiculously so. I have read a lot about the TSB but I wonder, in the back of my mind, despite how "normal" the hiss is supposed to be, if this isn't related....hmmm....

My .02, good luck.

It seems common for the clutch to feel soft at first. Mine was just like that, but after the 35 mile drive home through town, stop lights, etc. it already started to firm up. One day and 15 miles later...pressure was just like original. Only now there are no issues with any aspects of shifting.

+1 Both times I had mine replaced.

Start workin your way up the "guy in charge ladder" and start makin a stink! Let them know you will have no problem contacting the press!! Given it is a Shelby I am sure someone will jump to attention!! remember the screamin wheel gets the grease. Plus they will have no want for people to publicly know that their dealership gives shoddy service and the ford higher ups won't want it to see light of day either. Use the press tactic it usually works.

• 2 weeks later...

They tore down the trans now and the FSE told them to order a new Trans. He saw some wear in 2st and 2nd gear but couldn't figure out what was causing it so instead of having them rebuild 1st and 2nd risking screwing it up again he decided to have them replace it completely. So now on week 5 without my car and having to wait for the trans to come in now.

They tore down the trans now and the FSE told them to order a new Trans. He saw some wear in 2st and 2nd gear but couldn't figure out what was causing it so instead of having them rebuild 1st and 2nd risking screwing it up again he decided to have them replace it completely. So now on week 5 without my car and having to wait for the trans to come in now.

You will be happy with the new tranny, glad to hear they are doing the right thing.

• 1 month later...

BroodNV If they give you a brand new trany does that mean you won`t have a numbers matching car ? Correct me if I am wrong, but doesn`t the trany have the V.I.N. number in the casing ? It might be worth asking about.

BroodNV If they give you a brand new trany does that mean you won`t have a numbers matching car ? Correct me if I am wrong, but doesn`t the trany have the V.I.N. number in the casing ? It might be worth asking about.

The transmission does have the vin etched into the case. So you are correct it would not be numbers matching, but most people don't consider a transmission replaced by Ford to be any kind of issue.

Better to have a good transmission than numbers matching IMO.

Seems like most people had really good luck getting the original repaired and some ended up with a new transmission.

Archived