TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Adventures in warranty repairs

Well, finally, after nearly 10 months of bugging my local Ford dealership to put in for the hood scoop fix and bubbling around the hood pins, they did, and the work just got approved! :happy feet:

They called me today and told me to stop by, and they handed me this box full of stuff, and told me good luck.

scoop.jpg

Now I just have to find a body shop willing to do all that work for $750. :headscratch:

The adventure continues...

I am in the middle of this same warrenty repair, don't let them off the hook they are resposible for the replacement if you are still under the 3yers/36K miles. My dealership is doing mine again for the 2nd time due to shotty repair work. They are responsible for the install. GOOD LUCK!

They called me today and told me to stop by, and they handed me this box full of stuff, and told me good luck.

scoop.jpg

Now I just have to find a body shop willing to do all that work for $750. :headscratch:

What a bummer.

I just had my hood repaired for the bubbling around the hood pins. done by a body shop

on Guam. They did it for $635. All done under warranty.

The work order said they were going to remove the corrosion and repaint the hood.

I don't know if they did anything to the stripes. I won't be able to look at the car for several months

and my father's 69 yr old eyes can't really be trusted.

Well, finally, after nearly 10 months of bugging my local Ford dealership to put in for the hood scoop fix and bubbling around the hood pins, they did, and the work just got approved! :happy feet:

scoop.jpg

Stratgirl

I'm a little confused on your situation. Where is the $750 coming from?

Steve

Stratgirl

Steve

Same here. Did I miss something?

After all these issues going on I've decided I better start driving it more before the warranty runs out.

Stratgirl

Steve

They told me they'd authorize compensation up to $750 for whatever body shop I find to do the work since the work is covered under warranty. So I have to find a shop to do the work, then get the ford dealer an invoice, and they will get a check up to $750 to the body shop that did the work as compensation.

They told me they'd authorize compensation up to $750 for whatever body shop I find to do the work since the work is covered under warranty. So I have to find a shop to do the work, then get the ford dealer an invoice, and they will get a check up to $750 to the body shop that did the work as compensation.

Well although I think its crazy that they handed you a box of parts its probably best. I don't think I could trust this dealer to do the repair. I guess they never heard of sub-letting the work.

Anyway the best thing is to find a dealer that has already performed this "fix".

Any Team Shelby members in New York know of a dealer that has done this "fix" before? StratGirl needs your help so please chime in if you can.

Steve

Yea, I agree. I'm not bummed, I'm actually glad. I think I have leads on some good shops, but the problem is they all want more than $750. Which I don't blame them, it's a lot of work for $750. So the hard part is finding a good shop that works cheap.

The adventure continues! :superhero:

A whole different attitude out "there" when it comes to customer service.....................handed a box and told good luck...................sheeeez. :nonono:

I would call Ford’s customer service department directly and file a complaint with them. My dealership subbed the work out themselves to a local body shop, that way both the dealerships service department and the body shop were responsible for the repair being done correctly.

Ask yourself, if the body shop YOU choose screws up the work, who is going to take responsibility for the quality of the work?

scoop.jpg

The ironic part is that I would LOVE for my local Ford Dealership to hand me all the parts and a $750 budget to get mine fixed...

Gregg

07SGT0547

The ironic part is that I would LOVE for my local Ford Dealership to hand me all the parts and a $750 budget to get mine fixed...

Gregg

07SGT0547

For you and I, yes, this would be a great thing, however, most people are not up to doing this type of work or have the time and tools.

So is the Ford houses letting youguys keep the old warped scoop... I am fixing to take the plunge and get my scoop replaced...

No, I was told by the service general manager, they are not paid until the old scoop is returned to SAI.

at least ford will help us somewhat with there dealers my buddy just got his GM product back after a halfassed motor replacement cause some major issues. the short story is the dealer that did the install went belly up (go figure) and GM said sorry we are not responsable for our dealerships as we dont own them. now bare in mind my buddy isnt going to let this go but i was like WTF just another reason to stay away from GM well that and they just axed pontiac.

Well although I think its crazy that they handed you a box of parts its probably best. I don't think I could trust this dealer to do the repair. I guess they never heard of sub-letting the work.

Anyway the best thing is to find a dealer that has already performed this "fix".

Any Team Shelby members in New York know of a dealer that has done this "fix" before? StratGirl needs your help so please chime in if you can.

Steve

Agreed!

I demanded the parts and the money and took it to my own shop and GLADLY paid the extra $200 to get the work done and done right. Your dealer is telling you they don't feel competent to do the work. They could have contracted it out themselves to the lowest bidder but do you really want that?

Ask around and find a REALLY REALLY good body shop!

I'd be thankful honestly.

I would call Ford’s customer service department directly and file a complaint with them. My dealership subbed the work out themselves to a local body shop, that way both the dealerships service department and the body shop were responsible for the repair being done correctly.

Ask yourself, if the body shop YOU choose screws up the work, who is going to take responsibility for the quality of the work?

That's a consideration...but based upon my experience with the dealer, and on my own, I'd take that bet!

• 2 weeks later...

I sent my local dealer several e-mails about the scoop problem. No Replies.... I'm thinking "oh no". Today, I stopped by and showed them the problem with the scoop and stripes. Told them the new scoop is fiberglass and would require an installation with rivets. That these problems are common for the SGTs. The service manager asked the body shop manager to take a look. He said "no problem" that they would take care of it !! Fingers crossed....

Kudos to Munday Ford in Bastrop !

well thats messed up that they gave you the parts and told you good luck. Im just waiting from my dealer to hear from Ford wether they are going to approve a new hood for the bubbling around the hood pins. The strippes are already approved now just waiting for the hood.

• 6 months later...

Ok, an update.

I finally found a local dealer willing to do the warranty work thanks to a Team Shelby member. A quick reminder, I put in for warranty work to repair the bubbling around the hood pins and new hood scoop. The dealer i bought the car from didn't want to touch the work, but they ordered the warranty parts for me, got me a code authorization for the work, gave me the parts, and told me good luck.

I dropped off the parts over 2 weeks ago to the dealer willing to do the warranty work, gave them the parts, instructions, auth code, and Ford Performance Group 1-800 number in case they had issues. A manager of some kind scolded me, and told me that they cannnot do the work until they get a new code authorization, because the one I have is now too old, and it will be much harder for them to get a new code authorization once one has already been issued and not used. I thought whatever, he has the number and just has to make some calls, he's just cranky because now he has actual work to do instead of surfing the internet.

Here we are, over 2 weeks later, and I haven't heard anything. I called the guy doing the work in the shop, and he tells me that he hasn't been allowed to even touch the car yet, because the pseudo- manager has not given him a refreshed code authorization for the work. I asked why not, and he said the pseudo- manager told him he's been trying to call, and no one picks up or returns his calls. So i dial the 1-800 number, get right through, and I'm told by Ford Performance Group that no one has called on my car for months (since I ordered the hood scoop). WTF??!? I just paid $600 to rent a car for 2 weeks.

So now what? Should I just wait, and get it done no matter how long it takes? Fight with the dealership? Take my car back and try to find another dealership? The guy who is actually doing the repairs there is great and has hood scoop and Shelby experience, it's just the guys who are doing the paperwork I apparently have a problem with. What can I do to get this guy moving? (BTW I tried getting an updated code auth from Ford Performance Group directly, and they wouldn't help me out. Said they have to work with the dealer only).

The guy at the dealership who was supposed to make the call has been refusing to take my calls all morning. I left a voicemail for the dealership's general manager as well. Not sure what else to do at this point.

:cry:

i'll give you a hint, bypass the general manager and go straight to the dealers owner. thats what i did. the work was done in less then a week after he got involved. he even tore shelby a new one when they were having problems getting me a undamaged scoop(poor packing was the culprit) well long story short he got it done, here we are 1 mustang, 5 pickup trucks and 1 expedition later. get to know the owner and its smooth sailing usually.

doenges ford of bartlesville is who i got my car from. the owners EXTREMELY hands on there. if it goes on in his dealership he knows about it and if he doesnt know about it then some ones getting a whooping :hysterical:

bottom line find a dealer you are confident in and one that has a hands on owner

The guy at the dealership who was supposed to make the call has been refusing to take my calls all morning. I left a voicemail for the dealership's general manager as well. Not sure what else to do at this point.

:cry:

sorry to hear you are having this problem. I would at least ask the dealer how much they are going to pay towards my rental since this is warranty work and the expectation was that they were working on the car. Worth a shot. Also, you may want to give MM a call down in Perry. He may know of someone you can call directly. Craig

Archived