TEAM SHELBY FORUM

How would you handle owning your Shelby for 15 minutes with 69 miles on her...

So sad! I went to pick up my Shelby at O'Meara Ford in Brighton, Co (had the stripes redone) and saw a black Shelby (not sure if it was GT or GT500) all banged up. Dale told me the guy drove it off the lot and 15 minutes later someone pulled out in front of him. I'd probably be in jail for assault if that was me.

69 miles in 15 minutes = 276 MPH!!! No wonder he get in a wreck... Just kidding.

Having experienced the pain myself, I feel for someone to have their car damaged.

Keith

So sad! I went to pick up my Shelby at O'Meara Ford in Brighton, Co (had the stripes redone) and saw a black Shelby (not sure if it was GT or GT500) all banged up. Dale told me the guy drove it off the lot and 15 minutes later someone pulled out in front of him. I'd probably be in jail for assault if that was me.

Me too! This is just not right!

CC

I'd be on death row, appealing the case as justifialbe homicide since it wasn't my fault and my Shelby was involved. :hysterical:

Dale told me the guy drove it off the lot and 15 minutes later someone pulled out in front of him. I'd probably be in jail for assault if that was me.

Hi all, been lurking for a while now. Good reading here!

That almost happened to me before I even bought the car.

Was leaving the dealership on test drive. Made a rt turn onto the far rt lane of a 5 lane street. I noticed another car making a left turn from a dealership across the street and for some reason I got the feeling that he/she wasn't going to stay out of my lane so I accelerated to get on by. I noticed that he/she straddled the dividing line between the two lanes going in my direction and stayed that way for a good distance. :rant:

Defensive driving does pay off!

Say it ain't so Mo. You had me there for a second. I thought you and the hubby bought a new car

and it got crunched. Glad to know it was not your guys car. Hope you all are doing good.

Scotty

This situation begs the question, having a Shelby for 15 minutes and less than 100 miles, would you accept the car after the insurance company had it in a body shop and made all the necessary repairs?

Think about it, you buy a brand new car and the second time you get to drive it, it is coming from a body shop :banghead: I don't think I would accept it. They could never fix it to my satisfaction--I bought a brand new car!!

This situation begs the question, having a Shelby for 15 minutes and less than 100 miles, would you accept the car after the insurance company had it in a body shop and made all the necessary repairs?

Think about it, you buy a brand new car and the second time you get to drive it, it is coming from a body shop :banghead: I don't think I would accept it. They could never fix it to my satisfaction--I bought a brand new car!!

What are your options. If you signed on the dotted line it is your car and not the dealership's car. You have to accept it. What are your options?

What are your options. If you signed on the dotted line it is your car and not the dealership's car. You have to accept it. What are your options?

I understand the dealership has no responsibility, my concern is the other guys insurance company. They are going to want to pay for a repair but that isn't what you purchased 20 minutes earlier. If I wanted a damage repair vehicle I could have purchased one for half the price on ebay. I would just have a problem with accepting a Shelby with less than 100 miles on it that had already been to the body shop for a rebuild :headscratch:

I understand the dealership has no responsibility, my concern is the other guys insurance company. They are going to want to pay for a repair but that isn't what you purchased 20 minutes earlier. If I wanted a damage repair vehicle I could have purchased one for half the price on ebay. I would just have a problem with accepting a Shelby with less than 100 miles on it that had already been to the body shop for a rebuild :headscratch:

The repaired car has a lower value than an unrepaired new one. You are entitled to recover that loss, in additon to the repairs.

IE they pay for the repairs and then cut you a check for diminshed value. Been there done that. The diminished value check is a negotiation. I got $2500 on a one year old 98 Cobra for a fairly minor rear fender repair from a landscape trailer kiss.

It's common knowledge that as soon as you drive the car out of the dealership it's no longer "new" and has depreciated from what it was worth 10 feet and ten seconds prior...

Archived