TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Online Window Sticker

OK, how were you able to save that as pic file?

These are in pdf file and I can't figure out how to save it as jpeg?

there are 2 ways I use.One ,you need the full Acrobat software,which I use in my comsulting business.Open the pdf file using the full suite acrobat,not acrobat reader,and click save as,and cjoose jpg.

The other way,which also reduces the file below the 500k limit in this forum, is to use a screen grabber program, like SnagIt. Its a really cool program I really love, that basically allows you to save whateveris on your screen as almost any file,add comments,edit files etc--you can get it on line .Good luck

just some general information from another site about the order process. i ran into this info looking to see if ford had built a customer gateway into their supply chain process like bmw has. the person who posted this doesn't track for people anymore (i can't even begin to fathom how much work that must have been for the guy).

http://www.blueovalforums.com/forums/index...showtopic=12137

so ford supply chain dates:

Receipt Date: The date that MS&S recorded the order.

When the order is received from the dealers

Serialize Date: The date that MS&S transfers the order to MP&L and the VIN is created.

When the order is received by Material Planning and parts are ordered

Segment Date: The date that MP&L determines which week the order will be built.

When they figure what week that parts will be able to be delivered to the plant to build the vehicle

Sequence Date: The date that MP&L determines which day the order will be built.

When they figure what day that parts can be at the plant to build the vehicle

Blend Date: The date that MP&L determines when the order will be built within the assigned day.

When they figure the specific order that vehicles will be built. This depends on options and line constraints.

Produced Date: The date that VO finished assembling the vehicle

Your unit has been built!

Gate Release Date: The date that VO transfers the vehicle to Transportation Carriers for shipping

Your unit has left the building, and is in the hands of the shipper (rail or truck)

Ship Date: The date the vehicle left the Assembly Plant

Your unit has left the load site, and is on it's way to the dealer

Arrival Date: The date the Dealership received the vehicle

Your dealer has the unit in hand, doing the dealer prep thingy

Sold Date: The date the Customer picked up the vehicle

You came in, looked it over, said, "I'll take it!" and signed the papers.

average handle times

Q. What is the AVERAGE wait time between the various dates?

A. Remember that this as only a guideline (except as noted) and in no way a guarantee.

Receipt Date to Serialize Date: Anywhere from a right away to few days; UNLESS there is a material hold or it is near the end of the model year run and there is a chance that car won't make it to production for that model year.

Serialize Date to Segment Date: Anywhere from a right away to few days.

Segment Date to Sequence Date: A week or two.

Sequence Date to Blend Date: This is usually one of the longest waits, it can be anywhere from a week to a month (or longer if the vehicle is a special edition or limited run!) It is completely dependant on the anticipated build date, the blend date will be almost exactly one week before the build date.

Blend Date to Produced Date: One week, NEVER before. Sometimes later if there is a production hiccup at the plant but seldom more than 2 weeks.

Produced Date to Gate Release Date: Same day as Produced to a week.

Gate Release Date to Ship Date: Same day as Gate Release to a week or even two.

Ship Date to Arrival Date: One to two weeks depending on your proximity to the plant.

Arrival Date to Sold Date: Well, that depends on how quickly your dealer preps your car and you come to pick it up.

so as you can see this is a SEQUENTIAL process (like most supply chain affairs).

what this means is that if you don't have a VIN, your order most likely hasn't been submitted (i got my VIN 2 days after i placed my order on the dealer's AS400 emulator (which brough back some nostalgia as to how state of the art that was 15 years ago).

the online window sticker is only available once you have a BLEND date. this means that some of the people in this thread will get a window sticker, the rest of us will not :(

once you get the blend date ie window sticker, you should only be a week to 10 days out from production.

By the way, almost every sticker I've seen says "Rail" under transport method. Mine says "Convoy."

My Sticker (posted JUST today!) also says "convoy"

Maybe they're gonna be delivering ours together, being that they're both Kona Blue!

Archived