TEAM SHELBY FORUM

CORSA(SPORT)

I RECENTLY INSTALLED THE CORSA MUFFLERS AND EVEN THOUGH IT SOUNDS GREAT IM JUST LOOKING FOR A BIT LOUDER SOUND. :confused: I ALREADY HAD FLOWMASTERS SLP(LOUDMOUTHS) AND SPINTECH. ALL THOUGH THE SLP SET UP WAS OBNOXIOUSLY LOUD I REALLY WASN'T PLEASED WITH THE SOUND THEY PRODUCED. :banghead: HAS ANYONE HEARD THE CORSA SET UP WITH AN OFF ROAD X PIPE? THE CORSAS HAVE ABSOLUTELY NO DRONE, SO IF I PUT AND O/R X WILL THIS PRODUCE A DRONE.

I just finished installing my loudmouths last week. Loved the way it sounded when I started it and while it was sitting at idle in my driveway. After driving it for 2 days, I ordered the KR mufflers this morning. The drone from the loudmouth was enough to make me slam a bottle of Tylenol. Actually made me sick to my stomach a little listening to that. KR's should be here by the end of the week!

I would just go to Youtube and type in the search what you are looking for. I found a lot of links with Corsa exhaust. Not sure if they where with the X pipe or not.

I think Grabber has a thread with video of his X pipe and KR mufflers. You could do a search on this site for the Corsa's as well.

I RECENTLY INSTALLED THE CORSA MUFFLERS AND EVEN THOUGH IT SOUNDS GREAT IM JUST LOOKING FOR A BIT LOUDER SOUND. :confused: I ALREADY HAD FLOWMASTERS SLP(LOUDMOUTHS) AND SPINTECH. ALL THOUGH THE SLP SET UP WAS OBNOXIOUSLY LOUD I REALLY WASN'T PLEASED WITH THE SOUND THEY PRODUCED. :banghead: HAS ANYONE HEARD THE CORSA SET UP WITH AN OFF ROAD X PIPE? THE CORSAS HAVE ABSOLUTELY NO DRONE, SO IF I PUT AND O/R X WILL THIS PRODUCE A DRONE.

I had an ordinary 2006 GT a few years back so I don't now how this CORSA thing is exactly would equate on a GT500 but here is my take on it....I had replaced the stock axle-backs and h-pipe with the corsa axle-backs and the corsa x-pipe. At startup and idle the corsa config made the exhaust sound deeper and much more smooth quality sounding however it actually was not as loud as the stock setup.....however at wide-open throttle it was the loudest aggressive roar I ever encountered of any axle-backs I ever heard including Loudmouths. The first time I stomped on it I actually got scared for a moment thinking if any cop heard this I would surely get a ticket for excessive exhaust loudness.

The laid back idle sound of the CORSA setup was something I had to get used to since I was looking for something a little louder at idle, however, the sound quality and smoothness at idle far surpassed anything I heard on anyone else's stang. After a couple months I was glad to have purchased the CORSA setup. And in the final analysis having CORSA'S with their x-pipe on the car I think played a small part in bringing the worth of the car up when I sold it off since CORSA'S are considered to be the "cadillac" exhaust on the entire market.

I had an ordinary 2006 GT a few years back so I don't now how this CORSA thing is exactly would equate on a GT500 but here is my take on it....I had replaced the stock axle-backs and h-pipe with the corsa axle-backs and the corsa x-pipe. At startup and idle the corsa config made the exhaust sound deeper and much more smooth quality sounding however it actually was not as loud as the stock setup.....however at wide-open throttle it was the loudest aggressive roar I ever encountered of any axle-backs I ever heard including Loudmouths. The first time I stomped on it I actually got scared for a moment thinking if any cop heard this I would surely get a ticket for excessive exhaust loudness.

The laid back idle sound of the CORSA setup was something I had to get used to since I was looking for something a little louder at idle, however, the sound quality and smoothness at idle far surpassed anything I heard on anyone else's stang. After a couple months I was glad to have purchased the CORSA setup. And in the final analysis having CORSA'S with their x-pipe on the car I think played a small part in bringing the worth of the car up when I sold it off since CORSA'S are considered to be the "cadillac" exhaust on the entire market.

+1, I think Corsa has the best sound and they come with a Lifetime warranty. There is no comparison in the build of Corsa and the KRs, Corsa is better.

+1, I think Corsa has the best sound and they come with a Lifetime warranty. There is no comparison in the build of Corsa and the KRs, Corsa is better.

I agree, I have the Corsas and like the sound alot. I feel at times they are just slightly quiet, but

when you jump on it they wake up. With an off road X-Pipe, I would think the Corsa would

sound pretty close to where they are now, but the with the off road pipe, the flow would improve

dramatically. The extra sound produced would be an added perk.

ItalianStallion

Thanks for the replys guys but i searched and searched and I came out with a strike out.. :dance: Lol..Anyways any one running an off road x on anything? :cry:

I know my buddy will is running an offroad xpipe here in Dallas. Haven't ridden with him, but have been next to him at a few car & coffees and it sounds great from the outside (so much so that I think I'll be having an offroad pipe put on mine (trying to see if I can get someone locally to replace the xpipe portion with PHRP's Hpipe :-) ). His logon here is 2006GT500. If he doesn't pick up on this thread, drop him a pm.

I know my buddy will is running an offroad xpipe here in Dallas. Haven't ridden with him, but have been next to him at a few car & coffees and it sounds great from the outside (so much so that I think I'll be having an offroad pipe put on mine (trying to see if I can get someone locally to replace the xpipe portion with PHRP's Hpipe :-) ). His logon here is 2006GT500. If he doesn't pick up on this thread, drop him a pm.

Thanks for the replys guys.

Im thinking of getting a bassani o/r x put on this weekend.

Thanks for the replys guys.

Im thinking of getting a bassani o/r x put on this weekend.

I am really happy with the Bassani set up I have; I think a lot of it though is just a personal choice. I like the more bassey throaty sound at idle and partial throttle and at WOT with the off road pipe and LT headers it is out of this world. I did a lot of comparisons before buying and so many of them sounded tinny to me and yet other people loved the sound. If at all possible try and hear a few of them in person as I found doing the you tube comparisons I really liked some that I didn't in person.

So I call my local shop today and asked if I could have a bassani off road x pipe ordered. They gave me a price (249) and everything, but towards the end of the call the owner of the shop picks up the phone and tells me he would not recomend putting and off road anything on any 05 and up mustang. He said there is not gonna be any back pressure and that my car will sound like a old school lowrider or cherry bomb something like that. Any thoughts or advise on this guys? Is 249 a good deal for the X? :headscratch:

So I call my local shop today and asked if I could have a bassani off road x pipe ordered. They gave me a price (249) and everything, but towards the end of the call the owner of the shop picks up the phone and tells me he would not recomend putting and off road anything on any 05 and up mustang. He said there is not gonna be any back pressure and that my car will sound like a old school lowrider or cherry bomb something like that. Any thoughts or advise on this guys? Is 249 a good deal for the X? :headscratch:

Offroad x-pipe with aggressive mufflers IMO are way too loud! I ran a JBA O/R with FRPP 5GTs for about 10 miles and immediately put the stock x-pipe back on!

If you still want to experiment I'll sell you my JBA cheap!

Offroad x-pipe with aggressive mufflers IMO are way too loud! I ran a JBA O/R with FRPP 5GTs for about 10 miles and immediately put the stock x-pipe back on!

If you still want to experiment I'll sell you my JBA cheap!

I just have a stock setup, well the 40th pkg. axle-backs. Will the jba o/r bolt directly to them? :headscratch:

I just have a stock setup, well the 40th pkg. axle-backs. Will the jba o/r bolt directly to them? :headscratch:

Yep ... direct replacement for stock mid pipes. I believe 40th pkg has Borla stingers right? If so, caution VERY LOUD!

Yep ... direct replacement for stock mid pipes. I believe 40th pkg has Borla stingers right? If so, caution VERY LOUD!

No the 40th has the regular Borlas with the "Shelby" tips. I had the 5gt's before the 40th got installed and like that sound. Unfortunately I sold them and now the sound is just toooo mellow. I wonder if the jba o/r would sound good with the regular Borlas??

No the 40th has the regular Borlas with the "Shelby" tips. I had the 5gt's before the 40th got installed and like that sound. Unfortunately I sold them and now the sound is just toooo mellow. I wonder if the jba o/r would sound good with the regular Borlas??

It would make them like 5 times louder! ... no sh**!

Archived